RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking Verdict (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118250-woking-verdict.html)

Sean Reckless 11th September 2021 19.08:35

Re: Woking Verdict

Selected thoughts
Hayden- great play for the goal, not as composed as other games I've seen him before.
Davies - poor in possession.
Lainton - great save at end
Mullin - class. Going to break his ankle the way the pitch gives way when he turns so sharply.
Game management terrible near the end.
3 points, job done

fezbob 11th September 2021 19.30:01

It’s quite clear that Lainton’s not hugely comfortable at playing it out from the back and it put us under pressure at times. That said I don’t really expect a National League keeper to be doing that. The save at the end is the reason he’s our number one - not so he can be a sweeper.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Connahs_Quay_Red 11th September 2021 19.32:26

[QUOTE=fezbob;2513557]It’s quite clear that Lainton’s not hugely comfortable at playing it out from the back and it put us under pressure at times. That said I don’t really expect a National League keeper to be doing that. The save at the end is the reason he’s our number one - not so he can be a sweeper.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This, 100%. We will have a look at a footballing goalkeeper when we are in the Championship

138+NotOut 11th September 2021 19.35:42

Few brain farts

No game is easy in this league. These are the gritty wins that win you leagues. We'll only get stronger

hollywoodreds 11th September 2021 19.38:42

Verdict - we need to play another centre midfielder who can run the game, simple.

Redpensioner 11th September 2021 19.38:48

I thought Woking were a horrible team. They were just happy to slow the game down, stop-start, con the ref with free kicks, played a high line with the offside trap which I thought we would of worked a way to break it as there was so much space to play into.

As for us, I think Parkinson has built a class team and things are only getting better, this is a fans forum and fans are going to pick the bone out of things but I'm more than happy with how we have started the season.

hollywoodreds 11th September 2021 19.40:58

[QUOTE=joe;2513410]Yeah he is and I really rate him, but nothing stuck up there today and nothing went right for him today you clown.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong here, his off the ball work and overall work rate is unreal. PP and SP saw this by giving him a huge hug at the end

hollywoodreds 11th September 2021 19.42:01

[QUOTE=marinman;2513520]Agree with all this.[/QUOTE]

Hayden is absolutely quality, this is completely crazy

JonesRed 11th September 2021 19.56:08

[QUOTE=hollywoodreds;2513570]Hayden is absolutely quality, this is completely crazy[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it pal, RP is in meltdown about Hayden.

He was a class act today just like he has been all season,

Put his head where it hurts, body too and he looked so composed on the ball, driving up the pitch, something we haven’t seen in years!

And the way he set up the goal, unreal, what a monster at the back.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.07:22.