RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dan Sear (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118216-dan-sear.html)

Old Paddock Man 7th September 2021 17.53:15

Re: Dan Sear

Ive no idea if Dan has been forced out and scapegoated or he's at the stage of his life that he needs to make a career move and its just coincidence that he leaves when the off field performance of the club has nose dived from just about coping to, frankly, shambolic. What I do know is that none of the problems will have been his fault; that he has worked his backside off trying to resolve them and that with him goes a huge amount of knowledge and goodwill. People had called for a full time CEO for ages. Be careful what you wish for. Losing volunteers (appreciate Dan was an employee) who had the clubs interests at heart (and not fat pay cheques and multiple advisors) and had built up years of experience behind the scenes, cannot easily be replaced.

Back of the Kop 7th September 2021 17.54:15

Usual corporate stuff.

FR is under pressure due to the calamities around the gin and new ticketing system.

R&R will have been in touch to see what the script is and she's thrown DS under the bus. Happens in every business. They just want a name to hang it on then move on.

Ultimately she's responsible but she will have someones head on a stick when the difficult questions come. It will be everyone else's fault. Unfortunately seeing this approach more and more

I'm afraid she isn't filling me with confidence so far. Very little comms then a hard working lad apparently takes the blame for a ticketing system that was likely forced on him.

Hope I'm wrong about all of the above but just filling in the blanks as we all do.

Corner Flag 7th September 2021 18.02:20

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2511466]Great shame and a big loss.

The ticketing fiasco has probably claimed it’s first scalp, when the blame must be laid at the CEO’s door. She is responsible for creating policy and ensuring the staff below her are well-briefed and implement sound policies. The ticketing issues may not be fully of our making, but the poor communication is our problem.

Staff have tried their best in very difficult circumstances, hence I find it difficult to understand if it’s true that Dan has been made a scapegoat. Hopefully, he’ll be able to explain his rationale for leaving.[/QUOTE]

Dan is through and through and a great asset to WAFC . It's a shambles if true and it looks to me that those above him need a good shaking. How can we have a CEO who is travelling every day from Burton and be on top of her job
I spoke to Dan last week and it was Tickermaster causing all the issues .
We need to press R and R to promote Dan and keep him at the club. I can think of quite a few others that need to leave before Dan.
Very Very bad and disapoi ting news yet another WAFC diehard leaves when many of the previous failures remain !!!

ruthinred 7th September 2021 18.02:33

Not just F R
What excuse does G S have for not responding to. E mails

It’s been piss poor

Hightown Brymbo Red 7th September 2021 18.02:54

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2511506]Usual corporate stuff.

FR is under pressure due to the calamities around the gin and new ticketing system.

R&R will have been in touch to see what the script is and she's thrown DS under the bus. Happens in every business. They just want a name to hang it on then move on.

Ultimately she's responsible but she will have someones head on a stick when the difficult questions come. It will be everyone else's fault. Unfortunately seeing this approach more and more

I'm afraid she isn't filling me with confidence so far. Very little comms then a hard working lad apparently takes the blame for a ticketing system that was likely forced on him.

Hope I'm wrong about all of the above but just filling in the blanks as we all do.[/QUOTE]

You may be on the right track.

The present ticketing system has been described as shambolic by many Wrexham fans which is on the back of the Gin and Shirt issues..Someone had to pay the price so Wrexham fans have got their way. Trouble is we all know Dan and we like him ( we dont know fleur).
This is business we better get used to it as we are growing into a professional football club again and growing pains can be painful

Royal welsh red 7th September 2021 18.05:14

Or perhaps he just has a new job

pricey 7th September 2021 18.07:01

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2511516]You may be on the right track.

The present ticketing system has been described as shambolic by many Wrexham fans which is on the back of the Gin and Shirt issues..Someone had to pay the price so Wrexham fans have got their way. Trouble is we all know Dan and we like him ( we dont know fleur).
This is business we better get used to it as we are growing into a professional football club again and growing pains can be painful[/QUOTE]

We grow again?

Joking aside, I didn't know the lad but this doesn't sound good. I'm still utterly bewildered as to how I go about buying home tickets or an away shirt, and I don't think Dan Sear can be blamed for that.

Corner Flag 7th September 2021 18.08:21

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2511515]Not just F R
What excuse does G S have for not responding to. E mails

It’s been piss poor[/QUOTE]

Why is it the shop phone never gets answered and just goes to a full voice mail box ? so unprofessional, buck stops at our new CEO who is obviously way out of her depth !!!

Corner Flag 7th September 2021 18.09:38

[QUOTE=Royal welsh red;2511518]Or perhaps he just has a new job[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't!!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.31:50.