RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Mid Field (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118251-mid-field.html)

Holtdragons 11th September 2021 17.05:54

Mid Field

We all know this is still a problem area before the transfer window closed but what will it look like on Tuesday after the sending off today and Jordan Davies injury

Foxy 11th September 2021 17.07:26

Re: Mid Field

Young back at the base and Dan Jarvis instead of Davies ? I don’t think I want to see David Jones again.

benwilliams 11th September 2021 17.09:10

Redmond worth a go as a wild card?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

sparky 11th September 2021 17.10:43

[QUOTE=Foxy;2513384] I don’t think I want to see David Jones again.[/QUOTE]

Nor me. I'm quite disgusted with what I saw from David Jones today.

Old Stager 11th September 2021 17.12:43

Agreed, I was surprised how such " an experienced player" ( i.e. Jones ) seemed to have so much difficulty on getting the measure of the pace that the game was being played at. His reactions and resulting fouls demonstrated this - he was becoming a liability before the second yellow.

Liverpool Red 11th September 2021 17.15:45

[QUOTE=Old Stager;2513395]Agreed, I was surprised how such " an experienced player" ( i.e. Jones ) seemed to have so much difficulty on getting the measure of the pace that the game was being played at. His reactions and resulting fouls demonstrated this - he was becoming a liability before the second yellow.[/QUOTE]

A little harsh. The first challenge he had to foul the lad to stop the Woking break. He took one for the team. The second challenge he was to blame for though, he should have stayed on his feet.

simon4012 11th September 2021 17.17:07

McAlinden was like tollet on acid. Looked like he'd never played football before.

Colonel D 11th September 2021 17.28:04

If Jordan Davies is not fit for Tuesday we may have to move one of our defenders into midfield or maybe Dan Jarvis in.
Grimsby will be a tough match as they are right on their game.

davewilli 11th September 2021 17.29:04

[QUOTE=Liverpool Red;2513398]A little harsh. The first challenge he had to foul the lad to stop the Woking break. He took one for the team. The second challenge he was to blame for though, he should have stayed on his feet.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. Had to take one for the team for the first one and should have avoided the second challenge. In his defence, panic had set in behind him, with Lainton causing the problem for dwelling on the ball then playing the wrong ball to Lennon (I think) allowing Woking to press and force the errors.

We now have some quality players playing below their normal level, but they need to wise up quick, because the likes of Woking will not give them any respect or time they maybe used to.

That said the back 3 looked a bit more assured today and looked a balanced unit and Lainton secured the points at the death.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.35:31.