Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th September 2021, 09.52:54   #1-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Next 3 Games

Well, its looking like the next 3 games will give us a true indication of how we are bedding in as a team, what we feel our chances should be and also a look at our rivals.

Grimsby away is going to be a very tough game. They are also unbeaten, played a game less and ahead on points.
I have concerns about what our midfield will look like tomorrow night. If we can be competitive in the middle i feel we will stand every chance of getting something out of it. A draw wouldn't be a disaster in this game and probably would be seen as a good result.
Though Grimsby seem to be scoring for fun, they also seem to be shipping goals so this could be a classic goal fest. Or 0-0.

Dagenham at home looks a potential banana skin. We struggled to put our authority against Woking who admittedly probably thugged us out of our regular gameplan.
I feel Dagenham will allow us to play more football and this could be an entertaining game. They are early pacesetters but that win at Stockport aside, i don't get the feeling they have set the world alight yet.
We need to be winning our home games and this is no different.

Then away at Stockport, our original biggest threats for the title. They have started poorly but that means nothing in this league. A big and hostile crowd expected, it will be interesting to see how this affects the players for both teams. If we start well, will their fans get on their players backs and crumble? if they start well, will we be up against it?
poor start aside, they are a strong team. They may be a bit toothless at the moment up front but they still have dangerous players in Madden, Reid and Rooney. Again a draw would be a good result here, but we could possibly get that much desired win.

Overall, out of these three tough games if we can come out of them with 5 or 6 points i think i would take that.
Old 13th September 2021, 09.56:16   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Next 3 Games

Despite being light in midfield I fancy us to win at Grimsby especially if Pearson plays and we can exploit his lack of mobility.

D&R is a toughie, as is Stockport. I'd take a draw in each.

Coming out of this run with our unbeaten record intact will be an achievement.
Old 13th September 2021, 09.59:07   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Pearson and Waterfall at the back - I would definitely be playing McAlinden behind Mullin and Hyde for this one.
Old 13th September 2021, 09.59:40   #4-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Honestly i'd be happy with 4 points. We're probably due a loss, and with a depleted midfield I can see Grimsby winning tomorrow

We have to beat Dags at home before a very tough game at Stockport where I think a draw would be a good result.
Old 13th September 2021, 10.01:50   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

I feel like these are the games where the lack of real quality in midfield will show. Possibly without Davies too. The squad is more than capable at the back & upfront.. but see us really struggling these 3 games.
Old 13th September 2021, 10.05:19   #6-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

My original, conservative thoughts were draws against Grimsby and D&R, and a defeat at Stockport. Hopefully, we’ll do better than that, but all 3 games will be difficult. There are, after all, no easy games in this league, but some are easier than others.

Again, it’s going to hinge on how our midfield copes. With one certain change for Tuesday, and Davies trying to shake off his strain, we will see some new faces at Grimsby. Probably McAlinden for Davies, and with either Jarvis or Redmond on the bench, unless PP does something radical and play Tozer, French or Cleworth as the holding midfielder.

Main thing is to go to Grimsby looking for a win, and use that and the deserved Woking victory to launch a winning run. Fingers crossed!
Old 13th September 2021, 10.05:38   #7-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

All 3 teams will have top 6 ambitions so these 3 are the real acid test.

Be delighted with 5-6 points
Old 13th September 2021, 10.10:32   #8-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Cant see Davies and Lennon (defo not starting) playing
So id imagine it will be

Lainton
French - Hayden - Tozer - Cleworth - Rekord
Young
Macaliden - Redmond
Mullin - Hyde

Dibble Lennon Jarvis Green Angus
Old 13th September 2021, 10.12:51   #9-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Paddock
Twitter: @shimosays

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXMWELSH85 View Post
Cant see Davies and Lennon (defo not starting) playing
So id imagine it will be

Lainton
French - Hayden - Tozer - Cleworth - Rekord
Young
Macaliden - Redmond
Mullin - Hyde

Dibble Lennon Jarvis Green Angus
James Jones?
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.40:06.