Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th September 2021, 06.20:01   #55-0 (permalink)
-

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

i remember Preston coming on the kop, a good mob of them and there was some big lands they moved in silently, no one seen them edge their way in, then suddenly it exploded
they were surrounded on three sides with the kiosk behind them, the Wrexham fans trying to get at them were so packed tight the police could not get through, reminded me a bit of the film 300, while punches and kicks rained down on the Preston fans, little kids were raiding stones and rocks from the bank and hurling them in, i remember the preston fans trying to escape and squirting sauce and mustard, when the police finally took control and escorted the Preston fans out not one of them had escaped some form of injury.
That was the 77/78 season
Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 07.42:48   #56-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
petered's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS now.
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXMWELSH85 View Post
Has an Away team ever used to Kop or part of the it - i cant recall in my 33 years watching!
England had half of it when we played them in early 80s. Total carnage ensued.
Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 07.52:52   #57-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Dougie Davies's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS usually
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDGOG View Post
If I remember correctly, your right they were taking a bit of a hiding and the few police there could not break it up, it went on for a while.

I remember the way they got out was over the counter of the kiosk with a couple of them spraying Tomato sauce and mustard from the big bottles used for the Hot dogs over some of the Wrexham lads, a bit surreal at the time.
My mum always tells me the story her new coat got covered in tomato sauce when PNE got trapped in the hot dog stand.
My dad always says how Vale's bikers scared the shit out of him when they decided to go on the kop.
__________________
Feed me till I want no more!
Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 08.04:30   #58-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
NewportRoadEnd's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

Some great memories here - what an interesting read thanks guys
Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 08.29:30   #59-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: A long way to be at WXM
Real Name: John
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
i remember Preston coming on the kop, a good mob of them and there was some big lands they moved in silently, no one seen them edge their way in, then suddenly it exploded
they were surrounded on three sides with the kiosk behind them, the Wrexham fans trying to get at them were so packed tight the police could not get through, reminded me a bit of the film 300, while punches and kicks rained down on the Preston fans, little kids were raiding stones and rocks from the bank and hurling them in, i remember the preston fans trying to escape and squirting sauce and mustard, when the police finally took control and escorted the Preston fans out not one of them had escaped some form of injury.
That was the 77/78 season
Few of us drinking with them at the Jolly Tavern, they were regulars at Wigan Casino and knew Wrexham soulies.

Rough bunch of lads, they did escape but only into the kiosk, only thing i remember was KitKat's being flung onto the Kop Terrace, it was like a siege and seemed to last for quite some time
Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 08.44:11   #60-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
techender's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Definitely not Tech, I was front row Bushfield, kop was wrexham
It was a long time ago!! What made me think they were given the Kop was I remember Wrexham fans on the roof of the old tech end terracing and the sheeting gave away. I think one was quite badly hurt.
__________________
For once I'd just like someone to call me "sir" without saying "your causing a scene"
Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 09.15:25   #61-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
Y Glowr tlawd's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
England had half of it when we played them in early 80s. Total carnage ensued.
They didn't have half of it - watch the highlights back. It was just a case of some of the English hoolies going in there surreptitiously. There were a lot of them though and I agree with you that it was carnage when they revealed themselves. The Welsh fans saw them off and then sang "The Taffies united will never be defeated". Until they realised that the English were there they had previously been more interested in pursuing the ridiculous Wrexham, Cardiff etc rivalries.
Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 09.28:42   #62-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
Y Glowr tlawd's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Glowr tlawd View Post
They didn't have half of it - watch the highlights back. It was just a case of some of the English hoolies going in there surreptitiously. There were a lot of them though and I agree with you that it was carnage when they revealed themselves. The Welsh fans saw them off and then sang "The Taffies united will never be defeated". Until they realised that the English were there they had previously been more interested in pursuing the ridiculous Wrexham, Cardiff etc rivalries.
Here's a decent short highlights video: https://youtu.be/FvoF4ljLkfQ - you can hear the "Taffies united" song right at the start. You can see from the shots of the Kop after the goals who 'had the Kop.'
Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 09.35:21   #63-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Away support back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Crispin Lane View Post
All this talk of the university end being reopened has made me wonder where away fans that wanted to sit years ago were catered for . In my time of watching wxm from the mid 80’s they were always given the whole of that end which was both the terrace and the seating above but before the stand was opened , where did they put away fans that wanted to sit ? The old mold road stand ?
I remember being in the front row of the seats and I think it was about 20 Torquay fans being on the terracing. 1984 ish
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.04:22.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12