RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexrent lower tier open for Woking game (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118217-wrexrent-lower-tier-open-woking-game.html)

FieldtownRed 7th September 2021 19.56:51

Wrexrent lower tier open for Woking game

Seats now available on eticketing site.

You’d be a bit annoyed if you bought a ticket in the top corner of the Yale stand thinking it was going to sell out. If you’d waited a bit you could have bought a ticket right behind the goal instead.

Poor communication from the club on this.

Back of the Kop 7th September 2021 19.59:50

Re: Wrexrent lower tier open for Woking game

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2511607]Seats now available on eticketing site.

You’d be a bit annoyed if you bought a ticket in the top corner of the Yale stand thinking it was going to sell out. If you’d waited a bit you could have bought a ticket right behind the goal instead.

Poor communication from the club on this.[/QUOTE]

It's that bloody Dan Sear again......oh....wait a minute

TopCornerFergie 7th September 2021 20.00:36

Somebody suggested on another thread that they were selling tickets block by block, and that was (rightly) called out as a stupid idea

That does seem to be what's happening

I guess if they're selling tickets they're happy, but it is a poor way of doing it

Percy Sugden 7th September 2021 20.08:04

All the clubs do it. Why open another section of the ground if there’s seats available elsewhere?

WV1 7th September 2021 20.11:12

Appreciate it’s our fault because we were late in buying the tickets,, but we bought single tickets because we couldn’t get enough together. Now we find out they open the lower tier which we could’ve bought the tickets together… :huh2:

Hometown Unicorn 7th September 2021 20.11:25

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2511610]All the clubs do it. Why open another section of the ground if there’s seats available elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

When you've sold all but 100 of your tickets 4 days before the game, common sense tells you to put more on sale right away.

Especially when those tickets are single tickets.

tokyored 7th September 2021 20.12:33

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2511610]All the clubs do it. Why open another section of the ground if there’s seats available elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

It's like backwards world with Percy defending the club this season :)
It does seem people are enjoying having a moan at everything at the moment.

Hometown Unicorn 7th September 2021 20.16:26

[QUOTE=tokyored;2511613]It's like backwards world with Percy defending the club this season :)
It does seem people are enjoying having a moan at everything at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Think WV1's entitled to moan to be honest.

Jose 7th September 2021 20.19:32

Why is it a poor way of doing it?

Just because you don't get to choose your exact seat?

Times are a changing my friend. This is actually a very good idea, as it means they only have to open up and police\steward\cater for the number of blocks they have sold tickets for, rather than having to do that for the whole ground and then have large amounts of resources (money) go to waste because they are not used because that area is so sparsely filled.

dragonspark 7th September 2021 20.32:47

well is there loads of seats left in the lower section

Cenotaff 7th September 2021 20.38:08

Excellent, just got two. It wouldn't let me order for any other stand all week even when requesting just one.

Hopefully being behind the goal for a change, I can fulfill my lifelong dream of heading the ball back on to the pitch/failing and breaking my nose trying to head it.

KingBuxton_Forever red 7th September 2021 20.52:07

Got some. get in

OneLoveWrexham 7th September 2021 20.54:38

Why open a lower tier if it’s not needed? They obviously aren’t going to put extra stewards, kiosk staff etc if there’re plenty of seats available.

Percy Sugden 7th September 2021 20.55:52

[QUOTE=tokyored;2511613]It's like backwards world with Percy defending the club this season :)
It does seem people are enjoying having a moan at everything at the moment.[/QUOTE]

The ticketing hasn’t been great. In any other season I’ve watched Wrexham there has never been Hollywood stars throwing money at the team or 6000 season ticket holders…. It’s a good problem to have.

Back of the Kop 7th September 2021 20.58:29

Is it too simplistic to believe that all home tickets are now sold apart from approx 1,000 in the lower Wrexrent ?

If so we are heading for a home sell out

Hometown Unicorn 7th September 2021 21.00:44

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2511647]Why open a lower tier if it’s not needed? They obviously aren’t going to put extra stewards, kiosk staff etc if there’re plenty of seats available.[/QUOTE]

Do you have me on ignore?

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 7th September 2021 21.03:43

Bring back the WST... Let's have a proper moan..

WXMWELSH85 7th September 2021 21.04:20

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2511647]Why open a lower tier if it’s not needed? They obviously aren’t going to put extra stewards, kiosk staff etc if there’re plenty of seats available.[/QUOTE]

Read on here a few fans have season tickets in there!

OneLoveWrexham 7th September 2021 21.07:11

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2511653]Do you have me on ignore?[/QUOTE]
Yeah ;)

marathonplny 7th September 2021 21.09:19

Great that you can even select your seat

Plenty available , hopefully not by the end of the week

Birdy 7th September 2021 21.21:46

[QUOTE=WV1;2511611]Appreciate it’s our fault because we were late in buying the tickets,, but we bought single tickets because we couldn’t get enough together. Now we find out they open the lower tier which we could’ve bought the tickets together… :huh2:[/QUOTE]

Just swap your tickets at the club shop, should be doable.

Birdy 7th September 2021 21.24:51

The current seat selection should have been how it worked from the start. Please going forward keep it like this, makes it so much easier for people when they can see where they are sitting and they can choose their seats.

moynkeepthefaith 8th September 2021 05.55:08

While this is a valid point there should be a much better system:

If all other areas are basically sold out meaning there are only single tickets available the next area should become available.

yesterday I went on and it said 'No tickets available' If i had really been looking for tickets I would then have concluded sold out and made other arrangements for saturday only to later find out that more were being made available which is stupid and frustrating. Its 2021 for christs sake and at 61 i could write the code to make the system work. Suggesting people who have been separated swap their tickets for me serves only to create more frustration for the buyers and more work for an already busy club shop.

dragonspark 8th September 2021 05.59:56

exactly what is happening moyn, people think it is a sell out and so plan something else,
needs to be more informative

Hometown Unicorn 8th September 2021 06.37:13

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2511657]Yeah ;)[/QUOTE]

Fair enough!

cardiffred 8th September 2021 07.27:42

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2511690]While this is a valid point there should be a much better system:

If all other areas are basically sold out meaning there are only single tickets available the next area should become available.

yesterday I went on and it said 'No tickets available' If i had really been looking for tickets I would then have concluded sold out and made other arrangements for saturday only to later find out that more were being made available which is stupid and frustrating. Its 2021 for christs sake and at 61 i could write the code to make the system work. Suggesting people who have been separated swap their tickets for me serves only to create more frustration for the buyers and more work for an already busy club shop.[/QUOTE]

Yes. This should be easy enough to incorporate into the system.

krux 8th September 2021 08.28:24

I'd much rather sit in the top corner of the yale than low down behind the goal.

t1954 8th September 2021 09.03:21

[QUOTE=krux;2511732]I'd much rather sit in the top corner of the yale than low down behind the goal.[/QUOTE]

Used to stand against the old concrete wall years ago in the late50/60s, was only 4 foot nothing then, great view, especially when our goals went in.

dragonspark 8th September 2021 09.03:40

is the lower tier selling well

krux 8th September 2021 09.08:17

[QUOTE=t1954;2511740]Used to stand against the old concrete wall years ago in the late50/60s, was only 4 foot nothing then, great view, especially when our goals went in.[/QUOTE]

as they long as they went in that end!

t1954 8th September 2021 09.40:24

[QUOTE=krux;2511744]as they long as they went in that end![/QUOTE]

True, couldn't see the other end not tall enough.

Birdy 8th September 2021 09.47:20

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2511693]exactly what is happening moyn, people think it is a sell out and so plan something else,
needs to be more informative[/QUOTE]

I doubt it would be a coding issue, it will simply be someone at the club shop decided to 'turn off' the visibility of the blocks for people to purchase. It will be a setting in the options in the application I would expect.

FieldtownRed 8th September 2021 09.52:06

[QUOTE=Birdy;2511754]I doubt it would be a coding issue, it will simply be someone at the club shop decided to 'turn off' the visibility of the blocks for people to purchase. It will be a setting in the options in the application I would expect.[/QUOTE]

It would help everyone if they simply communicated the ticketing policy (e.g. which blocks become available when), stuck it on a web page on their site and stuck to the policy for all remaining games. With an email address on it to contact if fans have any questions.

Simple really.

Alan Attack 8th September 2021 10.46:18

Knock the stand down and build a new one. Piece of p’ss.

dragonspark 8th September 2021 12.01:43

yes and build it over a weekend, sorted

Alan Attack 8th September 2021 12.55:35

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2511795]yes and build it over a weekend, sorted[/QUOTE]

That’s the sort of ‘can do’ attitude this club needs.

jarko 8th September 2021 13.21:48

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2511772]Knock the stand down and build a new one. Piece of p’ss.[/QUOTE]

Get Nick Knowles and the team on it sorted :)

Sir Crispin Lane 8th September 2021 13.34:01

There’s not much of a footprint for what I still call the border stand to be developed other than moving the new kop stand and pitch further towards crispin lane , or buying land off glyndwr . They are always pleading poverty so there might be some scope in doing that.

Prodigal Dragon 8th September 2021 13.34:18

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2511755]It would help everyone if they simply communicated the ticketing policy (e.g. which blocks become available when), stuck it on a web page on their site and stuck to the policy for all remaining games. With an email address on it to contact if fans have any questions.

Simple really.[/QUOTE]

Exactly so.

Quay Red 8th September 2021 13.52:16

[QUOTE=Sir Crispin Lane;2511808]There’s not much of a footprint for what I still call the border stand to be developed other than moving the new kop stand and pitch further towards crispin lane , or buying land off glyndwr . They are always pleading poverty so there might be some scope in doing that.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to stop the Stand being extended, bridging the access road up to the boundary.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.43:58.