RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Cod almighty (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118269-cod-almighty.html)

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 08.12:43

Re: Cod almighty

[QUOTE=BillEBadass;2514685]I can see what the author was trying to achieve and he/she was partially successful, especially in references to Shaun P.
However the article failed on many levels mainly losing the main theme in an attempt to include as many music references simply for their own sake.

Genuine banter' is a welcome part of football but on that level it was poor because of the predictable references and lack of more detailed research.

I would encourage the author to keep on writing, as with experience they are bound to improve and may eventually become quite humourous.[/QUOTE]

He's been doing match reports in a similar vein for over 20 odd years now I reckon, so he must be a slow learner. :D

BillEBadass 14th September 2021 08.36:40

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514704]He's been doing match reports in a similar vein for over 20 odd years now I reckon, so he must be a slow learner. :D[/QUOTE]

Good to hear from you Les - I think you will have a lot more to enjoy this season than last.
We are obviously on a 'high' at the moment but our history is full of highs and lows, in my 65 years of attendance at the home of Welsh football I have certainly witnessed both!

As far as your author is concerned by all means keep going, but 'don't give up your day job'.

Hope you don't enjoy the game tonight but 'let the best team win'
COYR

fluffysheepsupporter 14th September 2021 10.16:03

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514704]He's been doing match reports in a similar vein for over 20 odd years now I reckon, so he must be a slow learner. :D[/QUOTE]

Hi Les,
Are your lads still being sponsored by the landlord of a village pub in Histon Nr Cambridge. Met him in the Nottingham Arms up in Cleethorpes a few years ago and he is some character. Bit like our film stars who picked on Wrexham for no real reason he looked for a team to support some way from his home and ended up creating a supporters club for Grimsby.

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 10.58:25

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2514757]Hi Les,
Are your lads still being sponsored by the landlord of a village pub in Histon Nr Cambridge. Met him in the Nottingham Arms up in Cleethorpes a few years ago and he is some character. Bit like our film stars who picked on Wrexham for no real reason he looked for a team to support some way from his home and ended up creating a supporters club for Grimsby.[/QUOTE]

Yes. He does still have a "Histon Mariners" board at the ground but as far as I know he doesn't have that pub anymore. Not sure what he's actually doing now (could well be retired now) but he's still a regular at our games when he can make it.

And yes, he is certainly quite a character.

Lesjonno 14th September 2021 11.02:17

Someone from Grimsby calling Wrexham a run down town?? I have unfortunately lived in Grimsby for 30 years ( for work obviously not for pleasure) and I can tell you that nowhere ( well maybe Basra) is more run down than Grimsby. Have a read of the Evening Telegraph with daily stories of crime and poverty. Once you’re here you can’t move away because house prices are the lowest in the country. Maybe you could buy a shed in a nicer town. The only good things about Grimsby are the fish ( always haddock, no locals eat cod ) and the A180 leading west from the arse end of the world.

BillEBadass 14th September 2021 11.13:09

[QUOTE=Lesjonno;2514766]Someone from Grimsby calling Wrexham a run down town?? I have unfortunately lived in Grimsby for 30 years ( for work obviously not for pleasure) and I can tell you that nowhere ( well maybe Basra) is more run down than Grimsby. Have a read of the Evening Telegraph with daily stories of crime and poverty. Once you’re here you can’t move away because house prices are the lowest in the country. Maybe you could buy a shed in a nicer town. The only good things about Grimsby are the fish ( always haddock, no locals eat cod ) and the A180 leading west from the arse end of the world.[/QUOTE]

Does the A180 reach as far as Barrow? Either way it sounds like the right time to jump ship.

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 11.18:12

[QUOTE=Lesjonno;2514766]Someone from Grimsby calling Wrexham a run down town?? I have unfortunately lived in Grimsby for 30 years ( for work obviously not for pleasure) and I can tell you that nowhere ( well maybe Basra) is more run down than Grimsby. Have a read of the Evening Telegraph with daily stories of crime and poverty. Once you’re here you can’t move away because house prices are the lowest in the country. Maybe you could buy a shed in a nicer town. The only good things about Grimsby are the fish ( always haddock, no locals eat cod ) and the A180 leading west from the arse end of the world.[/QUOTE]

Lesjonno, he's the hero Wrexham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it.

Superunknown 14th September 2021 11.56:36

Poetry this.

Lesjonno 14th September 2021 12.39:19

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2514771]Lesjonno, he's the hero Wrexham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I’d be pretty crap in midfield to be honest .

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.31:07.