RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Cod almighty (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118269-cod-almighty.html)

Rob 13th September 2021 07.56:02

Re: Cod almighty

What is a "Grimsby"?

EnglishRed 13th September 2021 08.04:06

[QUOTE=Rob;2514139]What is a "Grimsby"?[/QUOTE]

I believe its Old Norse for Grim Bay - A dreary unpleasant place, with a lingering smell of rotten fish

les.gtfc 13th September 2021 08.54:45

Well, he served his purpose of getting a reaction.

The author is well known for winding fans of other teams up, but at the end of the day it's all done as a bit of fun. Anyone who has read one of his match reports will know to take anything he writes with a very large pinch of salt.

Safe journey to all those travelling tomorrow, hope you enjoy the day but not the result.

Fazer600s 13th September 2021 09.04:54

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2514117]I find it bizarre that fans of other clubs of a similar stature to ours, poke the finger at us for gratefully accepting some kind help from R&R…..

We were destroyed by Hamilton and our two relegations, and while the fan owned model was well run business wise, we were very unlikely to ever return to the EFL, we couldn’t command transfer fees or decent wages for top players at this level

We’ve looked on, as the likes of Crawley, Fleetwood, FGR, Sutton, Stevenage, and more, have gone up - why shouldn’t we at least have a Chance of our day in the sun?

We were well supported with gates of around 4000 even when we’d have been better off if our seats weren’t facing the pitch - we still turned up to try to support whatever donkeys were on show, to generate money for the club.

If, and it’s a very big If, we manage to get even one promotion during R&R’s tenure, I for one won’t have any tinge of guilt that we had financial assistance. Not many fan owned clubs have enjoyed success, we all need a helping hand at times.

Enjoy the ride, ignore the jealousy. COYR. And thanks R&R.[/QUOTE]

Well said, Mr W - a reasoned, and rational, summary of our situation.

NewportRoadEnd 13th September 2021 09.17:37

Well it started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle & the less said about the end the better! But apart from that, excellent.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 09.21:20

I thought it was ok... its clearly written in jest, picking the comments most levelled at us recently and building a narrative around them.

Its meant to poke fun, and i would be 100% certain all the other previews he writes about other clubs are just as 'insulting'.

Its fan banter, the takeover has just given more ammunition to the back and forth.

totesey2 13th September 2021 09.29:21

We must be the most hated club nowadays, The articles speaks volumes!

Dai83 13th September 2021 09.38:44

[QUOTE=totesey2;2514199]We must be the most hated club nowadays, The articles speaks volumes![/QUOTE]

Great isn't it? Only relevant teams, are hated.

louisleftboot 13th September 2021 09.41:26

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514167]Well, he served his purpose of getting a reaction.

The author is well known for winding fans of other teams up, but at the end of the day it's all done as a bit of fun. Anyone who has read one of his match reports will know to take anything he writes with a very large pinch of salt.

Safe journey to all those travelling tomorrow, hope you enjoy the day but not the result.[/QUOTE]

I’ve read a few before, clearly a little bit of a wind up and fun. I’m sure he done ones on Wrexham before? Don’t think anyone needs to get too hot under the collar.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.41:40.