Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th September 2021, 17.27:23   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech
Twitter: @

Default Re: Woking Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Yeah he is and I really rate him, but nothing stuck up there today and nothing went right for him today you clown.
Works his bxllxks off for the team and takes the pressure off mullin giving him space to run at their defenders you clown
Old 11th September 2021, 17.27:40   #22-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Thought we got away with one with that incident in our box in the last minute. Looked like a foul by Young but consistent with the ref’s performance, he gave it the other way.
Old 11th September 2021, 17.28:26   #23-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

The pluses for me were Mullin, who ran their defence ragged at times. Tozer was very composed and can actually play some decent attacking balls. Reckord actually stepped up to the plate today as well.

On the downside I agree with whoever said Young was frantic. Lost count of how many times he committed to a challenge but was beaten by his man. Hayden was surprisingly shaky in defence, particularly towards the end. Also think Jones only had himself to blame for the second yellow - very poor for a player of his experience.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th September 2021, 17.28:52   #24-0 (permalink)
joe
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH-94 View Post
Works his bxllxks off for the team and takes the pressure off mullin giving him space to run at their defenders you clown
Yes he normally does that but for me didn’t play well today, got beaten in the air every time. You clown
Old 11th September 2021, 17.28:57   #25-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Mid table at worst, they'll challenge for the play offs. Good team.
Offered very little going forward, and should have done a better job when we went down to ten men. They were a class below notts co for example.

We agree anyway as most mid table sides will be optimistic they will be challeninu for the playoffs
Old 11th September 2021, 17.30:17   #26-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
The pluses for me were Mullin, who ran their defence ragged at times. Tozer was very composed and can actually play some decent attacking balls. Reckord actually stepped up to the plate today as well.

On the downside I agree with whoever said Young was frantic. Lost count of how many times he committed to a challenge but was beaten by his man. Hayden was surprisingly shaky in defence, particularly towards the end. Also think Jones only had himself to blame for the second yellow - very poor for a player of his experience.
Posted via mobile theme
Thought Reckord was excellent today. Normally a big critic of his attacking capabilities but he was a useful outlet down the left wing and linked up with mullin and Hyde well. My MOM
Old 11th September 2021, 17.30:34   #27-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Should have been home and dry after the first-half after fluffing too many chances. Hayden did well to start the play that led to goal, but his positional play and passing were sloppy for much of the game.

Hyde had a difficult task against 3 big defenders but Mullin looks a different class. He doesn’t yet look fully match fit.

Woking were a cynical bunch, egged on by an incompetent ref. But Dave Jones was bloody stupid to pick up that second yellow so quickly.

All-in-all, a good 3 points despite a very difficult second-half. We will need to improve again if we are to get anything at Grimsby. Hope Davies is OK, as he did well today and deserved his goal.

3 points and we move on!
Old 11th September 2021, 17.35:26   #28-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Agree with most of that.

Wonderful goal that started at the back with our best player on the pitch. Thought Reckord had one of his best games today. Should have sealed the win long before Lainton came to the rescue with a wonder save.

Officials were truly shocking for both teams, but still didn't win cock of the day. That goes to Jones, with one of the worst bits of unprofessionalism I've even see from a Wrexham player.
Spot on. Not really been a fan of Reckord but he looked like a good player today.

Really disappointed in David Jones. Fresh on a yellow card and dives in like that. With his experience, he should know far better than that, older legs or not. Stay on your feet. The ref was a bit of a bellend all game thinking he's Michael Oliver but he had little option but to send Jones off. I don't think Parkinson was happy as he pretty much blanked him from my view as he walked off past him.

Overall, I think we were slightly the better side and on another day, Woking could have got a point. We also could have killed them off a few times so swings and roundabouts.
Old 11th September 2021, 17.35:46   #29-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

That ref (Paul Marsden) put in one of the most catastrophic refereeing performances I can remember. Slow to react to just about everything unlike most of the lads in Red out there today.

Really impressed with Luke Young today. Gets pelters usually but always put himself about as did James Jones. He’s a top quality footballer.

What in the almighty f*** was that from Dave Jones though? Completely lost it with him when he got sent off. Just fortunate he didn’t cost us the game.

Young, Hayden, Tozer and Jones were the best out there for me. Mullin did well with what he had to work with which wasn’t really an awful lot. Hyde mostly anonymous, Lennon did well after a rocky first 10-20 minutes I thought.
Old 11th September 2021, 17.38:13   #30-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

I thought all the defence looked solid against tricky forwards. Hayden did well considering he kept on getting clatted into and the ref was doing nothing about it.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.27:13.