RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Cleworth (and youth under Parkinson) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118220-cleworth-youth-under-parkinson.html)

Lods 8th September 2021 13.02:33

Cleworth (and youth under Parkinson)

I'm glad to see that Parkinson isn't afraid to trust Max Cleworth to play some competitive matches, hopefully this is the start of a shift to getting back that path for our youngsters to be able to play first team games.

I understand a lot of it might be because Brisley's injured and Lennon won't play 90 minutes week in, week out but it's still nice. These sorts of players won't get to the level we want them to not playing competitive men's football.

Prodigal Dragon 8th September 2021 13.36:48

Re: Cleworth (and youth under Parkinson)

Developing our youth players is an essential part of PP’s job. Fair play to Cleworth. He has done a very good job, often out of position through necessity.

Connah's Quay Red 8th September 2021 17.54:49

When we arrived at the hotel in Southend on Friday we was surprised to see the team staying there, in the foyer some players were hanging around and most others had gone for a mooch about.

Max was sat with Phil and his laptop, presumably looking at some videos/analysis.

Great to see how keen he was and I hope he goes far.

blackbrookred 8th September 2021 18.01:51

Very highly rated, Kestes was encouraged by a lot of people including players to play Max last season but he wouldn't.

redavid 9th September 2021 06.29:16

[QUOTE=Lods;2511803]I'm glad to see that Parkinson isn't afraid to trust Max Cleworth to play some competitive matches, hopefully this is the start of a shift to getting back that path for our youngsters to be able to play first team games.

I understand a lot of it might be because Brisley's injured and Lennon won't play 90 minutes week in, week out but it's still nice. These sorts of players won't get to the level we want them to not playing competitive men's football.[/QUOTE]

Now we can afford it I hope they bring back the reserve set up , it will help players like Cleworth and those coming back from injury, and players not in the first eleven to get match fit .

MorrisMarina 9th September 2021 07.12:50

There won’t be a lot of development going on, he’s not interested in the slightest unless you’re in the starting 11.

wxmedwards 9th September 2021 07.37:49

[QUOTE=MorrisMarina;2511995]There won’t be a lot of development going on, he’s not interested in the slightest unless you’re in the starting 11.[/QUOTE]

Can’t really blame a manager on a one year contract who’s job requirement is promotion for focusing on the first team. As we know by now, it’s a nightmare of a league and to my knowledge you don’t see other promotion candidates playing their youth team players. Hopefully we can have a decent FA Trophy run with the youth team and squad players in.

As much as I agree with bringing the youth through it’s got to wait until we get back in the league.

spyderred 9th September 2021 22.12:57

[QUOTE=wxmedwards;2511996]Can’t really blame a manager on a one year contract who’s job requirement is promotion for focusing on the first team. As we know by now, it’s a nightmare of a league and to my knowledge you don’t see other promotion candidates playing their youth team players. Hopefully we can have a decent FA Trophy run with the youth team and squad players in.

As much as I agree with bringing the youth through it’s got to wait until we get back in the league.[/QUOTE]

That’s just not true. I’ve been told that PP has been at every youth match so far and shows a good deal of interest in our young players. Dan Nolan has virtually been running it on his own for the last 3 years with no support whatsoever, he deserves great credit for keeping it going.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.01:54.