Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th September 2021, 08.32:48   #109-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dan Sear

This is a very sad situation when someone like Dan feels he needs to leave the employment of the club he loves. However elastic will only stretch so far before it breaks and you sometimes have to think of your own health.

The current unprecedented workload will eventually die down but hopefully the people in charge will realise the other issues going on.
Old 8th September 2021, 08.53:12   #110-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

The football club should always be our concern. The new owners won't be here forever, but I want the club to thrive for generations after me. This is a golden opportunity, the hysteria might not even last a year,if results go badly. Do it correct now, off the field and on.
Old 8th September 2021, 09.16:20   #111-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Dan is a gentlman, and his leaving is a great loss to our club. If we profess to be a community club we need the Dans of this world. His links to the club go deep. Good luck Dan. Gutted that you're going. One has to ask "who's next". Very sad and disappointed!
Old 8th September 2021, 09.56:23   #112-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

You’d forget FR is actually with the club, she’s that quiet & the commercial side isn’t improving? Strange to say the least
Old 8th September 2021, 10.02:21   #113-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexhamforever95 View Post
You’d forget FR is actually with the club, she’s that quiet & the commercial side isn’t improving? Strange to say the least
Errrr.... Tiktok, Aviation Gin, Wrexham lager sponsoring the Yale stand, record shirt sales, record season ticket sales and so on...

I appreciate very little of that may be down to her personally but exactly which part of the commercial side would you say isn't improving? Or do you mean the customer interaction aspect?
Old 8th September 2021, 10.04:02   #114-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexhamforever95 View Post
Whilst a lot of the criticism in this thread is valid, to say that the commercial side hasn't improved is way off the mark. Record shirt sales, huge sponsorship deals, wrexham lager stand, brand and welsh government partnerships are all improvements.

I'm also not sure the CEO should be the mouthpiece of the club. How many other CEOs take on that role. I bet hardly anyone on here knows the name of most CEOs even at the highest level of the game.

In my opinion the major issue is staff shortages and ultimately that is the CEOs responsibility.

Last edited by Omni; 8th September 2021 at 10.09:03..
Old 8th September 2021, 10.06:06   #115-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Who, in your opinion, is doing the burying? And why?

The club is still undergoing an administrative review and change as we transition from the WST model to that demanded by R&R and their executive and management team. Change is never easy, especially when it has to be introduced whilst still having to learn about the business and manage it effectively.

The demand for tickets and produce is enormous, and has clearly challenged the club to deliver timely and effectively. Clearly, many of the reasons for the cock-ups are beyond the club’s control, but we fans will inevitably look at how our club is being managed. Those who say it is no longer our concern miss the point. This is not Waitrose or B&Q we are supporting with our time and money; it’s Wrexham AFC. There is no alternative for the regular supporters, but there are Premier League alternatives for those we are trying to pry away from BT Sport, Sky or Old Trafford.

The club needs someone dedicated to creating and maintaining a data-base of fans, and ensuring it is compatible with the ‘ticketmaster’ software. The fact that other clubs have had similar issues suggests the problem is mostly with their software. Certainly the UI is poorly designed and frustrating, whenever folk can actually access it. Why was ticketmaster chosen ahead of other systems? Who was responsible for asking the technical questions? And who signed up to it? We may be over the ST hump, but the match-day purchase of remaining tickets needs resolving ASAP.

Dan Sear may have been responsible for some aspects of the ticketing fiasco, but I cannot believe he is the one accountable for it. Again, it’s a concern we are losing someone most fans trust when the club is clearly operating at ‘maxi-chat’ and with too few staff.

Finally, the recent update from the club is welcome, suggesting someone is finally communicating effectively with the fan-base. That is a welcome, positive and necessary act! Saturday will see a very large crowd at the Racecourse. Let’s hope the staff numbers have been increased behind the various bars because folk will demand good service ahead of a good, winning performance on the pitch. Success cannot be guaranteed, but poor service cannot be tolerated!
Agree with most of this. I don't think the issue is with teh ticketmaster platform. i've used it for Wales football & rugby internationals and never had a problem with it. As you point out, it's likely that our dataset wasn't compatible with it which has meant a lot of manual work to fix it.
Old 8th September 2021, 10.22:02   #116-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Errrr.... Tiktok, Aviation Gin, Wrexham lager sponsoring the Yale stand, record shirt sales, record season ticket sales and so on...
Okay, apart from all that, what else have the Romans ever done for us..
Old 8th September 2021, 10.23:11   #117-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Will be missed.

Last times i was in the shop he was the only engaging one, although there were three others.

I think it's not fair to apportion blame on why he left as he hasn;t put that in the public domain.

From since I first communicated with the club shop over 30 years, it has always been poor at communicating as well as telling the odd porky that a five year old could see through.

Nobody addressed that and so that became the norm as expected business practice, thus it became years out of date. This was actually exacerbated under the WST reign.

So I don't think it's a person to blame but instead the system, likewise someone leaving is a symptom not the cause.

If the club shop phone is not answered that is a symptom also, it either means not enough staff to answer or the worse case, the staff there are too stressed to answer the phone for the fear of what will be asked. (rememebr no-one has gone through this pandemic mentally and emotionally unscathed.)

The system is not fit for practice.

I do hope the club can reach out to Dan and get feedback, perhaps even rehire, that's the best for all concerned.

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 8th September 2021 at 10.24:34..

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.14:31.