RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Racecourse Sound System / announcer replacement (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118255-racecourse-sound-system-announcer-replacement.html)

hollywoodreds 11th September 2021 19.54:20

Racecourse Sound System / announcer replacement

Please oh please, Ryan, Rob, Fleur, Les whoever.... get the bloody sound system changed and sort an actual format and new stadium announcer.

I sit in the Yale stand and you can hear next to nothing. It all comes across as totally amateur in terms of structure and overall match day experience. I also know there are similar issues with the sound system all the way around the ground with levels all over the place.

Also, the format the announcer uses needs so much work he’s just so uninspiring and drab. Given our new found status and ‘community approach’ the format could be so much better, it seems to me nobody is bothered to get hold of it and give it a total revamp. ‘Wrexham is the name’ sounds like it’s being played on someone’s phone when the players take to the pitch not to mention the poor sound quality of songs played pre-match and at half time!

willyheckerslike 11th September 2021 20.48:26

Re: Racecourse Sound System / announcer replacement

Totally agree....pronto...its embarrassing!

northwalian dragon 11th September 2021 20.53:38

I'm sure the same Oasis song was played 3 times too. Oasis sounds even worse than usual when played through our sound system, which is saying something

Cookie 11th September 2021 21.26:36

Both the sound system and the announcer need to go in the bin!
I'm sure he's a lovely fella but he does an awful job.

Percy Sugden 11th September 2021 21.36:17

I just love the fact that now we’ve signed proper football players, things like this are deemed an issue….

hollywoodreds 11th September 2021 21.46:57

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2513639]I just love the fact that now we’ve signed proper football players, things like this are deemed an issue….[/QUOTE]

Not quite, it’s always been an embarrassment. It’s just highlighted even more now.

Percy Sugden 11th September 2021 21.51:01

[QUOTE=hollywoodreds;2513653]Not quite, it’s always been an embarrassment. It’s just highlighted even more now.[/QUOTE]

When you say highlighted…. Have they turned the volume up or something? Seemed the same as normal to me.

Rob 11th September 2021 21.52:46

Depends where you are, appears MRS your ears will bleed but in Yale its muffled

thedischunter96 11th September 2021 22.03:58

Is the PA system still supplied by a company in Market Drayton? They used to announce that all the time

hollywoodreds 11th September 2021 23.02:39

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2513659]When you say highlighted…. Have they turned the volume up or something? Seemed the same as normal to me.[/QUOTE]

The volume is too loud in the MRS concourse, to quiet in the Yale all in all a shambles

Club Tropicana 11th September 2021 23.24:33

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2513666]Is the PA system still supplied by a company in Market Drayton? They used to announce that all the time[/QUOTE]
Denzils mobile disco i believe got the contract.

TheRealWelshWayne 11th September 2021 23.39:41

Announcer is fine. Pa isn't.

Don't know about Mrs, but Yale need ten speakers lower level and ten upper level pointing towards the back of the stand. Music needs an audio loop or music player needs to have a ground. Announcer's Mic needs a quality dead cat cover.

horizon 11th September 2021 23.50:01

I'm all for duel Welsh English announcements but please please get a Welsh speaker who doesn't bore the pants of everyone,he is very poor come on there must be someone in Wrexham who's better than him, as this is the county and population in Wales with the biggest uptake of learning Welsh anywhere in Wales,and the list of trying to get your kids into a Welsh school has a waiting list.

MichaelP 13th September 2021 11.06:57

Can we get the PA system and scoreboard renewed and repaired please?

Forgot to mention this in the list I have sent.

Iggy Pop 13th September 2021 11.09:27

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514296]Can we get the PA system and scoreboard renewed and repaired please?

Forgot to mention this in the list I have sent.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the floodlights. Were they on your list?

MichaelP 13th September 2021 11.14:01

[QUOTE=Iggy Pop;2514299]Don't forget the floodlights. Were they on your list?[/QUOTE]

Yes floodlight repairs would be good too but thought we had Barlows maintaining these ? Seen them at the ground at the Notts County game. Unsure if they were at the Woking game as wasn’t personally in attendance.

louisleftboot 13th September 2021 11.27:12

Are there any good stadium announcers? The sound system needs an update for sure.

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 13th September 2021 13.22:01

The announcer is absolutely useless. Just one example, he announces the attendance and everyone cheers. Whilst we are cheering he announces how many away fans are there and we drown out what he is saying. Just announce the total, wait a few seconds for the crowd to stop cheering and then announce how many away fans are there. We can then applaud the away fans if we choose.

dagg 13th September 2021 13.34:06

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514304]Yes floodlight repairs would be good too but thought we had Barlows maintaining these ? Seen them at the ground at the Notts County game. Unsure if they were at the Woking game as wasn’t personally in attendance.[/QUOTE]

They where terrible for the Notts County game.

Rob 13th September 2021 13.40:56

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2514324]Are there any good stadium announcers? The sound system needs an update for sure.[/QUOTE]

We need to poach the one from Carlisle

BuckleyDerbyRob 13th September 2021 13.47:34

QUOTE=Rob;2514444]We need to poach the one from Carlisle[/QUOTE]

:hurray:

Or Cheltenham's if we want a posher accent...

Corner Flag 13th September 2021 13.57:29

[QUOTE=hollywoodreds;2513576]Please oh please, Ryan, Rob, Fleur, Les whoever.... get the bloody sound system changed and sort an actual format and new stadium announcer.

I sit in the Yale stand and you can hear next to nothing. It all comes across as totally amateur in terms of structure and overall match day experience. I also know there are similar issues with the sound system all the way around the ground with levels all over the place.

Also, the format the announcer uses needs so much work he’s just so uninspiring and drab. Given our new found status and ‘community approach’ the format could be so much better, it seems to me nobody is bothered to get hold of it and give it a total revamp. ‘Wrexham is the name’ sounds like it’s being played on someone’s phone when the players take to the pitch not to mention the poor sound quality of songs played pre-match and at half time![/QUOTE]

Match day experience regarding the football is greatly improved but the rest is a disapointment. Why no electronic scoreboard ? as for the sound quality , announcer , food and drink I will agree with the other comments ..shambles .

reggae boy 13th September 2021 14.25:47

Bad sound system,no electronic scoreboard, life's just terrible isn't it?

Corner Flag 13th September 2021 14.29:57

[QUOTE=reggae boy;2514467]Bad sound system,no electronic scoreboard, life's just terrible isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are used to second class service ?

WREX01 13th September 2021 14.33:56

People really need to pause and realise just how far we have come as a football club in the past 6 months.Things are developing at a rapid pace, and I have no doubt that these niggles will be resolved in good time.

As for the electronic scoreboard, I'm sure we have just purchased a new one from Brighton?

Cymro 13th September 2021 19.07:19

The sound system in the MRS it so loud it really does need sorting. I used to have a sore throat at the end of a game. Now I get a sore throat before the match even starts just trying to communicate with my mate next to me.

Redordead 13th September 2021 19.26:48

[QUOTE=reggae boy;2514467]Bad sound system,no electronic scoreboard, life's just terrible isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I miss the 50/50 results and what the score is!

Can’t timer in the corner continue after 90 minutes!

dagg 14th September 2021 12.17:57

[QUOTE=Redordead;2514595]I miss the 50/50 results and what the score is!

Can’t timer in the corner continue after 90 minutes![/QUOTE]

I've noticed that with the clock. It seems a common thing at other grounds and on the TV

david john 14th September 2021 15.49:48

i sat in the corner,or should i say i had to stand in the corner of the rent stand nothing wrong with the sound system except that it was way to loud.I agree that mrs and yale is shite

Alan Attack 14th September 2021 17.46:04

I recall we had a really good sound system when the Crusaders played at the Racecourse. No doubt this was on hire from the Super League as the games were on TV. I seem to remember huge bass speakers on the Kop.

I do think with this enhanced interest in the club, we need to start doing things a bit different than the usual; maybe whip up the atmosphere with 15 mins until kickoff.

waxcrayon 14th September 2021 18.21:40

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2514865]I recall we had a really good sound system when the Crusaders played at the Racecourse. No doubt this was on hire from the Super League as the games were on TV. I seem to remember huge bass speakers on the Kop.

I do think with this enhanced interest in the club, we need to start doing things a bit different than the usual; maybe whip up the atmosphere with 15 mins until kickoff.[/QUOTE]

Cheerleaders and cheap chips

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.33:08.