RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   NL Paper TOTW (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118267-nl-paper-totw.html)

JonesRed 12th September 2021 18.50:46

NL Paper TOTW

Congrats to Rob Lainton and Harry Lennon on making the non-league paper National League TOTW!

Alan Attack 12th September 2021 19.57:43

Re: NL Paper TOTW

The Lennon cross field pass to the right wing back could be a real weapon for us this season. Provided it’s accurate, it opens up opportunities particularly at home where teams sit in.

EnglishRed 12th September 2021 20.39:59

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2514039]The Lennon cross field pass to the right wing back could be a real weapon for us this season. Provided it’s accurate, it opens up opportunities particularly at home where teams sit in.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. And thats a reason I can see French keeping his spot as RWB. His height is a real asset, its noticeable we try and hit him every time as he usually wins headers against a typically smaller fullback. And in a foot race he's a lot quicker than defenders expect.

Redline 12th September 2021 21.16:50

French is developing into a really good player.

-luke 12th September 2021 21.19:04

[QUOTE=Redline;2514055]French is developing into a really good player.[/QUOTE]

Agree but I think RHJ gets us more points... Good to have options.

fezbob 12th September 2021 21.30:03

It’s early days but I think there’s an argument to say French is a better all rounder than RHJ. Lovely choice to have.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Alan Attack 12th September 2021 21.43:59

If only we had those options down the left. Hayden, French, Hall-Johnson and Hosanna gives us very good strength in depth.

-luke 12th September 2021 21.44:48

Good point. I wouldn't fancy RHJ anywhere other than rwb/rb

French could play in 3 or 4 positions if needed. The new Johnny Hunt...

gazwxm 12th September 2021 22.04:57

Lainton must be in for his 1 brilliant save because he had nothing else to do all game!

-luke 12th September 2021 22.27:12

[QUOTE=gazwxm;2514076]Lainton must be in for his 1 brilliant save because he had nothing else to do all game![/QUOTE]

Same as a striker scoring a 40 yard match winning worldie though isn't it...lainton won us that game as much as Jordan did. I haven't seen it back but it looked spectacular stuff on Saturday.

Birdy 12th September 2021 22.45:40

According to some experts on here, when we signed him, Lennon 'wasn't a footballer' because he was injured all the time! Doesn't seem to be doing too badly after yesterday's exemplary performance!

Colonel D 13th September 2021 06.01:13

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2514066]If only we had those options down the left. Hayden, French, Hall-Johnson and Hosanna gives us very good strength in depth.[/QUOTE]

We have with Reckord and Jordan Davies with Green and Hosanna as back up.
French is now better with James Jones to work with.
It is the centre of midfield where we look lightweight at times.

-luke 13th September 2021 06.09:31

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2514107]We have with Reckord and Jordan Davies with Green and Hosanna as back up.
French is now better with James Jones to work with.
It is the centre of midfield where we look lightweight at times.[/QUOTE]

I might be the only one but I thought Saturday saw reckord put in the best performance he has had for us, felt he was very good - a player I've never been particularly impressed with in the past.

Mozzarella 13th September 2021 07.02:52

[QUOTE=-luke;2514109]I might be the only one but I thought Saturday saw reckord put in the best performance he has had for us, felt he was very good - a player I've never been particularly impressed with in the past.[/QUOTE]

Yes I thought that was his best game in a Wrexham shirt too.

sparky 13th September 2021 07.05:54

[QUOTE=-luke;2514109]I might be the only one but I thought Saturday saw reckord put in the best performance he has had for us, felt he was very good - a player I've never been particularly impressed with in the past.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Personally I'd have given him MOTM.

redavid 13th September 2021 07.08:38

spot on , He played really well . and percy said He should be no where near the first team lol.

dagg 13th September 2021 07.27:58

Is the National League newspaper worth buying?

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 09.00:16

[QUOTE=dagg;2514124]Is the National League newspaper worth buying?[/QUOTE]

I get it when i can, and often its a good read, but as long as you don't expect lots of news on Wrexham!
But its good to keep up with news around other clubs and even interesting to see the non league scene on a whole.

Won't miss it when (if) we get back into the league though!
:D

APJ 13th September 2021 11.35:12

[QUOTE=dagg;2514124]Is the National League newspaper worth buying?[/QUOTE]

Current issue of the non-league newspaper has a complimentary Adam Virgo piece on the standard of football from us v Notts County - part of a charm offensive after his FiD podcast appearance?!

The match report of the Woking game weirdly does not even mention possibly the biggest talking point of the game, their penalty claim, so it doesn't fill you with confidence of the reporting quality.

I would say its only worth buying if you are really into non-league in general including the lower steps where the results sections are really comprehensive and detailed.

Iggy Pop 13th September 2021 11.48:46

[QUOTE=gazwxm;2514076]Lainton must be in for his 1 brilliant save because he had nothing else to do all game![/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same. All the goalkeepers in NL must have crap games on Saturday!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.52:00.