RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Cod almighty (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118269-cod-almighty.html)

stevie focks 12th September 2021 21.42:09

Cod almighty

[url=http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=8092]Cod Almighty - the Grimsby Town fanzine[/url]

TheRealWelshWayne 12th September 2021 21.44:59

Re: Cod almighty

Are you haddocking a laugh?

Huffy 12th September 2021 21.49:38

That'll cause a stink !! ;)

-luke 12th September 2021 21.50:35

Absolute dogshit... Another online cunt who thinks their opinion is entertaining

Mr Waldo 12th September 2021 21.54:21

Trying just a bit too hard with the journalistic jingo lingo there. Reads like a university writing project and graded about C+.

Alan Attack 12th September 2021 22.07:35

It’s just a bit of fun.

LMH23 12th September 2021 22.12:36

The most hurtful thing is the lack of effort, honestly.

JonesRed 12th September 2021 22.13:07

One of the most biased one sided articles I have read in my life!

God, the vast majority of National League teams hate us.

Isn't time that we have some good fortune on the back of 14 years of turmoil down here.

Anyway, it's a shame that they aint on FIFA!!

WXMWELSH85 12th September 2021 22.26:03

Its only abit of fun - Probably on here pissing himself at the bites.

Anyway funny Songs for Shaun Pearson

- Your just a shit Fat Boar Driver
- Fat Boar Reject

dragonspark 13th September 2021 05.55:18

there you go, bitter jealousy served on a plate of innuendo, nobody likes us and we dont care, ner ner

Funny_Old_Game 13th September 2021 06.16:56

Jealousy, nothing more.

The strangest club in the division, they have a mile long thread dedicated to us on their forum. Never seen anything like that on other boards unless it's basically your nearest geographical rival.

EnglishRed 13th September 2021 06.27:50

Yeah just jealousy as per the usual this season. Someone on their forum called us a Franchise team the other day.

Alan Attack 13th September 2021 06.40:19

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2514112]Yeah just jealousy as per the usual this season. Someone on their forum called us a Franchise team the other day.[/QUOTE]

Well, we tried nearly 10 years of fan-ownership and a similar period being at civil war with the owners…like Grimsby seem to be in all the time.

It appears to be how football has changed that instead of opposing supporters criticising the team, they criticise the ownership structure.

techender 13th September 2021 06.52:39

Wow. Fair play, for a five year old, he does use a lot of big words.

The play group assistant will be so pleased when she see’s what he’s done over the weekend.

If we ask nice, could he do us a crayon drawing of Pearson?

WrexSi 13th September 2021 07.07:00

I find it bizarre that fans of other clubs of a similar stature to ours, poke the finger at us for gratefully accepting some kind help from R&R…..

We were destroyed by Hamilton and our two relegations, and while the fan owned model was well run business wise, we were very unlikely to ever return to the EFL, we couldn’t command transfer fees or decent wages for top players at this level

We’ve looked on, as the likes of Crawley, Fleetwood, FGR, Sutton, Stevenage, and more, have gone up - why shouldn’t we at least have a Chance of our day in the sun?

We were well supported with gates of around 4000 even when we’d have been better off if our seats weren’t facing the pitch - we still turned up to try to support whatever donkeys were on show, to generate money for the club.

If, and it’s a very big If, we manage to get even one promotion during R&R’s tenure, I for one won’t have any tinge of guilt that we had financial assistance. Not many fan owned clubs have enjoyed success, we all need a helping hand at times.

Enjoy the ride, ignore the jealousy. COYR. And thanks R&R.

Cenotaff 13th September 2021 07.13:36

He'd probably be one of their 31.

EnglishRed 13th September 2021 07.13:52

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2514117]I find it bizarre that fans of other clubs of a similar stature to ours, poke the finger at us for gratefully accepting some kind help from R&R…..

We were destroyed by Hamilton and our two relegations, and while the fan owned model was well run business wise, we were very unlikely to ever return to the EFL, we couldn’t command transfer fees or decent wages for top players at this level

We’ve looked on, as the likes of Crawley, Fleetwood, FGR, Sutton, Stevenage, and more, have gone up - why shouldn’t we at least have a Chance of our day in the sun?

We were well supported with gates of around 4000 even when we’d have been better off if our seats weren’t facing the pitch - we still turned up to try to support whatever donkeys were on show, to generate money for the club.

If, and it’s a very big If, we manage to get even one promotion during R&R’s tenure, I for one won’t have any tinge of guilt that we had financial assistance. Not many fan owned clubs have enjoyed success, we all need a helping hand at times.

Enjoy the ride, ignore the jealousy. COYR. And thanks R&R.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this. Last time they were down here Grimsby probably had a budget about double ours despite being a similar size. They bought Bogle from Solihull when he was the most sought after striker in non league- he wouldn't have been cheap. But obviously now we are a hobby club. Our budget is probably not even the biggest in this division (don't get me wrong it will be up there).

When you read the criticism levelled at us its generally clear people have looked no further than their pre conceived ideas about foreign owners. Its all based on jealousy.

Pieman 13th September 2021 07.21:38

Seems like a bit of fun to me. If we dont get promoted under R&R expect a lot more of it

Rob 13th September 2021 07.56:02

What is a "Grimsby"?

EnglishRed 13th September 2021 08.04:06

[QUOTE=Rob;2514139]What is a "Grimsby"?[/QUOTE]

I believe its Old Norse for Grim Bay - A dreary unpleasant place, with a lingering smell of rotten fish

les.gtfc 13th September 2021 08.54:45

Well, he served his purpose of getting a reaction.

The author is well known for winding fans of other teams up, but at the end of the day it's all done as a bit of fun. Anyone who has read one of his match reports will know to take anything he writes with a very large pinch of salt.

Safe journey to all those travelling tomorrow, hope you enjoy the day but not the result.

Fazer600s 13th September 2021 09.04:54

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2514117]I find it bizarre that fans of other clubs of a similar stature to ours, poke the finger at us for gratefully accepting some kind help from R&R…..

Enjoy the ride, ignore the jealousy. COYR. And thanks R&R.[/QUOTE]

Well said, Mr W - a reasoned, and rational, summary of our situation.

NewportRoadEnd 13th September 2021 09.17:37

Well it started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle & the less said about the end the better! But apart from that, excellent.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 09.21:20

I thought it was ok... its clearly written in jest, picking the comments most levelled at us recently and building a narrative around them.

Its meant to poke fun, and i would be 100% certain all the other previews he writes about other clubs are just as 'insulting'.

Its fan banter, the takeover has just given more ammunition to the back and forth.

totesey2 13th September 2021 09.29:21

We must be the most hated club nowadays, The articles speaks volumes!

Dai83 13th September 2021 09.38:44

[QUOTE=totesey2;2514199]We must be the most hated club nowadays, The articles speaks volumes![/QUOTE]

Great isn't it? Only relevant teams, are hated.

louisleftboot 13th September 2021 09.41:26

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514167]Well, he served his purpose of getting a reaction.

The author is well known for winding fans of other teams up, but at the end of the day it's all done as a bit of fun. Anyone who has read one of his match reports will know to take anything he writes with a very large pinch of salt.

Safe journey to all those travelling tomorrow, hope you enjoy the day but not the result.[/QUOTE]

I’ve read a few before, clearly a little bit of a wind up and fun. I’m sure he done ones on Wrexham before? Don’t think anyone needs to get too hot under the collar.

BuckleyDerbyRob 13th September 2021 09.59:38

Safe journey to all those travelling tomorrow, hope you enjoy the day but not the result.[/QUOTE]

I quite liked it and can't see anything in it for people to take offence with.

Harmless fan banter to me and long may it continue between us and decent fans of other clubs.

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 11.16:00

Too true.

I once walked out of Mr Steele’s after a lovely plaice, chips, mushy peas, bread & butter, and pot of tea and saw the culture that is Cleethorpes: some lout had disposed of a half-eaten tub of ice cream and there was a definite furry top to it!:eek:

Enjoy the game but wear your wellies as it will be very wet with lots of sheep leaping about.;)

short_gog 13th September 2021 11.52:29

well bless the inbred yellow bellies, they can't dis Lincoln as they are out of sight of them now, and Boston will be zipping up past them shortly so have a go at us eh!

At least we play in our own town............ the Divvy stadium is closer to Wrexham than Blunder Park is to grimsby now toodle off and grumble to your other half duck (could be his mother/sister/wife - probably all 3 at once) in Claxby Pluckacre and let us concentrate on our sheep

Then again they have a Miami Beach and a New York in t'shire, so who are we to comment on such a lovely place - and don't get me started on the miles and miles of sandy beaches they have, Moggs Eye is a particular favourite (just don't get near the water!)

PS thought that was quite amusing an article to be honest :)

fezbob 13th September 2021 12.06:06

The author was clearly having a laugh. Not sure why people have bitten so badly.

-luke 13th September 2021 12.24:57

[QUOTE=fezbob;2514355]The author was clearly having a laugh. Not sure why people have bitten so badly.[/QUOTE]

Probably because it wasn't particularly funny... Poor execution

Cenotaff 13th September 2021 12.33:14

The blog has always had a sarcy way but there's a little whiff of bitterness in there this time.

fezbob 13th September 2021 12.43:27

[QUOTE=-luke;2514374]Probably because it wasn't particularly funny... Poor execution[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid we’re going to be on the receiving end of much worse than this so time to sit tight and buckle up.

I also think by getting wound up we may just be giving the author what they want.

You see it in certain national newspapers where columnists deliberately go out of their way to wind up Welsh nationalists on Twitter. 9/10 times they get exactly what they want in terms of people clicking on the article and commenting.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

jonesfach 13th September 2021 12.44:55

:)

Redpensioner 13th September 2021 14.35:28

I don't know if he was taking the piss or feeling sorry for us, but he forgot to say that every fan in Grim-sby would grasp what we have with both hands.

LMH23 13th September 2021 16.19:11

[QUOTE=fezbob;2514355]The author was clearly having a laugh. Not sure why people have bitten so badly.[/QUOTE]

The stereotypical boomer humour is more offensive. Dreadful stuff.

This sort of thing really gets a following in Grimsby?

eastsussex 13th September 2021 16.32:30

[QUOTE=Rob;2514139]What is a "Grimsby"?[/QUOTE]

its a holywood film apparently [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby_(film[/url])

:)

TheTyphoon 13th September 2021 17.04:06

PP needs to pin this waffle to the dressing room door on Tuesday!

Dougie Davies 13th September 2021 17.28:33

Reads like it was written by a toddler.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.38:46.