Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th September 2021, 22.54:14   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesRed View Post
Honestly, I think we should play 41212 narrow as our starting formation with Tozer as the ball winning Brad Walker CDM type of player.

With Brisley and Hayden as our two CB when he is fully fit.

I think we will start to dominate games when playing in this shape due to the midfield overload, but yet again, I am not the manager and I'm sure our coaching team will do what they thinks best for the club.
I think PP is stuck on 352. Difficult not being at the game and seeing how things are going, but today 0-2 down with Lennon cramping up and loads of time to turn it around was an ideal time to sacrifice a centre back and put McIlinden on in a free role off the strikers, but he stuck with it and will feel justified with a point.
Old 5th September 2021, 02.24:42   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
redknight's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

I know PP said Lennon was at the start of this journey but he was blowing out his arse 10mins in.
__________________
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
Old 5th September 2021, 07.05:30   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

So 10 hours after the PP Post match interview appeared on YouTube and on Facebook it still has not appeared on the club subscription site Wrexham Player.
What is the point in paying the subscription when much of the content is published free much more quickly elsewhere.
Old 5th September 2021, 07.50:41   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs
Real Name: tc
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by redknight View Post
Said exactly same on twitter... Trying to think of team who play a specialist cdm when playing 3 CB... I'd probably go with rather than tozer. Keep tozer next to Hayden
French is quicker and can cover more ground.
That is it, it would mean a change of formation to accommodate a dm, otherwise we would be to isolated up front. I am happy to leave it to the manager. Three difficult away games, 5 points, I would have settled for that at the start. People need to keep a bit calm, don't go back to Keates negative, defensive game
Old 5th September 2021, 08.30:33   #15-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name: Kevin Wynn
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

Sounds like we picked up a few knocks in this bruising encounter. PP looked a bit frustrated by our first-half performance, and was defensive about Lennon's match fitness, which is fair enough.

Our 'pressing game' does leave us susceptible to the counter-attack, which is how Notts County also caused us problems.

It's still 'early doors', and we have had some tough games and still have some difficult games ahead; but PP somehow needs to find that missing organization within the midfield to allow us to control games and then go on to win them.

Having Mullin back will make a huge difference, but we also know that Angus can do a job, too.

A point won rather than 2 points dropped at the end of the day.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 5th September 2021 at 08.32:39..
Old 5th September 2021, 08.45:48   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Garry
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Sounds like we picked up a few knocks in this bruising encounter. PP looked a bit frustrated by our first-half performance, and was defensive about Lennon's match fitness, which is fair enough.

Our 'pressing game' does leave us susceptible to the counter-attack, which is how Notts County also caused us problems.

It's still 'early doors', and we have had some tough games and still have some difficult games ahead; but PP somehow needs to find that missing organization within the midfield to allow us to control games and then go on to win them.

Having Mullin back will make a huge difference, but we also know that Angus can do a job, too.

A point won rather than 2 points dropped at the end of the day.
I am a bit surprised we have gone behind in 3 or the 4 games so far as I expected PP to make us better defensively. Maybe Briely will be the final piece in the jigsaw. Hopefully that will come over the next few weeks. Great to be unbeaten after these matches and makes me optimistic for the future.
Old 5th September 2021, 10.12:12   #17-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
I am a bit surprised we have gone behind in 3 or the 4 games so far as I expected PP to make us better defensively. Maybe Briely will be the final piece in the jigsaw. Hopefully that will come over the next few weeks. Great to be unbeaten after these matches and makes me optimistic for the future.
You have to look at what's happened to our defence and keeper. We started with Dibble, Lainton still doesn't look 100%, RHJ got injured so we've had to move French out of the middle (but he has done really well to be fair), Brisley hasn't played a game for us yet, Tozer only signed 10 days ago after a stressful protracted transfer saga, Hayden joined pretty late in pre season, we have played a teenage Cleworth probably more than PP would've wanted and then there's Lennon who can't play successive games (though we knew that when we signed hin). All in all the fact we haven't lost a game yet is a minor miracle and supports my view that we can only get better when players are fit and get used to playing together more
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th September 2021, 10.14:23   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Garry
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
You have to look at what's happened to our defence and keeper. We started with Dibble, Lainton still doesn't look 100%, RHJ got injured so we've had to move French out of the middle (but he has done really well to be fair), Brisley hasn't played a game for us yet, Tozer only signed 10 days ago after a stressful protracted transfer saga, Hayden joined pretty late in pre season, we have played a teenage Cleworth probably more than PP would've wanted and then there's Lennon who can't play successive games (though we knew that when we signed hin). All in all the fact we haven't lost a game yet is a minor miracle and supports my view that we can only get better when players are fit and get used to playing together more
Posted via mobile theme
Yes all valid reasons
Old 5th September 2021, 10.23:25   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
You have to look at what's happened to our defence and keeper. We started with Dibble, Lainton still doesn't look 100%, RHJ got injured so we've had to move French out of the middle (but he has done really well to be fair), Brisley hasn't played a game for us yet, Tozer only signed 10 days ago after a stressful protracted transfer saga, Hayden joined pretty late in pre season, we have played a teenage Cleworth probably more than PP would've wanted and then there's Lennon who can't play successive games (though we knew that when we signed hin). All in all the fact we haven't lost a game yet is a minor miracle and supports my view that we can only get better when players are fit and get used to playing together more
Posted via mobile theme
I have no doubt that we will get better for the reasons you state. I fear however our midfield options limit how much better we can get. In a strong league you aren't going to come first with options of Davies, Young , D Jones and Jones.
Old 5th September 2021, 10.37:07   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan
 
Birdy's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Phil Parkinson, Post Match Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
I have no doubt that we will get better for the reasons you state. I fear however our midfield options limit how much better we can get. In a strong league you aren't going to come first with options of Davies, Young , D Jones and Jones.
Diagree to an extent, you can win the title with the two Jones' (an ex premiership and league one midfielder) as they are more than good enough. We just need that player alongside them to take the heat off and provide them with the ball. Davies and Young are not that player.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.38:28.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12