RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking Verdict (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118250-woking-verdict.html)

Colonel D 11th September 2021 17.00:39

Woking Verdict

A tough game and Woking are everything this tough division is all about.
Our former league 1 players would be left in no doubt.
Defence was good and pleased with Lennon today.
Our strikers had to feed on scraps.

Lods 11th September 2021 17.02:59

Re: Woking Verdict

The red card made it difficult for us, but the defence was worth whatever we paid for them today.

Game where the referee wanted to be the star of the show, 1-0 is a good result - Woking certainly didn't look like a bad side.

Foxy 11th September 2021 17.04:59

Thought we played really well first half and created a lot of chances. The game changed when Davies went off and Young left his position after Jones came on. The latter was dire and his lack of mobility earned him two bookings.

Liverpool Red 11th September 2021 17.06:26

I thought we played quite well against a Woking team that parked the bus and were set up not to lose.

The referee lost control of the game in the last 20 minutes with some shocking decisions (for both teams).

McAlinden should have sealed the win when clean through. He looks like a headless chicken.

joe 11th September 2021 17.07:29

We’re lucky to have Mullin. Didn’t get much infront of goal today but how good is he.

Tozer is a Rolls Royce. This level will be so easy for him.

Felt sorry for Hyde, he looked very frustrated. Had a stinker really.

McAlinden plays as if he’s drunk.

markh 11th September 2021 17.08:18

Good match overall. Woking look a fairly decent outfit and was always going to be tough. There's plenty of improvement to be made in Wrexham if we're to be champions but to be fair I think there's plenty there to improve.

sparky 11th September 2021 17.08:53

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2513374]A tough game and Woking are everything this tough division is all about.
Our former league 1 players would be left in no doubt.
Defence was good and pleased with Lennon today.
Our strikers had to feed on scraps.[/QUOTE]

Agree with most of that.

Wonderful goal that started at the back with our best player on the pitch. Thought Reckord had one of his best games today. Should have sealed the win long before Lainton came to the rescue with a wonder save.

Officials were truly shocking for both teams, but still didn't win cock of the day. That goes to Jones, with one of the worst bits of unprofessionalism I've even see from a Wrexham player.

WXMWELSH85 11th September 2021 17.10:04

Poor match - win as win move on but serious questions about Luke Young for me not a captain give it to Tozer and let worry him about his own game!'

jarko 11th September 2021 17.10:23

Brilliant save from Rob Lainton at the end, that was a tough game to get through we have to take our chances when we get them or we will get caught out sooner or later.

OneLoveWrexham 11th September 2021 17.12:12

Enjoyed the game and nice to be back in my normal seat, it was a million times better than Keates ball. Mullin is a fantastic footballer and always looks dangerous, Tozer and Lennon looked alright but Hayden was very sloppy and clumsy especially when Woking brought the big lad on. Midfield still an issue, When Jones came on the game settled down due to his calmness and making the right pass, Luke Young is just frantic.

And I 100% blame Lainton for Jones getting sent off, for some reason he now thinks he’s Franz Beckenbauer

JonoWafc 11th September 2021 17.14:23

Hayden, French and Tozer on another level today

It’s a tough old league this, great result today against a good team

Foxy 11th September 2021 17.15:07

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2513393]Enjoyed the game and nice to be back in my normal seat, it was a million times better than Keates ball. Mullin is a fantastic footballer and always looks dangerous, Tozer and Lennon looked alright but Hayden was very sloppy and clumsy especially when Woking brought the big lad on. Midfield still an issue, When Jones came on the game settled down due to his calmness and making the right pass, Luke Young is just frantic.

And I 100% blame Lainton for Jones getting sent off, for some reason he now thinks he’s Franz Beckenbauer[/QUOTE]

Young frantic and Jones calm, making the right pass and settling the game down ? Don’t think I have disagreed with a footballing view more.

cardiffred 11th September 2021 17.19:00

[QUOTE=WXMWELSH85;2513389]Poor match - win as win move on but serious questions about Luke Young for me not a captain give it to Tozer and let worry him about his own game!'[/QUOTE]

Luke Young had a decent game today. He was solid in front of the back three.

krux 11th September 2021 17.21:02

Decent result against a mid table team. Mullin was motm for me, but davies played well and showed a lot of composure for the finish. Lennon I quite liked too, comfortable on the ball.

Jones seems past it, as soon as he lost the ball he had no chance at getting back to cover so fouled.

OneLoveWrexham 11th September 2021 17.22:04

[QUOTE=Foxy;2513397]Young frantic and Jones calm, making the right pass and settling the game down ? Don’t think I have disagreed with a footballing view more.[/QUOTE]
Disagree away, it’s all opinions. He was daft getting sent off granted but Luke Young cannot play that holding midfield role.

Hometown Unicorn 11th September 2021 17.22:20

[QUOTE=krux;2513403]Decent result against a mid table team. Mullin was motm for me, but davies played well and showed a lot of composure for the finish. Lennon I quite liked too, comfortable on the ball.

Jones seems past it, as soon as he lost the ball he had no chance at getting back to cover so fouled.[/QUOTE]

Mid table at worst, they'll challenge for the play offs. Good team.

JH-94 11th September 2021 17.22:39

[QUOTE=joe;2513385]We’re lucky to have Mullin. Didn’t get much infront of goal today but how good is he.

Tozer is a Rolls Royce. This level will be so easy for him.

Felt sorry for Hyde, he looked very frustrated. Had a stinker really.

McAlinden plays as if he’s drunk.[/QUOTE]

Had a stinker Hahahaa he is one of our best players you clown

jimmy1989 11th September 2021 17.23:32

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2513396]Hayden, French and Tozer on another level today

It’s a tough old league this, great result today against a good team[/QUOTE]

I thought hayden was a bit poor today, got caught the wrong side a few times, he's obviously a quality player though.

It was a good game and especially first half we played some decent stuff. Plenty of positives but still a few work in progress negatives. Mullin is just different class too, everything he does is quality.

I believe we will go again Tuesday
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

joe 11th September 2021 17.24:37

[QUOTE=JH-94;2513407]Had a stinker Hahahaa he is one of our best players you clown[/QUOTE]

Yeah he is and I really rate him, but nothing stuck up there today and nothing went right for him today you clown.

welshian 11th September 2021 17.26:22

so davies injured and jones suspended for next game (?), who plays in midfield??

JH-94 11th September 2021 17.27:23

[QUOTE=joe;2513410]Yeah he is and I really rate him, but nothing stuck up there today and nothing went right for him today you clown.[/QUOTE]

Works his bxllxks off for the team and takes the pressure off mullin giving him space to run at their defenders you clown

Alan Attack 11th September 2021 17.27:40

Thought we got away with one with that incident in our box in the last minute. Looked like a foul by Young but consistent with the ref’s performance, he gave it the other way.

fezbob 11th September 2021 17.28:26

The pluses for me were Mullin, who ran their defence ragged at times. Tozer was very composed and can actually play some decent attacking balls. Reckord actually stepped up to the plate today as well.

On the downside I agree with whoever said Young was frantic. Lost count of how many times he committed to a challenge but was beaten by his man. Hayden was surprisingly shaky in defence, particularly towards the end. Also think Jones only had himself to blame for the second yellow - very poor for a player of his experience.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

joe 11th September 2021 17.28:52

[QUOTE=JH-94;2513415]Works his bxllxks off for the team and takes the pressure off mullin giving him space to run at their defenders you clown[/QUOTE]

Yes he normally does that but for me didn’t play well today, got beaten in the air every time. You clown

krux 11th September 2021 17.28:57

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2513406]Mid table at worst, they'll challenge for the play offs. Good team.[/QUOTE]

Offered very little going forward, and should have done a better job when we went down to ten men. They were a class below notts co for example.

We agree anyway as most mid table sides will be optimistic they will be challeninu for the playoffs

JH-94 11th September 2021 17.30:17

[QUOTE=fezbob;2513418]The pluses for me were Mullin, who ran their defence ragged at times. Tozer was very composed and can actually play some decent attacking balls. Reckord actually stepped up to the plate today as well.

On the downside I agree with whoever said Young was frantic. Lost count of how many times he committed to a challenge but was beaten by his man. Hayden was surprisingly shaky in defence, particularly towards the end. Also think Jones only had himself to blame for the second yellow - very poor for a player of his experience.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Thought Reckord was excellent today. Normally a big critic of his attacking capabilities but he was a useful outlet down the left wing and linked up with mullin and Hyde well. My MOM

Prodigal Dragon 11th September 2021 17.30:34

Should have been home and dry after the first-half after fluffing too many chances. Hayden did well to start the play that led to goal, but his positional play and passing were sloppy for much of the game.

Hyde had a difficult task against 3 big defenders but Mullin looks a different class. He doesn’t yet look fully match fit.

Woking were a cynical bunch, egged on by an incompetent ref. But Dave Jones was bloody stupid to pick up that second yellow so quickly.

All-in-all, a good 3 points despite a very difficult second-half. We will need to improve again if we are to get anything at Grimsby. Hope Davies is OK, as he did well today and deserved his goal.

3 points and we move on!

Cenotaff 11th September 2021 17.35:26

[QUOTE=sparky;2513387]Agree with most of that.

Wonderful goal that started at the back with our best player on the pitch. Thought Reckord had one of his best games today. Should have sealed the win long before Lainton came to the rescue with a wonder save.

Officials were truly shocking for both teams, but still didn't win cock of the day. That goes to Jones, with one of the worst bits of unprofessionalism I've even see from a Wrexham player.[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Not really been a fan of Reckord but he looked like a good player today.

Really disappointed in David Jones. Fresh on a yellow card and dives in like that. With his experience, he should know far better than that, older legs or not. Stay on your feet. The ref was a bit of a bellend all game thinking he's Michael Oliver but he had little option but to send Jones off. I don't think Parkinson was happy as he pretty much blanked him from my view as he walked off past him.

Overall, I think we were slightly the better side and on another day, Woking could have got a point. We also could have killed them off a few times so swings and roundabouts.

BorderRed 11th September 2021 17.35:46

That ref (Paul Marsden) put in one of the most catastrophic refereeing performances I can remember. Slow to react to just about everything unlike most of the lads in Red out there today.

Really impressed with Luke Young today. Gets pelters usually but always put himself about as did James Jones. He’s a top quality footballer.

What in the almighty f*** was that from Dave Jones though? Completely lost it with him when he got sent off. Just fortunate he didn’t cost us the game.

Young, Hayden, Tozer and Jones were the best out there for me. Mullin did well with what he had to work with which wasn’t really an awful lot. Hyde mostly anonymous, Lennon did well after a rocky first 10-20 minutes I thought.

Silvo 11th September 2021 17.38:13

I thought all the defence looked solid against tricky forwards. Hayden did well considering he kept on getting clatted into and the ref was doing nothing about it.

Percy Sugden 11th September 2021 17.38:15

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2513400]Luke Young had a decent game today. He was solid in front of the back three.[/QUOTE]

Young gave the ball away far too often. Not able to play at the same speed as some of those around him.

JH-94 11th September 2021 17.39:22

[QUOTE=BorderRed;2513429]That ref (Paul Marsden) put in one of the most catastrophic refereeing performances I can remember. Slow to react to just about everything unlike most of the lads in Red out there today.

Really impressed with Luke Young today. Gets pelters usually but always put himself about as did James Jones. He’s a top quality footballer.

What in the almighty f*** was that from Dave Jones though? Completely lost it with him when he got sent off. Just fortunate he didn’t cost us the game.

Young, Hayden, Tozer and Jones were the best out there for me. Mullin did well with what he had to work with which wasn’t really an awful lot. Hyde mostly anonymous, Lennon did well after a rocky first 10-20 minutes I thought.[/QUOTE]

You have to question sometimes if our fans have eyes? Hyde worked his bollocks off for the team and if you can’t see that you have to question if you understand football at all

Funny_Old_Game 11th September 2021 17.39:29

Mullin is a sensational footballer. Hardly news I know. He's the best player I've seen us have in many years.

Luke Young is a nightmare, he's got to calm down and relax when he's on the ball.

Dave Jones was simply moronic, he had all game from the bench to see how this ref was then comes on and gives him a chance to send him off like that. Scarcely believable.

krux 11th September 2021 17.39:29

[QUOTE=JH-94;2513422]Thought Reckord was excellent today. Normally a big critic of his attacking capabilities but he was a useful outlet down the left wing and linked up with mullin and Hyde well. My MOM[/QUOTE]

Yeah, reckford did well today as did French. I think French is making it difficult for rhj

Birdy 11th September 2021 17.43:42

Was loving some of our chances created 1st half. We just need to improve the final ball and we will be out of sight by half time.

That move in the first half where we did sublime 1 touch passing and Reckord crossed it and we had 3 players running in unmarked. James Jones got on the end of it and took a touch just taking it too wide and won a corner. That type of football hasn't been seen for over 10 years at the Racecourse!

Could and should have created more 2nd half but when down to 10 men we still could have sealed it at the end before the stonewall penalty was not given.

JH-94 11th September 2021 17.44:05

[QUOTE=krux;2513438]Yeah, reckford did well today as did French. I think French is making it difficult for rhj[/QUOTE]

French is an excellent footballer. He’s really growing into this team and I think RHJ will struggle to get his place back if he continues

Gabriel151211 11th September 2021 17.44:07

Luke Young isn't a holding midfielder! Got caught in possession twice because he wasn't sure what to do with the ball. Stepped into tackles far to quickly and was beaten easily. D Jones's yellow came about because Young had loads of time on the ball from a Tozer throw, but couldn't clear the first man and they broke quickly.
Bang average midfielder.

JonoWafc 11th September 2021 17.44:12

[QUOTE=JH-94;2513436]You have to question sometimes if our fans have eyes? Hyde worked his bollocks off for the team and if you can’t see that you have to question if you understand football at all[/QUOTE]

It’s just an opinion mate, no need to take it so personally. Some people see the game differently and no one is ‘wrong’ most of eh time

Birdy 11th September 2021 17.45:29

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2513435]Young gave the ball away far too often. Not able to play at the same speed as some of those around him.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this Young is a liability, was his mistake when he gave the ball away and Jones had to foul to get his 1st yellow card. All Young had to do was play in James Jones who had made a great run but no he wanted to take 3 or 4 touches and faff about with it.

BorderRed 11th September 2021 17.47:57

[QUOTE=JH-94;2513436]You have to question sometimes if our fans have eyes? Hyde worked his bollocks off for the team and if you can’t see that you have to question if you understand football at all[/QUOTE]
I respect your opinion mate and I do think Hyde is a bloody quality player. Worked his bollocks off yes but to me didn’t look his usual best with holding up the ball etc.

Suppose it was a tough game for him with those who he was up against. Diarra looked a monster out there, towered over Hayden which says something

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.22:03.