RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dan Sear (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118216-dan-sear.html)

TopCornerFergie 7th September 2021 16.46:08

Dan Sear

Just seen on Twitter that Dan is leaving his position at the club. Sorry to see him go as he's been a familiar face doing a good job for a number of years.

Hope he's got something lined up and isn't just leaving because of some of the recent ticketing issues.

[URL="https://twitter.com/dansear7/status/1435280380752502787?s=19"]https://twitter.com/dansear7/status/1435280380752502787?s=19[/URL]

Poethlyn 7th September 2021 16.48:49

Re: Dan Sear

All the best for the future Dan, you will be missed

dixienormous 7th September 2021 16.49:14

Very helpful fella....all the best in future.

TWREX 7th September 2021 16.50:24

If true a big loss to the club.Best wishes Dan, if true?

Hometown Unicorn 7th September 2021 16.51:33

Always found him to be really helpful, top man.

utstred 7th September 2021 16.52:25

such a shame
heard he has been forced out due to treatment by new boss
he won’t be the last
something needs to change
thanks for everything big dan

daiwxm 7th September 2021 16.52:28

Dan was always very helpful and courteous in person and on the phone. Good luck Dan and thanks.

Vorporix 7th September 2021 16.52:45

Hope its for the right reasons - always very helpful and friendly.

Good luck Dan....

andy buckley 7th September 2021 16.54:21

Best of luck for the future, always polite and helpful

Birdy 7th September 2021 16.57:07

[QUOTE=utstred;2511449]such a shame
he won’t be the last
thanks for everything big dan[/QUOTE]

Who's the new boss? Wouldn't his boss be Geoff Scott?

FISHNETS 7th September 2021 17.01:21

Disappointing news, very helpful and courteous under very difficult circumstances recently. I've witnessed some very stressed fans having a difficult time recently with season tickets etc and he has sorted it.

Good luck mate

Pieman 7th September 2021 17.01:42

Credit to the club is Dan. Best of luck in your new role

Iggy Pop 7th September 2021 17.02:18

[QUOTE=Birdy;2511457]Who's the new boss? Wouldn't his boss be Geoff Scott?[/QUOTE]

It's got to be Fleur, surely?

Prodigal Dragon 7th September 2021 17.05:45

Great shame and a big loss.

The ticketing fiasco has probably claimed it’s first scalp, when the blame must be laid at the CEO’s door. She is responsible for creating policy and ensuring the staff below her are well-briefed and implement sound policies. The ticketing issues may not be fully of our making, but the poor communication is our problem.

Staff have tried their best in very difficult circumstances, hence I find it difficult to understand if it’s true that Dan has been made a scapegoat. Hopefully, he’ll be able to explain his rationale for leaving.

NewportRoadEnd 7th September 2021 17.06:10

All the best to the lad - perhaps the beginning of a professionalisation of the off the field operation as well.

Change is good sometimes for both parties. That’s HR bullshit, but it has some truth in it.

gresford red 7th September 2021 17.09:30

All the very best to big Dan, what a huge miss he'll be to the club, a real unsung hero of Wrexham football club. All the best Dan

Foxy 7th September 2021 17.10:03

His Twitter statement is classy. Hope he finds a new path.

dixienormous 7th September 2021 17.14:54

[QUOTE=Iggy Pop;2511461]It's got to be Fleur, surely?[/QUOTE]

Not being funny but early signs about her performamce are pretty shit, if Im honest.

Dafgog 7th September 2021 17.18:55

Dan was always the most courteous person , always willing to go the extra mile. Best wishes for whatever the future holds , you will be a great loss to all Wrexham faithful.

Iggy Pop 7th September 2021 17.19:40

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2511477]Not being funny but early signs about her performamce are pretty shit, if Im honest.[/QUOTE]

Be careful what you say dixie, you'll upset the PC brigade on here.

Who does Fleur answer to? Who's her boss?

Wrexy 7th September 2021 17.21:30

[QUOTE=utstred;2511449]such a shame
he won’t be the last
thanks for everything big dan[/QUOTE]

Fleur?

Not exactly setting the world on fire herself from what I've heard

Birdy 7th September 2021 17.22:24

Whoever decided to use the ticketing system and it's implementation should have gotten the boot.

APJ 7th September 2021 17.26:18

[QUOTE=Birdy;2511488]Whoever decided to use the ticketing system and it's implementation should have gotten the boot.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. Just hope its not because he's had to carry the can on the ticketing shambles and he's got something good lined up. Always gone the extra mile for the club. Good luck Dan.

fezbob 7th September 2021 17.33:18

Felt for people like Dan during the whole season ticket fiasco having to work their backsides off to clean up a mess created by others above them. Has no doubt taken flack for the gin order issues etc as well. Good luck with whatever you do next.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 7th September 2021 17.33:36

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2511487]Fleur?

Not exactly setting the world on fire herself from what I've heard[/QUOTE]

Its been quite obvious hasnt it, really? But people wont say anything because people like Newport head will call you out for being sexist.

stevewxm 7th September 2021 17.35:28

Such a shame, a great asset for the club and a fan also. I really hope that this isn’t the club finding a scapegoat, good luck Dan.

Ex Limassol Red 7th September 2021 17.51:57

What a shame, nice, helpful guy, good luck.

Old Paddock Man 7th September 2021 17.53:15

Ive no idea if Dan has been forced out and scapegoated or he's at the stage of his life that he needs to make a career move and its just coincidence that he leaves when the off field performance of the club has nose dived from just about coping to, frankly, shambolic. What I do know is that none of the problems will have been his fault; that he has worked his backside off trying to resolve them and that with him goes a huge amount of knowledge and goodwill. People had called for a full time CEO for ages. Be careful what you wish for. Losing volunteers (appreciate Dan was an employee) who had the clubs interests at heart (and not fat pay cheques and multiple advisors) and had built up years of experience behind the scenes, cannot easily be replaced.

Back of the Kop 7th September 2021 17.54:15

Usual corporate stuff.

FR is under pressure due to the calamities around the gin and new ticketing system.

R&R will have been in touch to see what the script is and she's thrown DS under the bus. Happens in every business. They just want a name to hang it on then move on.

Ultimately she's responsible but she will have someones head on a stick when the difficult questions come. It will be everyone else's fault. Unfortunately seeing this approach more and more

I'm afraid she isn't filling me with confidence so far. Very little comms then a hard working lad apparently takes the blame for a ticketing system that was likely forced on him.

Hope I'm wrong about all of the above but just filling in the blanks as we all do.

Corner Flag 7th September 2021 18.02:20

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2511466]Great shame and a big loss.

The ticketing fiasco has probably claimed it’s first scalp, when the blame must be laid at the CEO’s door. She is responsible for creating policy and ensuring the staff below her are well-briefed and implement sound policies. The ticketing issues may not be fully of our making, but the poor communication is our problem.

Staff have tried their best in very difficult circumstances, hence I find it difficult to understand if it’s true that Dan has been made a scapegoat. Hopefully, he’ll be able to explain his rationale for leaving.[/QUOTE]

Dan is through and through and a great asset to WAFC . It's a shambles if true and it looks to me that those above him need a good shaking. How can we have a CEO who is travelling every day from Burton and be on top of her job
I spoke to Dan last week and it was Tickermaster causing all the issues .
We need to press R and R to promote Dan and keep him at the club. I can think of quite a few others that need to leave before Dan.
Very Very bad and disapoi ting news yet another WAFC diehard leaves when many of the previous failures remain !!!

ruthinred 7th September 2021 18.02:33

Not just F R
What excuse does G S have for not responding to. E mails

It’s been piss poor

Hightown Brymbo Red 7th September 2021 18.02:54

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2511506]Usual corporate stuff.

FR is under pressure due to the calamities around the gin and new ticketing system.

R&R will have been in touch to see what the script is and she's thrown DS under the bus. Happens in every business. They just want a name to hang it on then move on.

Ultimately she's responsible but she will have someones head on a stick when the difficult questions come. It will be everyone else's fault. Unfortunately seeing this approach more and more

I'm afraid she isn't filling me with confidence so far. Very little comms then a hard working lad apparently takes the blame for a ticketing system that was likely forced on him.

Hope I'm wrong about all of the above but just filling in the blanks as we all do.[/QUOTE]

You may be on the right track.

The present ticketing system has been described as shambolic by many Wrexham fans which is on the back of the Gin and Shirt issues..Someone had to pay the price so Wrexham fans have got their way. Trouble is we all know Dan and we like him ( we dont know fleur).
This is business we better get used to it as we are growing into a professional football club again and growing pains can be painful

Royal welsh red 7th September 2021 18.05:14

Or perhaps he just has a new job

pricey 7th September 2021 18.07:01

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2511516]You may be on the right track.

The present ticketing system has been described as shambolic by many Wrexham fans which is on the back of the Gin and Shirt issues..Someone had to pay the price so Wrexham fans have got their way. Trouble is we all know Dan and we like him ( we dont know fleur).
This is business we better get used to it as we are growing into a professional football club again and growing pains can be painful[/QUOTE]

We grow again?

Joking aside, I didn't know the lad but this doesn't sound good. I'm still utterly bewildered as to how I go about buying home tickets or an away shirt, and I don't think Dan Sear can be blamed for that.

Corner Flag 7th September 2021 18.08:21

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2511515]Not just F R

It’s been piss poor[/QUOTE]

Why is it the shop phone never gets answered and just goes to a full voice mail box ? so unprofessional, buck stops at our new CEO who is obviously way out of her depth !!!

Corner Flag 7th September 2021 18.09:38

[QUOTE=Royal welsh red;2511518]Or perhaps he just has a new job[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't!!

ruthinred 7th September 2021 18.11:04

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2511522]Why is it the shop phone never gets answered and just goes to a full voice mail box ? so unprofessional, buck stops at our new CEO who is obviously way out of her depth !!![/QUOTE]

That would be my assumption also

Different ball game to organising Tea party’s at Burton Albion

Any google reviews would be damming

stevewxm 7th September 2021 18.15:05

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2511515]Not just F R

It’s been piss poor[/QUOTE]

They both seem invisible very little said by either of them, if this ticket crap had of been by the trust they would be getting serious abuse.

DenbighRed 7th September 2021 18.15:16

Only ever been really impressed with my dealings with Dan. He'll be a great asset to wherever he ends up next.

Have to agree, not been impressed with the off field management over the last few weeks. The comms also feel really poor. Cmon Fleur, get a grip of things.

ruthinred 7th September 2021 18.16:08

How many people have met her ?

Ive know more people who have met PHill Parkinson

Conversations/ communications with your customers are what its all about

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.22:11.