Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th September 2021, 10.02:20   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END
Real Name: GRAHAM
Twitter: @





Default Re: Next Generation of Fans

I think it may be a year or two before some of the problems mentioned on this thread are even addressed let alone solved. Firstly the best place for taking young kids is definitely not the WrexRent Stand . That is where most of the drunken, unsocial louts go and they are never going to change. Just an unsavoury part of society. Secondly the structure of the stands is not good for young kids who at a young age are naturally more interested in the hot dog than the football. Having food available next to booze does not work. In the States stadiums have food outlets high up at the back of the stand and coke is more important than beer . We simply cannot do that overnight . Maybe the Kop stand if and when built, will be able to give us some better family experiences.
And as for standing you either live with that and follow suit.. No good for young kids so for this year when no other seated options are left probably better to take the kids to KFC?

Last edited by fluffysheepsupporter; 12th September 2021 at 10.04:04..
Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 10.09:19   #47-0 (permalink)
Binned
 
MichaelP's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Real Name: Michael
Twitter: @None





Default Re: Next Generation of Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
I think it may be a year or two before some of the problems mentioned on this thread are even addressed let alone solved. Firstly the best place for taking young kids is definitely not the WrexRent Stand . That is where most of the drunken, unsocial louts go and they are never going to change. Just an unsavoury part of society. Secondly the structure of the stands is not good for young kids who at a young age are naturally more interested in the hot dog than the football. Having food available next to booze does not work. In the States stadiums have food outlets high up at the back of the stand and coke is more important than beer . We simply cannot do that overnight . Maybe the Kop stand if and when built, will be able to give us some better family experiences.
And as for standing you either live with that and follow suit.. No good for young kids so for this year when no other seated options are left probably better to take the kids to KFC?
Not everyone in the WrexRent is as you describe talk about sweeping stereotype statements.

Regarding the standing thankfully where I am fellow fans are respectful with the sitting down just shame about the lack of face coverings.
Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 10.09:40   #48-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Next Generation of Fans

sat in the corner of the stand behind the goal near the Woking fans in he Yale,had to stand had no choice,noticed most of the youths did not bother to look at their tickets to check where their seats were they just sat together hence problems when people turned up claiming there seats.Most of the time all they were doing was shoutingor singing abuse at Woking fans they weren't watching the game,club gets there money I suppose Also when I showed my ticket on entering he scanned it wouldn't work at first ,I thought if he does this with every ticket ,chaos
Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 10.10:08   #49-0 (permalink)
Binned
 
MichaelP's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Real Name: Michael
Twitter: @None





Default Re: Next Generation of Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Don't go then. This scaremongering won't work, lockdowns won't be happening again.
Okay I’ll keep a bookmark to this page.
Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 10.12:16   #50-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
JH-94's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Tech
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Next Generation of Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
Not everyone in the WrexRent is as you describe talk about sweeping stereotype statements.

Regarding the standing thankfully where I am fellow fans are respectful with the sitting down just shame about the lack of face coverings.
You’re a weapon you
Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 10.13:23   #51-0 (permalink)
Binned
 
MichaelP's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Real Name: Michael
Twitter: @None





Default Re: Next Generation of Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by david john View Post
sat in the corner of the stand behind the goal near the Woking fans in he Yale,had to stand had no choice,noticed most of the youths did not bother to look at their tickets to check where their seats were they just sat together hence problems when people turned up claiming there seats.Most of the time all they were doing was shoutingor singing abuse at Woking fans they weren't watching the game,club gets there money I suppose Also when I showed my ticket on entering he scanned it wouldn't work at first ,I thought if he does this with every ticket ,chaos
Thankfully I am on the other end of stand. More respectful that side. I have been in the part that you describe and I hated it there just no respect. Most are just there to act like you can finish the sentence.

What the hell was the flare / smokebomb going off for it wasn’t even anywhere near when we scored and how come these keep getting brought into the ground. How many warnings have we had about this ?
Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 10.50:51   #52-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabonred27 View Post
Why do you need to stand ?, it's a seated area and it's only a minority wanting to stand , just take your seat like the majority of fans and have a bit of respect for others.
Standing at the football is what lots of people prefer, hence standing areas are being brought back so people who want to stand can do so without inconveniencing others.

I think they should install safe standing in the Wrexrent personally.
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 10.55:19   #53-0 (permalink)
Binned
 
MichaelP's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Real Name: Michael
Twitter: @None





Default Re: Next Generation of Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
Standing at the football is what lots of people prefer, hence standing areas are being brought back so people who want to stand can do so without inconveniencing others.

I think they should install safe standing in the Wrexrent personally.
Posted via mobile theme
I actually wouldn’t oppose safe standing areas in WrexRent / Mold Road / Yale stands plus also who knows how well we do this season a temporary standing area in kop ? Guess depends how well we do.
Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2021, 10.58:41   #54-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
Well it needs changing as I can bet you now the way things are carrying on the season won’t end on time if at all.
Muzzles don't prevent lockdowns. We proved that last year. You obviously have a very short memory.
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.33:30.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12