RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Grimsby Away. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118205-grimsby-away.html)

Quay Red 6th September 2021 09.35:02

Grimsby Away.

Hope we're not having a last minute ticket fiasco like we did for the Southend game.
Thought tickets were to go on sale today?

FieldtownRed 6th September 2021 09.40:37

Re: Grimsby Away.

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2510929]Hope we're not having a last minute ticket fiasco like we did for the Southend game.
Thought tickets were to go on sale today?[/QUOTE]

Aren’t they available from Grimsby’s site though? So nothing to do with our ticketing dept?

Quay Red 6th September 2021 09.44:22

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2510933]Aren’t they available from Grimsby’s site though? So nothing to do with our ticketing dept?[/QUOTE]

If I could have booked via the Grimsby site, I would have. No on line tickets for the Away end.

tokyored 6th September 2021 09.44:53

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2510933]Aren’t they available from Grimsby’s site though? So nothing to do with our ticketing dept?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Available on Grimsby's site and from the club shop.

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2021/september/ticket-news--grimsby-town-a-tickets-and-travel-now-available/[/url]

tokyored 6th September 2021 09.45:56

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2510934]If I could have booked via the Grimsby site, I would have. No on line tickets for the Away end.[/QUOTE]

They are on there. Need to click 'change to away tickets' first though.

FieldtownRed 6th September 2021 09.58:40

[QUOTE=tokyored;2510935]Correct. Available on Grimsby's site and from the club shop.

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2021/september/ticket-news--grimsby-town-a-tickets-and-travel-now-available/[/url][/QUOTE]

Now also available on our eticketing site

tokyored 6th September 2021 10.04:43

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2510940]Now also available on our eticketing site[/QUOTE]

Tickets everywhere :)

Just spotted you can now choose your seat for the Dagenham game from the stadium plan. Better than the process for the Woking game where you're allocated a seat but can keep changing it until you get one you want.

fluffysheepsupporter 6th September 2021 10.06:41

Except that this does not work , yet again. The option to purchase a ticket is there . You can select the number then it tells you to choose price band which does not work and you cannot go any further. I went on the Grimsby site and got a concession ticket , no problem .

les.gtfc 6th September 2021 19.16:35

Here's the link to buy tickets from our site.

https://www.venuetoolbox.com/grimsby/ASP/selectArea.asp?selectArea=true&eventID={292BF956-122C-4A28-8806-3BAF751E9DDB}&areaID={3300080E-9175-4391-8F62-D6182A5C652E}&layoutID={9ADC6AE9-A16C-4244-B875-FAAEED911850}&parentID={3300080E-9175-4391-8F62-D6182A5C652E}&packageID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}&homeArea=away&socialBubbleNumberOfSeats=&linkedSeats=&=&carParkID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}

A bit of a long address but just copy and paste it and it should bring up the page.

fluffysheepsupporter 6th September 2021 22.26:34

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2511096]Here's the link to buy tickets from our site.

https://www.venuetoolbox.com/grimsby/ASP/selectArea.asp?selectArea=true&eventID={292BF956-122C-4A28-8806-3BAF751E9DDB}&areaID={3300080E-9175-4391-8F62-D6182A5C652E}&layoutID={9ADC6AE9-A16C-4244-B875-FAAEED911850}&parentID={3300080E-9175-4391-8F62-D6182A5C652E}&packageID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}&homeArea=away&socialBubbleNumberOfSeats=&linkedSeats=&=&carParkID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}

A bit of a long address but just copy and paste it and it should bring up the page.[/QUOTE]

Les,
Your on line purchasing works perfectly. At least for me. Ticket printed and looking forward to another trip to Blundell Park.

Jaded 6th September 2021 23.08:35

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2510944]Except that this does not work , yet again. The option to purchase a ticket is there . You can select the number then it tells you to choose price band which does not work and you cannot go any further. I went on the Grimsby site and got a concession ticket , no problem .[/QUOTE]

Isn't it just travel that's available from our eticketing site?

[QUOTE]

[B]Tickets for our trip to face Grimsby Town at Blundell Park on Tuesday September 14 will be available to buy online from Grismby’s e-Ticketing website [/B]from Monday September 6 at 9am, and in person at the Wrexham AFC Club Shop.

[B]Tickets can also be bought through the Grimsby ticket office [/B]by phone, by calling 01472 605050.[B] Travel will also be available to buy from 9am on Monday September 6 from our eTicketing website.[/B]

The match, against the newly-relegated Mariners, kicks off at 7.45pm and pits the Red Dragons against former captain Shaun Pearson and his Grimsby team-mates.

[B]Tickets can be bought from Grimsby’s eTicketing website[/B] and we have been allocated 1,200 tickets for this game in the Osmond Stand. We will also be selling tickets for in-person purchases from the Club Shop.

[/QUOTE]

fluffysheepsupporter 7th September 2021 07.06:13

[QUOTE=Jaded;2511122]Isn't it just travel that's available from our eticketing site?[/QUOTE

Looks that way, 'cause I sure could not get a match ticket on it!

Poethlyn 7th September 2021 07.53:59

Booked my tickets via the Grimsby site yesterday, pick your seats and pick the tickets up from the Grimsby ticket office before the game.

RedGoolie 7th September 2021 10.36:58

[QUOTE=Poethlyn;2511147]Booked my tickets via the Grimsby site yesterday, pick your seats and pick the tickets up from the Grimsby ticket office before the game.[/QUOTE]

Ditto....a local(ish) one for me. opted for e-sms ticket and it was sent through to my mobile.

Drury-red 7th September 2021 10.43:19

Just purchased a couple. Much easier downloading them to mobile- saves the faff of going to the club shop.

Les, or anyone else, what's the parking situation like at Blundell Park? Probably won't get there until 7.30ish - is there anywhere close by?

les.gtfc 7th September 2021 11.27:00

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2511196]Just purchased a couple. Much easier downloading them to mobile- saves the faff of going to the club shop.

Les, or anyone else, what's the parking situation like at Blundell Park? Probably won't get there until 7.30ish - is there anywhere close by?[/QUOTE]

There plenty of street parking (no resident permit areas anywhere) but by 7.30 you probably won't get very close as the side streets fill up fairly quickly.

I usually try to get to the ground an hour before kick-off and sometimes it's a job getting somewhere fairly near, although I can usually get somewhere within about a 5-10 minute walk.

stevewxm 7th September 2021 12.13:09

Just got tickets direct from club shop v easy seems more people there, but not the usual crew don’t know why.

stevewxm 7th September 2021 16.24:23

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2511224]There plenty of street parking (no resident permit areas anywhere) but by 7.30 you probably won't get very close as the side streets fill up fairly quickly.

I usually try to get to the ground an hour before kick-off and sometimes it's a job getting somewhere fairly near, although I can usually get somewhere within about a 5-10 minute walk.[/QUOTE]

Cheers les, not sure how many will make the trip after Eastleigh and Southend in quick succession but I we have a car full :D

Poethlyn 7th September 2021 16.33:03

Anyone know the best place to get a drink and something to eat prior to the game, within walking distance of the ground.

les.gtfc 7th September 2021 18.48:44

[QUOTE=Poethlyn;2511428]Anyone know the best place to get a drink and something to eat prior to the game, within walking distance of the ground.[/QUOTE]

There are no pub as such really close to the ground.

There is The Blundell Park Hotel opposite the ground but as the name suggest this is more of a Hotel with a bar rather than a pub and it does get quite busy.

Your best bet would be to have a few in Cleethorpes High Street/Market Place first were there are plenty of boozers including a Wetherspoons and a few places for food too.

If you have time for a sit down meal, then Steels Corner House in The Market Place is best (Their Jumbo Haddock, Chips and Mushy Peas is legendary) or if you only have time for a takeaway then Ernie Becketts across the road from Steels is your best bet.

There is also a McDonalds right next to the ground if you prefer that muck.

Cleethorpes High Street is about a 15-20 minute walk from the ground.

Hope you enjoy the day, but not the result.

Back of the Kop 7th September 2021 18.50:02

I remember my last visit to Blundell Park in early 1989. A freezing day but warmed up pretty quick when we got attacked a few minutes from the ground by a lovely bunch of locals who used the bricks from a house that was being built to launch at us.

Got the car attacked on the way out after the game. The poor lad driving was devastated as they kicked the doors in

A rather interesting place is Cleethorpes.Maybe its calmed down in the last 30 years !! Were you there that day Les ?

Alls well that ends well though. We won 1-0 with Jon 'Animal' Bowden scoring our winner !!

les.gtfc 8th September 2021 08.22:47

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2511555]I remember my last visit to Blundell Park in early 1989. A freezing day but warmed up pretty quick when we got attacked a few minutes from the ground by a lovely bunch of locals who used the bricks from a house that was being built to launch at us.

Got the car attacked on the way out after the game. The poor lad driving was devastated as they kicked the doors in

A rather interesting place is Cleethorpes.Maybe its calmed down in the last 30 years !! Were you there that day Les ?

Alls well that ends well though. We won 1-0 with Jon 'Animal' Bowden scoring our winner !![/QUOTE]

Probably was as I was going regularly back then. Can't say that I remember the game though, there aren't many 1-0 home defeats that stick in the memory.

andy buckley 8th September 2021 13.51:18

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2511555]I remember my last visit to Blundell Park in early 1989. A freezing day but warmed up pretty quick when we got attacked a few minutes from the ground by a lovely bunch of locals who used the bricks from a house that was being built to launch at us.

Alls well that ends well though. We won 1-0 with Jon 'Animal' Bowden scoring our winner !![/QUOTE]

we had a mini bus to that game very lively after as you say wiv the old bill helpfully piling into us with batons.

Helsby Red 9th September 2021 10.46:12

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2511552]There are no pub as such really close to the ground.

There is The Blundell Park Hotel opposite the ground but as the name suggest this is more of a Hotel with a bar rather than a pub and it does get quite busy.

Your best bet would be to have a few in Cleethorpes High Street/Market Place first were there are plenty of boozers including a Wetherspoons and a few places for food too.

If you have time for a sit down meal, then Steels Corner House in The Market Place is best (Their Jumbo Haddock, Chips and Mushy Peas is legendary) or if you only have time for a takeaway then Ernie Becketts across the road from Steels is your best bet.

There is also a McDonalds right next to the ground if you prefer that muck.

Cleethorpes High Street is about a 15-20 minute walk from the ground.

Hope you enjoy the day, but not the result.[/QUOTE]

Nice 1 Les!!

First trip to Blundell Park. Another ground to tick off.

awill 10th September 2021 06.29:20

First went to Blundell Park in March 1973.
A superb Billy Ashcroft volley saw us win 1-0.
It was a long journey in those days but the result made it memorable.
Drove home that evening and stopped in Warrington for a couple of pints and watched Muhammad Ali lose the first of his three fights against Ken Norton.
All trivia I know, but a day I’ll never forget !

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.55:37.