Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th September 2021, 21.29:26   #51-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
As if to prove my point about people giving the author what they wanted, tonight they’ve posted this: “Connoisseurs of football forum flounces, #gtfc or otherwise, we urge you to check out the hilarious reactions to our rough guide to Wrexham”
Posted via mobile theme
Good they read RP! At the end of the day. You need. To write like. This. There are no easy games in this league. More cliches. Then they will understand the feedback. Badly written banter. Lads Lads. Lads.
Old 13th September 2021, 21.45:01   #52-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

big fan of the rivalometer, love a good fanzine
Old 13th September 2021, 22.00:40   #53-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
LMH23's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
As if to prove my point about people giving the author what they wanted, tonight they’ve posted this: “Connoisseurs of football forum flounces, #gtfc or otherwise, we urge you to check out the hilarious reactions to our rough guide to Wrexham”
Posted via mobile theme
Poor lads are desperate for the publicity. Same level as 'oil money Wetsum'.
Old 14th September 2021, 07.07:42   #54-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Bill E. Badass
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

I can see what the author was trying to achieve and he/she was partially successful, especially in references to Shaun P.
However the article failed on many levels mainly losing the main theme in an attempt to include as many music references simply for their own sake.

Genuine banter' is a welcome part of football but on that level it was poor because of the predictable references and lack of more detailed research.

I would encourage the author to keep on writing, as with experience they are bound to improve and may eventually become quite humourous.
Old 14th September 2021, 08.12:43   #55-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
les.gtfc's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
I can see what the author was trying to achieve and he/she was partially successful, especially in references to Shaun P.
However the article failed on many levels mainly losing the main theme in an attempt to include as many music references simply for their own sake.

Genuine banter' is a welcome part of football but on that level it was poor because of the predictable references and lack of more detailed research.

I would encourage the author to keep on writing, as with experience they are bound to improve and may eventually become quite humourous.
He's been doing match reports in a similar vein for over 20 odd years now I reckon, so he must be a slow learner.
Old 14th September 2021, 08.36:40   #56-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Bill E. Badass
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.gtfc View Post
He's been doing match reports in a similar vein for over 20 odd years now I reckon, so he must be a slow learner.
Good to hear from you Les - I think you will have a lot more to enjoy this season than last.
We are obviously on a 'high' at the moment but our history is full of highs and lows, in my 65 years of attendance at the home of Welsh football I have certainly witnessed both!

As far as your author is concerned by all means keep going, but 'don't give up your day job'.

Hope you don't enjoy the game tonight but 'let the best team win'
COYR
Old 14th September 2021, 10.16:03   #57-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END
Real Name: GRAHAM
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.gtfc View Post
He's been doing match reports in a similar vein for over 20 odd years now I reckon, so he must be a slow learner.
Hi Les,
Are your lads still being sponsored by the landlord of a village pub in Histon Nr Cambridge. Met him in the Nottingham Arms up in Cleethorpes a few years ago and he is some character. Bit like our film stars who picked on Wrexham for no real reason he looked for a team to support some way from his home and ended up creating a supporters club for Grimsby.
Old 14th September 2021, 10.58:25   #58-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
les.gtfc's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Hi Les,
Are your lads still being sponsored by the landlord of a village pub in Histon Nr Cambridge. Met him in the Nottingham Arms up in Cleethorpes a few years ago and he is some character. Bit like our film stars who picked on Wrexham for no real reason he looked for a team to support some way from his home and ended up creating a supporters club for Grimsby.
Yes. He does still have a "Histon Mariners" board at the ground but as far as I know he doesn't have that pub anymore. Not sure what he's actually doing now (could well be retired now) but he's still a regular at our games when he can make it.

And yes, he is certainly quite a character.
Old 14th September 2021, 11.02:17   #59-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
Lesjonno's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: Ewan Husarmi
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

Someone from Grimsby calling Wrexham a run down town?? I have unfortunately lived in Grimsby for 30 years ( for work obviously not for pleasure) and I can tell you that nowhere ( well maybe Basra) is more run down than Grimsby. Have a read of the Evening Telegraph with daily stories of crime and poverty. Once you’re here you can’t move away because house prices are the lowest in the country. Maybe you could buy a shed in a nicer town. The only good things about Grimsby are the fish ( always haddock, no locals eat cod ) and the A180 leading west from the arse end of the world.
Old 14th September 2021, 11.13:09   #60-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Bill E. Badass
Twitter: @





Default Re: Cod almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesjonno View Post
Someone from Grimsby calling Wrexham a run down town?? I have unfortunately lived in Grimsby for 30 years ( for work obviously not for pleasure) and I can tell you that nowhere ( well maybe Basra) is more run down than Grimsby. Have a read of the Evening Telegraph with daily stories of crime and poverty. Once you’re here you can’t move away because house prices are the lowest in the country. Maybe you could buy a shed in a nicer town. The only good things about Grimsby are the fish ( always haddock, no locals eat cod ) and the A180 leading west from the arse end of the world.
Does the A180 reach as far as Barrow? Either way it sounds like the right time to jump ship.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.46:25.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12