RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Next Generation of Fans (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118254-next-generation-fans.html)

wonderboy 12th September 2021 12.40:02

Re: Next Generation of Fans

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2513797]Not everyone in the WrexRent is as you describe talk about sweeping stereotype statements.

Regarding the standing thankfully where I am fellow fans are respectful with the sitting down just shame about the lack of face coverings.[/QUOTE]

Surprised you haven’t mentioned covid passports to get into the game

Redpensioner 12th September 2021 15.31:01

Just read all the matchday discomforts and had a little chuckle to myself. I'm going back to the late 60s and me and my mate would try a game on Merseyside say once an year and the first time we went to Anfield we went on the Kop. Come kick-off we were shoulder to shoulder and moving all over the place, then when half time came we wanted to relieve ourselves and I said to this bloke next to me, "where do we go" he then pointed to the floor and said "dee la". There was urine all over the place passing your shoes. It was called an experience ha.

eosceiriog 12th September 2021 17.37:51

[QUOTE=Rob;2513671]We have fans who are utterly selfish idiots.

Foxy is an example on here, posting what was basically criticism of a steward the other day for wearing a face covering. It is all the same genre of self centred obnoxious behaviour.

People need to grow up and as you say, have some respect for fellow fans, and help enable a welcoming inclusive match day or trip to the stadium.

It is easy to blame 'the club' (previous or current custodians) but a number of issues can be put at the door of fans as well.[/QUOTE]

A minority have always caused problems both in the town and the neighbouring areas. Just read the George Borrow (Wild Wales) account about the Wrexham people on his travels he observed and met over a century ago.
Yobbish behaviour is not limited to the young either.

Just walk the streets almost anywhere in the UK and the amount of bad language and behaviour is increasing without respect to women or regard for children within earshot.

We need children to come to matches as I did as child 70 years ago. Welcoming is the correct phrase. "Inclusive" not the best word in the sense you used it. It is a result of welcoming that children will become included in the supporter base. Anyone standing by a youngster and "welcoming" them by continuously using foul and abusive language at a match or otherwise is my opinion brain dead and near feral.

Sure, the club can do a lot more with catering, mascots etc. but these are not the sole. or even best, things required to make them fans for life.

I very much agree with the overall sentiments of your post but the singling out of Foxy and appearing to directly associate him with the thoughtless. mindless and violent scum minority that deign to call themselves fans of our club is OTT.

I don't always agree with his posts, or indeed those many other RP posters with a manifestly lower level of wit, humanity and IQ than Foxy, but all have a right to air their views on this forum.

You of all people should know better and I would like to think that on reflection you are magnanimous enough to apologise for mixing up an opinion you did not like about masks with giving the next generation an improved starting experience.

My view is that you could have made your point without sticking the boot in. If you think otherwise then I question your judgement as there are a heck of a lot more worthy candidates for naming and shaming.

For clarity, I stress I don't know Foxy from Adam. Leaving his forthright and contrarian his opinions on one side, I have never seen any signs of him threaA minority have always caused problems both in the town and the neighbouring areas. Just read the George Borrow (Wild Wales) account about the Wrexham people on his travels he observed and met over a century ago.
Yobbish behaviour is not limited to the young either. Just walk the streets almost anywhere in the UK and the amount of bad language and behaviour is increasing without respect to women or regard for children within earshot.
We need children to come to matches as I did as child 70 years ago. Welcoming is the correct phrase. "Inclusive" not the best word in the sense you used it. It is a result of welcoming that children will become included in the supporter base. Anyone standing by a youngster and "welcoming" them by continuously using foul and abusive language at a match or otherwise is my opinion brain dead and near feral.
Sure, the club can do a lot more with catering, mascots etc. but these are not the sole. or even best, things required to make them fans for life.
I very much agree with the overall sentiments of your post singling out of Foxy and appearing to directly associate him with the thoughtless. mindless and violent scum minority that deign to call themselves fans of our club is outrageous.
I don't always agree with his comments, or indeed those many other RP posters with a manifestly lower level of wit, humanity and IQ than Foxy, but all have a right to air their views on this forum.
You of all people should know better and I would like to think that on reflection you are magnanimous enough to apologise for mixing up an opinion you did not like about masks with giving next generation an improved starting experience. My view is that you could have made your point without sticking the boot in. If you think otherwise then I question your judgement as there are a heck of a lot candidates far more worthy of naming and shaming.

For clarity, I stress I don't know Foxy from Adam. Leaving his forthright and contrarian his opinions on one side, I have never seen any signs of him threating fellow posters with violence or using shedloads of bad language.

Come on let’s be fair his put downs are much more skilled than the standard go away and multiply. :D

fluffysheepsupporter 12th September 2021 19.34:58

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2513993]A minority have always caused problems both in the town and the neighbouring areas. Just read the George Borrow (Wild Wales) account about the Wrexham people on his travels he observed and met over a century ago.
Yobbish behaviour is not limited to the young either.

Just walk the streets almost anywhere in the UK and the amount of bad language and behaviour is increasing without respect to women or regard for children within earshot.

I very much agree with the overall sentiments of your post but the singling out of Foxy and appearing to directly associate him with the thoughtless. mindless and violent scum minority that deign to call themselves fans of our club is OTT.

I don't always agree with his posts, or indeed those many other RP posters with a manifestly lower level of wit, humanity and IQ than Foxy, but all have a right to air their views on this forum.

You of all people should know better and I would like to think that on reflection you are magnanimous enough to apologise for mixing up an opinion you did not like about masks with giving the next generation an improved starting experience.

My view is that you could have made your point without sticking the boot in. If you think otherwise then I question your judgement as there are a heck of a lot more worthy candidates for naming and shaming.

For clarity, I stress I don't know Foxy from Adam. Leaving his forthright and contrarian his opinions on one side, I have never seen any signs of him threaA minority have always caused problems both in the town and the neighbouring areas. Just read the George Borrow (Wild Wales) account about the Wrexham people on his travels he observed and met over a century ago.
Yobbish behaviour is not limited to the young either. Just walk the streets almost anywhere in the UK and the amount of bad language and behaviour is increasing without respect to women or regard for children within earshot.
I very much agree with the overall sentiments of your post singling out of Foxy and appearing to directly associate him with the thoughtless. mindless and violent scum minority that deign to call themselves fans of our club is outrageous.
I don't always agree with his comments, or indeed those many other RP posters with a manifestly lower level of wit, humanity and IQ than Foxy, but all have a right to air their views on this forum.
You of all people should know better and I would like to think that on reflection you are magnanimous enough to apologise for mixing up an opinion you did not like about masks with giving next generation an improved starting experience. My view is that you could have made your point without sticking the boot in. If you think otherwise then I question your judgement as there are a heck of a lot candidates far more worthy of naming and shaming.

For clarity, I stress I don't know Foxy from Adam. Leaving his forthright and contrarian his opinions on one side, I have never seen any signs of him threating fellow posters with violence or using shedloads of bad language.

Come on let’s be fair his put downs are much more skilled than the standard go away and multiply. :D[/QUOTE]

Some very good and true comments in this and I do agree that Foxy does not deserve the criticism laid out at least on these subjects.
Those who threaten with violence and use bad language thankfully do not generally visit this site. They are far too thick and lack the ability to understand the nuances of reasoned debate

fluffysheepsupporter 12th September 2021 19.40:18

[QUOTE=wonderboy;2513858]Surprised you haven’t mentioned covid passports to get into the game[/QUOTE]

It is a distinct possibility IMHO. Drakeford will delight in taking the opposite view to the UK government and we have already heard that Scotland will require them. If it happens it will be interesting to see how they can be properly monitored on entry?

dragonspark 12th September 2021 20.09:32

i thought George Borrow came across as a bit of a bigot with a considerable amount of arrogance, he was clearly not very taken with Wrexham although in them days there were many brewries and tanneries and the weekly weekend onslaught of gangs of miners from the various districts descending on the town.

fluffysheepsupporter 12th September 2021 20.42:34

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2514041]i thought George Borrow came across as a bit of a bigot with a considerable amount of arrogance, he was clearly not very taken with Wrexham although in them days there were many brewries and tanneries and the weekly weekend onslaught of gangs of miners from the various districts descending on the town.[/QUOTE]

Borrow was definitely not taken with Wrexham when he wrote Wild Wales . Some would say little has changed in the pubs apart from the ability to get some food to wash down the alcohol?

MichaelP 12th September 2021 21.39:19

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2514038]It is a distinct possibility IMHO. Drakeford will delight in taking the opposite view to the UK government and we have already heard that Scotland will require them. If it happens it will be interesting to see how they can be properly monitored on entry?[/QUOTE]

It’s okay the club won’t enforce it even if Drakeford brings it in. They don’t enforce the rules on face coverings on the concourse whilst queuing for refreshments and into the toilets. So what chance have we got enforcing the rules on not letting supporters and other rif raf in?

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 08.34:32

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514064]It’s okay the club won’t enforce it even if Drakeford brings it in. They don’t enforce the rules on face coverings on the concourse whilst queuing for refreshments and into the toilets. So what chance have we got enforcing the rules on not letting supporters and other rif raf in?[/QUOTE]

To be fair, there are no rules on wearing face coverings whilst in the concourses etc as far as i know, only a recommendation to wear one.
Personally, i would still wear one in these areas if in a large crowd as for all i know i could have the virus unknowingly and wearing a mask will lessen the probability i would breathe it all over everyone! I know they aren't foolproof, no one has ever said they are.

As for a vaccine passport to get into the game or venues, i really don't see the point. As it is now knowledge a person who has been double jabbed can still contract the virus AND still transmit it, what difference does a scannable code make to whether a person should be allowed in or not?

That should be down to individual choices and weighing of risks etc. If you don't feel safe going, don't go. No judgement. Same as those who choose to wear masks at any point during their visit should receive no judgement too.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.37:39.