RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Cod almighty (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118269-cod-almighty.html)

dragonspark 13th September 2021 05.55:18

Re: Cod almighty

there you go, bitter jealousy served on a plate of innuendo, nobody likes us and we dont care, ner ner

Funny_Old_Game 13th September 2021 06.16:56

Jealousy, nothing more.

The strangest club in the division, they have a mile long thread dedicated to us on their forum. Never seen anything like that on other boards unless it's basically your nearest geographical rival.

EnglishRed 13th September 2021 06.27:50

Yeah just jealousy as per the usual this season. Someone on their forum called us a Franchise team the other day.

Alan Attack 13th September 2021 06.40:19

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2514112]Yeah just jealousy as per the usual this season. Someone on their forum called us a Franchise team the other day.[/QUOTE]

Well, we tried nearly 10 years of fan-ownership and a similar period being at civil war with the owners…like Grimsby seem to be in all the time.

It appears to be how football has changed that instead of opposing supporters criticising the team, they criticise the ownership structure.

techender 13th September 2021 06.52:39

Wow. Fair play, for a five year old, he does use a lot of big words.

The play group assistant will be so pleased when she see’s what he’s done over the weekend.

If we ask nice, could he do us a crayon drawing of Pearson?

WrexSi 13th September 2021 07.07:00

I find it bizarre that fans of other clubs of a similar stature to ours, poke the finger at us for gratefully accepting some kind help from R&R…..

We were destroyed by Hamilton and our two relegations, and while the fan owned model was well run business wise, we were very unlikely to ever return to the EFL, we couldn’t command transfer fees or decent wages for top players at this level

We’ve looked on, as the likes of Crawley, Fleetwood, FGR, Sutton, Stevenage, and more, have gone up - why shouldn’t we at least have a Chance of our day in the sun?

We were well supported with gates of around 4000 even when we’d have been better off if our seats weren’t facing the pitch - we still turned up to try to support whatever donkeys were on show, to generate money for the club.

If, and it’s a very big If, we manage to get even one promotion during R&R’s tenure, I for one won’t have any tinge of guilt that we had financial assistance. Not many fan owned clubs have enjoyed success, we all need a helping hand at times.

Enjoy the ride, ignore the jealousy. COYR. And thanks R&R.

Cenotaff 13th September 2021 07.13:36

He'd probably be one of their 31.

EnglishRed 13th September 2021 07.13:52

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2514117]I find it bizarre that fans of other clubs of a similar stature to ours, poke the finger at us for gratefully accepting some kind help from R&R…..

We were destroyed by Hamilton and our two relegations, and while the fan owned model was well run business wise, we were very unlikely to ever return to the EFL, we couldn’t command transfer fees or decent wages for top players at this level

We’ve looked on, as the likes of Crawley, Fleetwood, FGR, Sutton, Stevenage, and more, have gone up - why shouldn’t we at least have a Chance of our day in the sun?

We were well supported with gates of around 4000 even when we’d have been better off if our seats weren’t facing the pitch - we still turned up to try to support whatever donkeys were on show, to generate money for the club.

If, and it’s a very big If, we manage to get even one promotion during R&R’s tenure, I for one won’t have any tinge of guilt that we had financial assistance. Not many fan owned clubs have enjoyed success, we all need a helping hand at times.

Enjoy the ride, ignore the jealousy. COYR. And thanks R&R.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this. Last time they were down here Grimsby probably had a budget about double ours despite being a similar size. They bought Bogle from Solihull when he was the most sought after striker in non league- he wouldn't have been cheap. But obviously now we are a hobby club. Our budget is probably not even the biggest in this division (don't get me wrong it will be up there).

When you read the criticism levelled at us its generally clear people have looked no further than their pre conceived ideas about foreign owners. Its all based on jealousy.

Pieman 13th September 2021 07.21:38

Seems like a bit of fun to me. If we dont get promoted under R&R expect a lot more of it

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.32:09.