Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th September 2021, 17.40:30   #199-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dan Sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
In my experience, Dan was bloody good at his jo and did above and beyond what was required.
Can't understand how you can be so dismissive of his role.
If she was called Danielle Sear, he wouldn't be.
Old 9th September 2021, 17.57:04   #200-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Thumbs down Re: Dan Sear

Very helpful and always gives his best you don’t find staff like Dan these days,He will be missed
Old 9th September 2021, 17.58:14   #201-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportRoadEnd View Post
I am not dismissive of his role. In my experience he did a great job - although having to call him to come in so tickets could be printed suggests that the system/process was broken somewhere.

But at the end of the day, a 'Head of' is an important job and as others have said, probably one that would involve active hands on decisionmaking on the ticket retailing system etc. That wasn't him.

This is a business now guys. Not a two-bit charity run by a gang of mates. That's good news.
You're right, this is a business. However, upper management should take some responsibility for the ticketing system. Seems to me like Dan was put in an impossible position with very little support from the new regime. I didn't see Fleur and co helping out with the massive transition, a good business does not let this situation happen.

Best of luck Dan, fantastic employee of the club.
Old 9th September 2021, 18.18:22   #202-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrophenia View Post
You're right, this is a business. However, upper management should take some responsibility for the ticketing system. Seems to me like Dan was put in an impossible position with very little support from the new regime. I didn't see Fleur and co helping out with the massive transition, a good business does not let this situation happen.

Best of luck Dan, fantastic employee of the club.
Management don't generally take responsibility for anything.

First rule of management - when things go wrong then look for a scapegoat.
Old 9th September 2021, 18.22:10   #203-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportRoadEnd View Post
I live on Newport Road you bellend, not Newport.
OK then living on Newport Road has addled your brain then
Old 9th September 2021, 18.26:51   #204-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
Management don't generally take responsibility for anything.

First rule of management - when things go wrong then look for a scapegoat.
Indeed. Get that monkey off your back.
Old 9th September 2021, 18.32:07   #205-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
The amount of speculation on this thread is unreal even by RP standards. I confess I gave up reading after about 10 pages so apologies if there has been some proper detail actually published about the guys departure, but from what I can make out, a huge narrative has been decided on without any form of backup other than guesswork.

People do move jobs, it does happen. They leave jobs they love for personal reasons, for money etc, it's really not that unusual.

Best of luck to the lad, he sounds like a lovely bloke and good luck to him. But by the hysteria on here, you'd think we'd just sold Mullin to Chester.
This. God help us if and when Geriant ever moves on.

Nice to see plenty of newbies sticking their beak in as well. Welcome to RP, again....
Old 9th September 2021, 18.40:17   #206-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
As I have told you previously being stuck in Newport has addled your brain !

If you knew anything about how the club / shop etc is run you would know that Dan was a key person who we wewre all able to contact if and when something went wrong . He worked all hours to sort things out and to say he wasnt good enough for the job is a discrace !!!

The title he was given meant nothing to me but trying to link Ticketmaster to our antiquated systems was a bad mistake which I bet was not made by Dan.

In the past we have had many more supporters buying tickets and 10k was not a problem to sort out .
I get the impression that someone quite high up at our club thinks that we were a "hick" club not used to big gates etc which of course is quite the opposite
Trying to impose Burtons systems on us at short notice was clearly a big mistake and its that level that heads should role IMO.
Not wanting to stir the pot, but if everyone was contacting this lad and expecting him to sort out each individual problem then no wonder he left! If RP is anything to go by over the last few weeks any little wrinkle was being treated like the end of the world by some. I was getting annoyed and I didn't have to take their calls/emails.
Old 9th September 2021, 18.44:46   #207-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Not wanting to stir the pot, but if everyone was contacting this lad and expecting him to sort out each individual problem then no wonder he left! If RP is anything to go by over the last few weeks any little wrinkle was being treated like the end of the world by some. I was getting annoyed and I didn't have to take their calls/emails.
He was the “go to” man and under a lot of pressure, which he handled like a real gentleman.

But according to some on here (notably those beaming in from their ivory tower in Newport Road Cardiff) he is just an office worker and expendable.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.06:05.