Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st August 2021, 07.30:46   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Ratings Versus Notts County (H)

Lainton (6) - Didn't really have a lot to do. My concerns with him are crosses across his 6-yard box, which he doesn't claim.

French (7) - Thought he played very well in the first-half, both offensively and defensively. He is quick and reads the game well. His one glaring mistake led to their goal. Good player, but is he a wing-back? Yes, he can do a job but not ideal.

Hayden (9) - A very good defender with a great all-round game. Class signing. Easily my MOTM.

Tozer (8) - Brings leadership and stability to the back-three. His long throw-ins are a great threat, but we need to work on how to better use them. County defended like Spartans; lesser teams would have collapsed under the threat.

Cleworth (7) - For a young lad playing on the 'wrong side' of a back-three he did very well. Of course he would look the weakest link compared to his more experienced defenders, but he has ability and would have learnt a lot from last night.

Reckord (7) - He had a lot of possession last night, especially in the second-half. Solid defensively, but doesn't offer enough going forward.

Young (6) - Started well and thought he had turned the corner. But he slowly became less effective as the game progressed. He was unable to stop their midfield threats, and sat deeper and deeper. Is it a lack of ability or was he just knackered after lots of effort in 2 demanding games? My opinion is we need better if we are to command the league rather than just being in the hunt.

Davies (7) - Offered the best threat from midfield, and got hacked down 4 times when he ran at their midfield. Unlucky with that shot just after the second-half started, but it was always drifting across goal, albeit it had their keeper beaten. My opinion is he is too good not to be played, but has struggled to adapt to the midfield role. I think he should revert back to LWB unless a new midfield general of the calibre of Gen Wingate is found today.

James Jones (7) - Similar to Young but more effective. Great assist for the equaliser and denied a goal. Will get better if we can sort out the midfield.

Mullin (8) - He is a tremendous footballer, and always looking to play it to those in better positions. Worked ceaselessly all night, and very unlucky not to bag a few more.

Hyde (7) - Also a very good player, albeit I think his energy levels dropped towards the end after 2 quick games. He and Mullin will tear apart lesser teams as the season progresses.

Subs:

Angus (5) - Late substitution and struggled to cope with the pace of the game. He is not a target-man, but will be lethal playing off Hyde or someone like him.

McAlinden (6) - Looks good on the ball, but had few opportunities to win the game.

I thought Notts County came to stop us playing. They didn't achieve that, but they did stop us scoring through numbers behind the ball, a well organized defence, lots of luck and a piss poor bunch of officials. Welcome to the NL.

We looked superb, especially in the first-half, but our biggest areas that need improving is the defensive role of the midfield and the width and pace needed from the 2 wing-backs. Against lesser teams last night would have been a massacre; but we effectively dropped 2 points last night.

PP knows we are still short of players in a few areas, and he is rumoured to be signing 2 new additions today. We won't sign all that I think we need, but my priorities would be:

1. Midfield general who can break-up play before quickly and accurately passing to our more creative players.

2. Another target-man to compete with Hyde.

3. A RWB.

4. A keeper who comes off his line and controls that 6-yard box.

We are now a footballing team, thanks to PP and his staff, and the players. We quickly need to become a more ruthless team; one that defends better, creates chances and scores more goals. I think it will happen, but we need those new faces signed today.
Old 31st August 2021, 07.35:34   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Ratings Versus Notts County (H)

A little generous there PD, I agree on the Mullin rating only. Everyone else is at least 1 too high for me. I thought Young had a stinker, French was no more than a 6 and McAlinden looked like a headless chicken when he came on, Angus similarly ineffective
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st August 2021, 07.38:00   #3-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Lainton7

French 8
Hayden 8
Tozer 7
Max C 6
Reckord 6

Jones 5
Young 8
Davies 7

Hyde 7
Mullin 7
Old 31st August 2021, 07.44:17   #4-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Lainton 6 literally had one catch, and could not do anything about the goal

Hayden 7 strong defensively. hit and miss distribution
Tozer 7 looks good, love his long throws but we don't have enough size to get on the end of them
Cleworth 5 thought he did well considering it was only his second start. deserves a lot of credit

French 6 good defensively and does a great job of getting up and down. not enough quality in advanced positions in big games like this though
Jones 7 a good acquisition and good on the ball
Young 7 The only midfielder willing to tackle, but out of position again
Davies 6 some great moments but not consistent enough
Reckord 7 thought he played quite well, got up and down well, got stuck in, put in some decent crosses, but his crossing quality was variable

Hyde 5 Wasn't that impressed with him, seem reasonable in the air - but not dominant, and struggled to control the ball at times
Mullin 8 MOTM clearly our star man, and deserved his goal

subs

Angus - didn't play to his strengths
Mcalinden - not sure what his role was. looks good on the ball, but got on the ball far too deep.
Old 31st August 2021, 07.47:36   #5-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Lainton 6 - nothing to do really but position can be criticised on the goal I think.

French 6 - I think he’s a very good defender but he’s simply not a wingback.

Tozer 6 - some clumsy hoofs and other poor passing. Long throw produced nothing, but that’s not his fault.

Hayden 8 - looks fantastic IMO. He’ll find it very easy at this level, he’s got the lot.

Cleworth 6 - struggled a bit and was done for the goal.

Reckord 6 - produced nothing going forward and you just don’t know when he’s going to pass the ball due to his lazy languid motions.

Young 4 - just not up to it. He looks well below the requirements now you see the quality around him.

Jones 7 - bright and a big threat going forward. On another day he has a brilliant goal and a great assist and ends up MOTM.

Davies 6 - some good some bad. Wildly inconsistent. Goes from looking a world beater to a young naive lad the next.

Hyde 7 - proper striker who puts himself about and has good technique

Mullin 9 - he’s sensational. A constant threat with quality. A great all round footballer with work rate, technique and a football brain. We were told he’s just a finisher, he’s not. He’s got everything to his game.

Subs

McAlinden 4 - looked drunk and dozy

Angus 5 - couldn’t get in the game at all
Old 31st August 2021, 07.50:58   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Lainton 6 - nothing to do really but position can be criticised on the goal I think.

French 6 - I think he’s a very good defender but he’s simply not a wingback.

Tozer 6 - some clumsy hoofs and other poor passing. Long throw produced nothing, but that’s not his fault.

Hayden 8 - looks fantastic IMO. He’ll find it very easy at this level, he’s got the lot.

Cleworth 6 - struggled a bit and was done for the goal.

Reckord 6 - produced nothing going forward and you just don’t know when he’s going to pass the ball due to his lazy languid motions.

Young 4 - just not up to it. He looks well below the requirements now you see the quality around him.

Jones 7 - bright and a big threat going forward. On another day he has a brilliant goal and a great assist and ends up MOTM.

Davies 6 - some good some bad. Wildly inconsistent. Goes from looking a world beater to a young naive lad the next.

Hyde 7 - proper striker who puts himself about and has good technique

Mullin 9 - he’s sensational. A constant threat with quality. A great all round footballer with work rate, technique and a football brain. We were told he’s just a finisher, he’s not. He’s got everything to his game.

Subs

McAlinden 4 - looked drunk and dozy

Angus 5 - couldn’t get in the game at all
Move Young to a 5 and Hyde to a 6 and I agree.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st August 2021, 07.50:58   #7-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Lainton 6 nothing to do really

French 7 defensively did well but going forwad he was ineffective
Reckord 5 the talk of Roberto Carlos last night was laughable, still can’t run or cross

Tozer 8 impressive home debut, big, strong and can move
Hayden 8 same as above a class player but his long passing was woeful on occasions.
Cleworth 5.5 a very shaky first half when under pressure and needed to be stronger for their goal.

Young 6 very much a Sam Wedgbury bombing around performance when it looked like he was expected to sit.
Davies 6 had a better second half when he was carrying the ball more.
Jones 7 clearly a quality player, showed some lovely touches and passing and a delightful ball for the goal but a shame the other pair in midfield were on a different wavelength.

Mullin 8 fantastic player, movement and football ability is streets ahead of any striker we’ve had in the conference.
Hyde 7 linked up great with Mullin and did exactly what a ‘target man’ should do but it’s wasted on the ones who wanted to keep Gold.

Wing backs at the moment are an issue as well as midfield, could Davies be used as a LWB if we sign another midfielder? Hopefully a RWB will come in.
Old 31st August 2021, 07.56:20   #8-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Jones 5
Young 8
We've found last night's match sponsor.
Old 31st August 2021, 07.59:11   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Can't do ratings but if we don't start picking up players when they are attacking we will concede more goals unnecessarily this season. We allowed them to carry the ball far too much when they could get into possession.

Our forward pressing was nothing short of magnificent, really great energy for 70 mins. Angus for mullin was probably the right sub to make rather than Hyde.

Davies to lwb and if young doesn't raise his game I see him becoming a squad player unfortunately. I love young, but he was a diamond in the rough last season, and in this team very much a cubic zirconia...

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.21:34.