RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dan Sear (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118216-dan-sear.html)

RexRentFree 7th September 2021 20.25:22

Re: Dan Sear

A CEO of an organisation isn’t expected to also be the mouthpiece updating the public at every turn and commenting on each issue. If you had an issue with Facebook you wouldn’t see Mark Zuckerberg issue a press release.

Haven’t we just signed the biggest sponsorship deals in non league history that has funded and attracted players that we could only ever dream of signing? This is a CEOs job in my book.

Tickets, Gin and shirt sales have sky rocketed while operating under the previous regimes internal processes. Also ticketmaster are having issues nationally with football sales. For me any responsibility for this lies squarely with the commercial manager. These are the bread and butter tasks for any commercial manager.

Yet almost every thread I read here the same names pop up criticising the higher level directors and FR for any potential issue at the club and making spurious allegations based on pure speculation.

I’ve seen a tremendous number of posts on Twitter, Facebook and here in the last month openly criticising the ticketing processes/service at the club. When I opened the match day programme the name I saw allocated to
“Head of Ticketing” was Dan Sear.

Now, I don’t place any blame myself on Dan or the club at this point due to the unprecedented demand and the known issues with ticketmaster coupled with the very short window imposed due to Covid seating allocation restrictions in Wales.

But there is only so much criticism a man with the title “Head of Ticketing” can take before they say enough is enough. Regardless of whether the responsibility lies with him.

Now when your giving your 2 cents worth on social media and speculating about what’s going on behind the scenes just remember these are real people who might be under serious pressure trying to deliver our tickets, shirts or bottles of gin.

Redordead 7th September 2021 20.27:16

Let’s see if things improve?

spyderred 7th September 2021 20.29:20

Maybe BUT if you can’t or are not delivering what you’re paid to do then it’s time to go, nice guy or not!

Liverpool Red 7th September 2021 20.34:27

[QUOTE=RexRentFree;2511625]A CEO of an organisation isn’t expected to also be the mouthpiece updating the public at every turn and commenting on each issue. If you had an issue with Facebook you wouldn’t see Mark Zuckerberg issue a press release.

Haven’t we just signed the biggest sponsorship deals in non league history that has funded and attracted players that we could only ever dream of signing? This is a CEOs job in my book.

Tickets, Gin and shirt sales have sky rocketed while operating under the previous regimes internal processes. Also ticketmaster are having issues nationally with football sales. For me any responsibility for this lies squarely with the commercial manager. These are the bread and butter tasks for any commercial manager.

Yet almost every thread I read here the same names pop up criticising the higher level directors and FR for any potential issue at the club and making spurious allegations based on pure speculation.

I’ve seen a tremendous number of posts on Twitter, Facebook and here in the last month openly criticising the ticketing processes/service at the club. When I opened the match day programme the name I saw allocated to
“Head of Ticketing” was Dan Sear.

Now, I don’t place any blame myself on Dan or the club at this point due to the unprecedented demand and the known issues with ticketmaster coupled with the very short window imposed due to Covid seating allocation restrictions in Wales.

But there is only so much criticism a man with the title “Head of Ticketing” can take before they say enough is enough. Regardless of whether the responsibility lies with him.

Now when your giving your 2 cents worth on social media and speculating about what’s going on behind the scenes just remember these are real people who might be under serious pressure trying to deliver our tickets, shirts or bottles of gin.[/QUOTE]

A strange post.

I don’t think anyone is criticising Dan Sear.

They are understandably questioning the commercial running of the club, which by anyone’s independent analysis, has not been good in recent months.

wreck's 'em 7th September 2021 20.37:01

[QUOTE=spyderred;2511624]Same here, no response to my emails over season ticket issue, it’s just not good enough! I’m fcuking fuming over the lack of communication and I will be going to the shop next week and I won’t leave until it’s resolved!![/QUOTE]

They’ve just been overwhelmed, severely understaffed, I think we all know the reasons behind that. I was there on Friday, continuous flow of people joining the queue, the phone never stopped ringing, but they can’t deal with the demand.

Birdy 7th September 2021 20.38:01

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2511522]Why is it the shop phone never gets answered and just goes to a full voice mail box ? so unprofessional, buck stops at our new CEO who is obviously way out of her depth !!![/QUOTE]

The club shop is Geoff Scotts' domain is it not? He should be the one walking the ticketing and commercial side of things is a shambles. Whilst I know nothing about the guy he still seems to be stuck in WST mode.

EnglishRed 7th September 2021 20.45:32

[QUOTE=Liverpool Red;2511631]A strange post.

I don’t think anyone is criticising Dan Sear.

They are understandably questioning the commercial running of the club, which by anyone’s independent analysis, has not been good in recent months.[/QUOTE]

Is it not the case though that we've got the same staff, with the same capacity etc as pre-takeover, but the demand for tickets, shirts etc has doubled (and more)

When I went to get my ticket (5 minutes no issues) the staff I dealt with were all volunteers. They were doing the best they could (amd fair play to them for doing it) but are going to struggle at times.

Changing that sort of thing is going to take some time id have thought?

Birdy 7th September 2021 21.14:04

If you had a clean slate and money was no object then you could probably purchase a ticketing system which is fully automated and no human interaction is required. This would need 0 staff and 0 volunteers to run after it's been implemented.

Going forward I would hope that the club's back office systems are binned and a brand new system is put in place which operates from one central database and everything works off of that with as much automated as possible. Alongside that brand new processes and procedures are put into place to make things run alot smoother. This is probably what needs to happen during the course of this season or the next 18-24 months and they are just using ticketmaster's system as a stopgap.

Bad Attitude 7th September 2021 21.20:46

It will all come out in the documentary.
All I know is that I've received emails at some ungodly hours from Dan, so he's been putting the hours in that's for sure.
As for FR, I don't see a CEO from what I've seen so far - maybe an office manager (which would be a start I suppose)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.05:02.