RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   National League Records (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118226-national-league-records.html)

rncfc 10th September 2021 09.44:54

Re: National League Records

First things first, try and start winning some matches.

This league is extremely difficult to buy your way out of, just look at how long it took Forest Green.

While you've made some good signings, it's not as if you've signed world beaters who should never be playing in this division, and will be guaranteed to win promotion. Mullin had done nothing until last season, and watching Tozer turn is like watching a cruise liner turning around in a canal.

ozzy red 10th September 2021 22.46:33

[QUOTE=joe;2512379]Just checked and Bristol Rovers averaged 8,402 in 2014/15. That will take some beating.[/QUOTE]

For the fourth time on threads this week:
The Rovers average includes the 47,000 crowd at Wembley.
They averaged 6667 at home that season.
Luton 7387 is record home attendance for National league.... refer my post above.

moynkeepthefaith 11th September 2021 05.52:25

[QUOTE=rncfc;2512534]First things first, try and start winning some matches.

This league is extremely difficult to buy your way out of, just look at how long it took Forest Green.

While you've made some good signings, it's not as if you've signed world beaters who should never be playing in this division, and will be guaranteed to win promotion. Mullin had done nothing until last season, and watching Tozer turn is like watching a cruise liner turning around in a canal.[/QUOTE]

In league 2 terms Mullin was a world beater last season in that he was voted the best player in the division. Tozer looks class. You would have been delighted to sign either and the green eyed monster is obvious. Please remember that we are buying based on a phenomenal fan base as opposed to a lottery win.

redavid 11th September 2021 08.33:48

[QUOTE=rncfc;2512534]First things first, try and start winning some matches.

While you've made some good signings, it's not as if you've signed world beaters who should never be playing in this division, and will be guaranteed to win promotion. Mullin had done nothing until last season, and watching Tozer turn is like watching a cruise liner turning around in a canal.[/QUOTE]

The thing is its not just the players that we have signed , its the professional Structure we have in place now , CEO, Manager /assistant , fitness coach, Medics , Training facilities , All at the top of their game .it makes a big difference.

Birdy 11th September 2021 11.46:59

[QUOTE=redavid;2513002]The thing is its not just the players that we have signed , its the professional Structure we have in place now , CEO, Manager /assistant , fitness coach, Medics , Training facilities , All at the top of their game .it makes a big difference.[/QUOTE]

Just need to sort the off the field areas!

APJ 11th September 2021 12.13:29

There's just one record which we already have, that must not be extended - that's the 14 year one

Iggy Pop 11th September 2021 12.16:08

[QUOTE=APJ;2513152]There's just one record which we already have, that must not be extended - that's the 14 year one[/QUOTE]

Also, the highest points total for 2nd place which will probably never be beaten!

rncfc 15th September 2021 08.31:43

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2512967]In league 2 terms Mullin was a world beater last season in that he was voted the best player in the division. Tozer looks class. You would have been delighted to sign either and the green eyed monster is obvious. Please remember that we are buying based on a phenomenal fan base as opposed to a lottery win.[/QUOTE]

We had Ben Tozer for a number of years, and then didn't renew his contract because he is - at best - an average League Two player.

Don't get me wrong, he will be very good at National League level, but don't be surprised if he gets turned inside out by nippy attackers. Obviously you guys could afford to do it, so no problem, but spending the rumoured £200k on him is just willy waving - there are far better players available for next to nothing.

As for Mullin, the facts back up what I said. He has had one prolific season in a career spanning eight years. Again, I'm sure he'll be very good at this level, but the point again is that throwing huge money at players like this isn't going to be enough to guarantee promotion. They aren't so much better than other players down here that they will win games on their own.

benwilliams 15th September 2021 09.52:52

[QUOTE=rncfc;2515470]We had Ben Tozer for a number of years, and then didn't renew his contract because he is - at best - an average League Two player.

Don't get me wrong, he will be very good at National League level, but don't be surprised if he gets turned inside out by nippy attackers. Obviously you guys could afford to do it, so no problem, but spending the rumoured £200k on him is just willy waving - there are far better players available for next to nothing.

As for Mullin, the facts back up what I said. He has had one prolific season in a career spanning eight years. Again, I'm sure he'll be very good at this level, but the point again is that throwing huge money at players like this isn't going to be enough to guarantee promotion. They aren't so much better than other players down here that they will win games on their own.[/QUOTE]

I think sadly a lot of this is correct. Is it better to have 3 really good players and 8 average ones or 10/11 good ones who work as a team? Early days and no need to panic but last night was a set back no doubt.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.57:01.