RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking Verdict (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118250-woking-verdict.html)

Cenotaff 11th September 2021 17.35:26

Re: Woking Verdict

[QUOTE=sparky;2513387]Agree with most of that.

Wonderful goal that started at the back with our best player on the pitch. Thought Reckord had one of his best games today. Should have sealed the win long before Lainton came to the rescue with a wonder save.

Officials were truly shocking for both teams, but still didn't win cock of the day. That goes to Jones, with one of the worst bits of unprofessionalism I've even see from a Wrexham player.[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Not really been a fan of Reckord but he looked like a good player today.

Really disappointed in David Jones. Fresh on a yellow card and dives in like that. With his experience, he should know far better than that, older legs or not. Stay on your feet. The ref was a bit of a bellend all game thinking he's Michael Oliver but he had little option but to send Jones off. I don't think Parkinson was happy as he pretty much blanked him from my view as he walked off past him.

Overall, I think we were slightly the better side and on another day, Woking could have got a point. We also could have killed them off a few times so swings and roundabouts.

BorderRed 11th September 2021 17.35:46

That ref (Paul Marsden) put in one of the most catastrophic refereeing performances I can remember. Slow to react to just about everything unlike most of the lads in Red out there today.

Really impressed with Luke Young today. Gets pelters usually but always put himself about as did James Jones. He’s a top quality footballer.

What in the almighty f*** was that from Dave Jones though? Completely lost it with him when he got sent off. Just fortunate he didn’t cost us the game.

Young, Hayden, Tozer and Jones were the best out there for me. Mullin did well with what he had to work with which wasn’t really an awful lot. Hyde mostly anonymous, Lennon did well after a rocky first 10-20 minutes I thought.

Silvo 11th September 2021 17.38:13

I thought all the defence looked solid against tricky forwards. Hayden did well considering he kept on getting clatted into and the ref was doing nothing about it.

Percy Sugden 11th September 2021 17.38:15

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2513400]Luke Young had a decent game today. He was solid in front of the back three.[/QUOTE]

Young gave the ball away far too often. Not able to play at the same speed as some of those around him.

JH-94 11th September 2021 17.39:22

[QUOTE=BorderRed;2513429]That ref (Paul Marsden) put in one of the most catastrophic refereeing performances I can remember. Slow to react to just about everything unlike most of the lads in Red out there today.

Really impressed with Luke Young today. Gets pelters usually but always put himself about as did James Jones. He’s a top quality footballer.

What in the almighty f*** was that from Dave Jones though? Completely lost it with him when he got sent off. Just fortunate he didn’t cost us the game.

Young, Hayden, Tozer and Jones were the best out there for me. Mullin did well with what he had to work with which wasn’t really an awful lot. Hyde mostly anonymous, Lennon did well after a rocky first 10-20 minutes I thought.[/QUOTE]

You have to question sometimes if our fans have eyes? Hyde worked his bollocks off for the team and if you can’t see that you have to question if you understand football at all

Funny_Old_Game 11th September 2021 17.39:29

Mullin is a sensational footballer. Hardly news I know. He's the best player I've seen us have in many years.

Luke Young is a nightmare, he's got to calm down and relax when he's on the ball.

Dave Jones was simply moronic, he had all game from the bench to see how this ref was then comes on and gives him a chance to send him off like that. Scarcely believable.

krux 11th September 2021 17.39:29

[QUOTE=JH-94;2513422]Thought Reckord was excellent today. Normally a big critic of his attacking capabilities but he was a useful outlet down the left wing and linked up with mullin and Hyde well. My MOM[/QUOTE]

Yeah, reckford did well today as did French. I think French is making it difficult for rhj

Birdy 11th September 2021 17.43:42

Was loving some of our chances created 1st half. We just need to improve the final ball and we will be out of sight by half time.

That move in the first half where we did sublime 1 touch passing and Reckord crossed it and we had 3 players running in unmarked. James Jones got on the end of it and took a touch just taking it too wide and won a corner. That type of football hasn't been seen for over 10 years at the Racecourse!

Could and should have created more 2nd half but when down to 10 men we still could have sealed it at the end before the stonewall penalty was not given.

JH-94 11th September 2021 17.44:05

[QUOTE=krux;2513438]Yeah, reckford did well today as did French. I think French is making it difficult for rhj[/QUOTE]

French is an excellent footballer. He’s really growing into this team and I think RHJ will struggle to get his place back if he continues

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.15:11.