RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tozer (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118265-tozer.html)

WREX01 12th September 2021 12.56:07

Tozer

Class act.

Now Hossanah and Brisley are nearing full fitness , could we expect to see him in midfield? With French or Brisley replacing him in the back 3.

Ideally I’d like a new player in there and keep Tozer in the back 3.

FieldtownRed 12th September 2021 13.02:49

Re: Tozer

Anyone else expect him to be given the captaincy at some point?

Not convinced by Young as captain and whether he’s a guaranteed starter in the 1st 11.

wonderboy 12th September 2021 13.08:23

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2513875]Anyone else expect him to be given the captaincy at some point?

Not convinced by Young as captain and whether he’s a guaranteed starter in the 1st 11.[/QUOTE]

Hayden should of been temporary captain till Tozer came in. The fact people wanted Davies as captain made me headbutt the wall 10 times.

wonderboy 12th September 2021 13.11:37

[QUOTE=WREX01;2513873]Class act.

Now Hossanah and Brisley are nearing full fitness , could we expect to see him in midfield? With French or Brisley replacing him in the back 3.

Ideally I’d like a new player in there and keep Tozer in the back 3.[/QUOTE]

Rotation, Tozer and Hayden need to play every game. Class above for this league. Play your best players in there best positions.

Iggy Pop 12th September 2021 13.21:11

I don't think we paid £200k for him, to play him in an unnatural position. Although, I do believe, he has played CDM in the past...

DenbighRed 12th September 2021 13.22:39

Why do people always want to move people into midfield when they're doing well in a different position? Tozer could have a cigar on in the middle of the back three he looks so comfortable. Why piss about trying him in different positions?

But yes, he should be captain.

Red Dragon Froomie 12th September 2021 13.24:13

Would rather try French at CDM

OneLoveWrexham 12th September 2021 13.26:34

Many on here were clambering for Bencherif to play there, he eventually did and as predicted he was utter toss. We need to play players in their strongest positions, Dave Jones is the only midfielder we have to play in the holding midfield role.

Connah's Quay Red 12th September 2021 13.32:31

Tozer played in midfield until he was 28 and moved to Cheltenham.

I dont think theres any harm in moving him there for one or two games if Brisley is fit and Davies is out.

wxmedwards 12th September 2021 13.42:01

Keep him where he is. He’s playing the same position as what made him shine at Cheltenham (in the middle of the three) and looked as though he was taking the pi** at times, he’s so cool on the ball. Also impressed with how both footed he is.

Why is it every time we sign a great player we discuss changing their position ?(remember the Mullin midfield thread😳)

NewportRoadEnd 12th September 2021 13.45:22

He is a great player. Comfortable and composed. Seems the real Captain already, barking orders and moving midfielders around while Young does that weird clapping thing. Sure he can play in midfield if desperate but why?

Ddraigoch 12th September 2021 18.00:00

The Virgil vD of the National League

willyheckerslike 12th September 2021 19.10:26

He is settling in nicely...and with Hayden and Lennon we have an EFL standard back 3.

Birdy 12th September 2021 22.34:08

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2514025]He is settling in nicely...and with Hayden and Lennon we have an EFL standard back 3.[/QUOTE]

With another EFL centre back Brisley to come back in.

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 07.35:57

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2514025]He is settling in nicely...and with Hayden and Lennon we have an EFL standard back 3.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Birdy;2514088]With another EFL centre back Brisley to come back in.[/QUOTE]

That is beginning to look very good.

PP must somehow improve the midfield and the attacking options from the 2 wing-backs.

Crack that little nut and the strikers won’t have to drop so deep, thus posing a bigger more constant threat at the business-end.:hurray:

WREX01 13th September 2021 08.07:42

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2514131]That is beginning to look very good.

PP must somehow improve the midfield and the attacking options from the 2 wing-backs.

Crack that little nut and the strikers won’t have to drop so deep, thus posing a bigger more constant threat at the business-end.:hurray:[/QUOTE]

Personally i think the answer is:

Hossanah

French
Hayden
Lennon/Brisley

Davies/Green

Tozer
J Jones
Young

More pace and attack at wing back, with Tozer sitting to protect the space in behind.Also allowing Jones and Young to push forward.

OneLoveWrexham 13th September 2021 16.35:18

[QUOTE=WREX01;2514145]Personally i think the answer is:

Hossanah

French
Hayden
Lennon/Brisley

Davies/Green

Tozer
J Jones
Young

More pace and attack at wing back, with Tozer sitting to protect the space in behind.Also allowing Jones and Young to push forward.[/QUOTE]
So you’d drop Davies for Young? Ok……

davd29 13th September 2021 18.09:56

Don’t think he’s mobile enough for midfield that’s why he’s dropped back as he’s got older

shinner 13th September 2021 18.53:15

More of a presence than Young , would have been a better option as Captain.

COME ON WREXHAM 13th September 2021 20.17:13

[QUOTE=shinner;2514582]More of a presence than Young , would have been a better option as Captain.[/QUOTE]

Maybe PP thought he would appoint a captain and then the Tozer deal happened. Would be a bit hard on Young to strip him of the captaincy he has just claimed before the season even started.

EnglishRed 13th September 2021 22.25:08

So people would move French, who has been fantastic in the last few games playing as a full back and also contributed with a number of assists, into central defence. Move Tozer, who was a fairly average midfielder before Cheltenham moved him into defence, into midfield and drop Davies?

I'm glad Parkinson is the manager.

Whilst I agree we do need more quality options in midfield (an upgrade on Young basically), the midfield as they are are slowly improving as they play together more and the entire team becomes more familiar with the system they are playing- I dont think we are going to get a more traditional defensive midfielder because I don't see how the system we are playing uses one. Someone sitting in front of the defence would make the team far too static.

The problem we will have tomorrow is if Davies is injured with Jones suspended as I'm not sure about Jarvis or Redmond playing his role.

davewilli 14th September 2021 07.06:03

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2514653]So people would move French, who has been fantastic in the last few games playing as a full back and also contributed with a number of assists, into central defence. Move Tozer, who was a fairly average midfielder before Cheltenham moved him into defence, into midfield and drop Davies?

I'm glad Parkinson is the manager.

Whilst I agree we do need more quality options in midfield (an upgrade on Young basically), the midfield as they are are slowly improving as they play together more and the entire team becomes more familiar with the system they are playing- I dont think we are going to get a more traditional defensive midfielder because I don't see how the system we are playing uses one. Someone sitting in front of the defence would make the team far too static.

The problem we will have tomorrow is if Davies is injured with Jones suspended as I'm not sure about Jarvis or Redmond playing his role.[/QUOTE]

I think McIlinden will start if necessary, he deserves a chance and is more up to speed than Jarvis & Redmond but there's no point them being at the club if either of them can't come in and play in Davies's role. I can't see PP changing his formation anytime soon to accommodate players.

If there is a forced change then there will be a concern, particularly as we are still work in progress with a number of players not yet hitting top form, but if we are to be successful in the league, the strength of the squad will be the deciding factor

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.42:12.