Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th September 2021, 16.46:38   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Is there anyone who wont return to the Racecourse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
I wore a mask under the concourse for the Notts County game as I still don't feel comfortable in enclosed areas. I'd say I was in a very tiny minority though.
I must admit, I'm feeling a little anxious myself. I'm double jabbed, but I'm in my late fifties and diabetic. I've not been amongst large gatherings since covid arrived on our shores, but I'm not missing this for the world and if I don't go now, when will I?
Old 9th September 2021, 16.52:36   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

We have to hope that no one who thinks they may have the covid or should be self isolating attends the Racecourse.
I'm going to make my decision week by week.
Old 9th September 2021, 17.12:54   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

It's human nature to be nervous, it our brain's way of protecting us.

I expect to be anxious as I've been like that on the tube, busy restaurants, busy trains, concerts, etc. It was quite like flying the day after 9/11. I expect to be emotionally happy soon afterwards especially if we score a goal.

Absolutely great that you started the conversation.

I too will make a decision each game looking at the current rate and the trend.

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 9th September 2021 at 17.14:35..
Old 9th September 2021, 17.15:18   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Chester hopefully won’t return here!
Old 9th September 2021, 18.05:17   #35-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED71 View Post
Same as a couple of others, I have been quite ill since BHM match. Been so careful over last 18 months to what end? First venture back into normality and bang..

Bit pissed off with the attitude of lots of dickhead fans who don't comprehend social distancing, especially when they've had a shandy. They still think they're in the days where if you all push together, you all get in quicker!!!
No social distancing rules anymore.
Old 9th September 2021, 18.07:19   #36-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
We have to hope that no one who thinks they may have the covid or should be self isolating attends the Racecourse.
I'm going to make my decision week by week.
I think the issue is now that everywhere is open etc people won’t be getting tested. Lots have deleted the NHS track and trace app.

Even if they feel “rough”, they will probably still attend. This is because they’ve not been allowed to, since March last year.
Old 9th September 2021, 18.09:13   #37-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Indeed. Chester’s “fanbase” have confirmed they won’t be attending the racecourse in the foreseeable future…
They have been social distancing at the Deva for years!
Old 9th September 2021, 18.26:12   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
I have made the decision not to attend any raves, night clubs. concerts etc. I will, however, continue to attend the Racecourse where, if we don't start winning very soon, it could go back to the football wasteland we have experienced for the last few years.
Yes I have decided not to attend any raves or nightclubs but will attend footy matches but I am 70yrs old this year
Old 9th September 2021, 19.17:46   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
I wore a mask under the concourse for the Notts County game as I still don't feel comfortable in enclosed areas. I'd say I was in a very tiny minority though.
Very sensible Fezbob , I did likewise. The concourse can get crowded. Having worked on risk issues in health for 40 years, yes I am a little nervous. Life is always a balance of risk and benefit , from crossing the road, smoking, drinking, food choices, Covid19 and now attending events. Yes there may be a few fans who are more risk averse than me, reasonably healthy 60 something. Having worked on risk assessments for another organisation recently- yes social distance rules have gone but organisations have to have a Covid19 risk assessment - remember risks increase with crowds, indoor, with less distance. Outdoors less risk. If you’re concerned yourself then arrive early, spend minimal time on the concourse and wear a mask there. We are all attending for our common purpose of supporting our team our club in this exciting times. Enjoy and as usual be mindful of our fellow fans . COYR
Old 9th September 2021, 19.27:29   #40-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedischunter96 View Post
No social distancing rules anymore.
There shouldn't need to be rules to give people a bit of space. Pre or post Covid. People are just rude.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.13:16.