Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th September 2021, 19.25:29   #11-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive
Twitter: @

Default Re: Salary cap 2022/23

So many Clbs have offered 3 year fat deals
Im inclined to believe this wont go through

Players unions will kick off , and rightly so
Old 4th September 2021, 19.45:25   #12-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
If it does come in dont you get a dispensation for players already under contract, so all our players on three year contracts don't count, effectively.

I may be wrong in the details of that but I'm sure I read something along those lines.
Highly paid players under contract would be taken into account but the suggestion was that their salary would have to be based on the average for a National League player.
So a player on e.g.£4000 a week would be classed as earning the average, say £1500 per week.
Contract Law and Employment Law means the League cannot interfere with existing contracts, that’s one of the reasons why clubs in the National League are offering 2 and 3 year deals.
Old 4th September 2021, 19.48:24   #13-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Question atm is whether Che$ter will still be in the National League Divisions at this point…can you launch a motion that you are no longer a party too if it comes to fruition??
Old 4th September 2021, 20.23:51   #14-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent Stand

I can see an argument for saying that a club can only spend a certain percentage of their turnover. That could prevent clubs from going bust, but to put a ball park figure (£900,000) is crazy.

Borehamwood, who probably have a turnover of less than £500,000, could spend £900,000. On the other hand we could have a turnover of over £3,000,000 but only be able to spend the same £900,000. What happens to the other £2,000,000 plus?
Old 4th September 2021, 21.19:31   #15-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Pop View Post
I can see an argument for saying that a club can only spend a certain percentage of their turnover. That could prevent clubs from going bust, but to put a ball park figure (£900,000) is crazy.

Borehamwood, who probably have a turnover of less than £500,000, could spend £900,000. On the other hand we could have a turnover of over £3,000,000 but only be able to spend the same £900,000. What happens to the other £2,000,000 plus?
Funnily enough I'm pretty sure Chester would still struggle with a 900k salary cap in this league (should they ever reach it again). They don't stand to gain from this style, honestly, whereas the turnover based approach seen in the EFL would benefit them, and ourselves, greatly.

It just seems to be a poorly thought out solution to the issue when something much better already exists in the leagues above. It'd allow for an easy transition from non-league to the EFL by implementing something similar.
Old 4th September 2021, 22.44:13   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

As stated too easy to get around anyway... We would have so many family members employed in random roles being paid more than some players
Old 5th September 2021, 11.19:46   #17-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH23 View Post
Funnily enough I'm pretty sure Chester would still struggle with a 900k salary cap in this league (should they ever reach it again). They don't stand to gain from this style, honestly, whereas the turnover based approach seen in the EFL would benefit them, and ourselves, greatly.

It just seems to be a poorly thought out solution to the issue when something much better already exists in the leagues above. It'd allow for an easy transition from non-league to the EFL by implementing something similar.
Yep, only 1300 at Legoland yesterday
Old 5th September 2021, 11.24:48   #18-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Yep, only 1300 at Legoland yesterday
Someone suggested on Deva Chat, last week, that they have lost a few hundred to us!!
Old 5th September 2021, 11.58:05   #19-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Pop View Post

It’ll be folded and tucked in nicely within the owner(s) back pocket.

This cap would be all too easy to circumvent anyway. What would stop the next Paul Mullin we buy from making a ‘special’ appearance in Deadpool 3 or his wife from making shedloads whilst holding down some illegitimate job role? The club’s creative accountant would be on overtime!
Old 5th September 2021, 13.32:07   #20-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Lockdown at home
Twitter: @podders1981

While at Derby Tom Inces mum was allegedly paid £700k for scouting services to the club!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.51:10.