Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th September 2021, 17.53:15   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Old Paddock Man's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Real Name: Harry Lime
Twitter: @Alida Valli





Default Re: Dan Sear

Ive no idea if Dan has been forced out and scapegoated or he's at the stage of his life that he needs to make a career move and its just coincidence that he leaves when the off field performance of the club has nose dived from just about coping to, frankly, shambolic. What I do know is that none of the problems will have been his fault; that he has worked his backside off trying to resolve them and that with him goes a huge amount of knowledge and goodwill. People had called for a full time CEO for ages. Be careful what you wish for. Losing volunteers (appreciate Dan was an employee) who had the clubs interests at heart (and not fat pay cheques and multiple advisors) and had built up years of experience behind the scenes, cannot easily be replaced.

Last edited by Old Paddock Man; 7th September 2021 at 17.54:19..
Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 17.54:15   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dan Sear

Usual corporate stuff.

FR is under pressure due to the calamities around the gin and new ticketing system.

R&R will have been in touch to see what the script is and she's thrown DS under the bus. Happens in every business. They just want a name to hang it on then move on.

Ultimately she's responsible but she will have someones head on a stick when the difficult questions come. It will be everyone else's fault. Unfortunately seeing this approach more and more

I'm afraid she isn't filling me with confidence so far. Very little comms then a hard working lad apparently takes the blame for a ticketing system that was likely forced on him.

Hope I'm wrong about all of the above but just filling in the blanks as we all do.
Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 18.02:20   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Corner Flag's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Kirk St Morris
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dan Sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Great shame and a big loss.

The ticketing fiasco has probably claimed itís first scalp, when the blame must be laid at the CEOís door. She is responsible for creating policy and ensuring the staff below her are well-briefed and implement sound policies. The ticketing issues may not be fully of our making, but the poor communication is our problem.

Staff have tried their best in very difficult circumstances, hence I find it difficult to understand if itís true that Dan has been made a scapegoat. Hopefully, heíll be able to explain his rationale for leaving.
Dan is through and through and a great asset to WAFC . It's a shambles if true and it looks to me that those above him need a good shaking. How can we have a CEO who is travelling every day from Burton and be on top of her job
I spoke to Dan last week and it was Tickermaster causing all the issues .
We need to press R and R to promote Dan and keep him at the club. I can think of quite a few others that need to leave before Dan.
Very Very bad and disapoi ting news yet another WAFC diehard leaves when many of the previous failures remain !!!
Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 18.02:33   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dan Sear

Not just F R
What excuse does G S have for not responding to. E mails

It’s been piss poor
__________________
Telling the truth since 2004
Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 18.02:54   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Garry
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dan Sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Usual corporate stuff.

FR is under pressure due to the calamities around the gin and new ticketing system.

R&R will have been in touch to see what the script is and she's thrown DS under the bus. Happens in every business. They just want a name to hang it on then move on.

Ultimately she's responsible but she will have someones head on a stick when the difficult questions come. It will be everyone else's fault. Unfortunately seeing this approach more and more

I'm afraid she isn't filling me with confidence so far. Very little comms then a hard working lad apparently takes the blame for a ticketing system that was likely forced on him.

Hope I'm wrong about all of the above but just filling in the blanks as we all do.
You may be on the right track.

The present ticketing system has been described as shambolic by many Wrexham fans which is on the back of the Gin and Shirt issues..Someone had to pay the price so Wrexham fans have got their way. Trouble is we all know Dan and we like him ( we dont know fleur).
This is business we better get used to it as we are growing into a professional football club again and growing pains can be painful
Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 18.05:14   #33-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Real Name: Me
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dan Sear

Or perhaps he just has a new job
Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 18.07:01   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
pricey's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dan Sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
You may be on the right track.

The present ticketing system has been described as shambolic by many Wrexham fans which is on the back of the Gin and Shirt issues..Someone had to pay the price so Wrexham fans have got their way. Trouble is we all know Dan and we like him ( we dont know fleur).
This is business we better get used to it as we are growing into a professional football club again and growing pains can be painful
We grow again?

Joking aside, I didn't know the lad but this doesn't sound good. I'm still utterly bewildered as to how I go about buying home tickets or an away shirt, and I don't think Dan Sear can be blamed for that.
__________________
"the lads here have always looked up to me" - Dennis Lawrence
Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 18.08:21   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Corner Flag's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Kirk St Morris
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dan Sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
Not just F R
What excuse does G S have for not responding to. E mails

Itís been piss poor
Why is it the shop phone never gets answered and just goes to a full voice mail box ? so unprofessional, buck stops at our new CEO who is obviously way out of her depth !!!
Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 18.09:38   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Corner Flag's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Kirk St Morris
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dan Sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
Or perhaps he just has a new job
No he doesn't!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.08:36.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12