RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Next 3 Games (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118271-next-3-games.html)

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 09.52:54

Next 3 Games

Well, its looking like the next 3 games will give us a true indication of how we are bedding in as a team, what we feel our chances should be and also a look at our rivals.

Grimsby away is going to be a very tough game. They are also unbeaten, played a game less and ahead on points.
I have concerns about what our midfield will look like tomorrow night. If we can be competitive in the middle i feel we will stand every chance of getting something out of it. A draw wouldn't be a disaster in this game and probably would be seen as a good result.
Though Grimsby seem to be scoring for fun, they also seem to be shipping goals so this could be a classic goal fest. Or 0-0.

Dagenham at home looks a potential banana skin. We struggled to put our authority against Woking who admittedly probably thugged us out of our regular gameplan.
I feel Dagenham will allow us to play more football and this could be an entertaining game. They are early pacesetters but that win at Stockport aside, i don't get the feeling they have set the world alight yet.
We need to be winning our home games and this is no different.

Then away at Stockport, our original biggest threats for the title. They have started poorly but that means nothing in this league. A big and hostile crowd expected, it will be interesting to see how this affects the players for both teams. If we start well, will their fans get on their players backs and crumble? if they start well, will we be up against it?
poor start aside, they are a strong team. They may be a bit toothless at the moment up front but they still have dangerous players in Madden, Reid and Rooney. Again a draw would be a good result here, but we could possibly get that much desired win.

Overall, out of these three tough games if we can come out of them with 5 or 6 points i think i would take that.

Wrexy 13th September 2021 09.56:16

Re: Next 3 Games

Despite being light in midfield I fancy us to win at Grimsby especially if Pearson plays and we can exploit his lack of mobility.

D&R is a toughie, as is Stockport. I'd take a draw in each.

Coming out of this run with our unbeaten record intact will be an achievement.

WREX01 13th September 2021 09.59:07

Pearson and Waterfall at the back - I would definitely be playing McAlinden behind Mullin and Hyde for this one.

JonoWafc 13th September 2021 09.59:40

Honestly i'd be happy with 4 points. We're probably due a loss, and with a depleted midfield I can see Grimsby winning tomorrow

We have to beat Dags at home before a very tough game at Stockport where I think a draw would be a good result.

Wrexhamforever95 13th September 2021 10.01:50

I feel like these are the games where the lack of real quality in midfield will show. Possibly without Davies too. The squad is more than capable at the back & upfront.. but see us really struggling these 3 games.

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 10.05:19

My original, conservative thoughts were draws against Grimsby and D&R, and a defeat at Stockport. Hopefully, we’ll do better than that, but all 3 games will be difficult. There are, after all, no easy games in this league, but some are easier than others.

Again, it’s going to hinge on how our midfield copes. With one certain change for Tuesday, and Davies trying to shake off his strain, we will see some new faces at Grimsby. Probably McAlinden for Davies, and with either Jarvis or Redmond on the bench, unless PP does something radical and play Tozer, French or Cleworth as the holding midfielder.

Main thing is to go to Grimsby looking for a win, and use that and the deserved Woking victory to launch a winning run. Fingers crossed!;)

Back of the Kop 13th September 2021 10.05:38

All 3 teams will have top 6 ambitions so these 3 are the real acid test.

Be delighted with 5-6 points

WXMWELSH85 13th September 2021 10.10:32

Cant see Davies and Lennon (defo not starting) playing
So id imagine it will be

Lainton
French - Hayden - Tozer - Cleworth - Rekord
Young
Macaliden - Redmond
Mullin - Hyde

Dibble Lennon Jarvis Green Angus

shimosays 13th September 2021 10.12:51

[QUOTE=WXMWELSH85;2514233]Cant see Davies and Lennon (defo not starting) playing
So id imagine it will be

Lainton
Young
Macaliden - Redmond
Mullin - Hyde

Dibble Lennon Jarvis Green Angus[/QUOTE]

James Jones?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

WXMWELSH85 13th September 2021 10.17:36

[QUOTE=shimosays;2514235]James Jones?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Shit yeah for got about him - him for Redmond ha

Lainton
Young
Macaliden - Jones
Mullin - Hyde

Dibble Lennon Green Redmond Angus

krux 13th September 2021 10.21:45

[QUOTE=WXMWELSH85;2514241]Shit yeah for got about him - him for Redmond ha

Lainton
Young
Macaliden - Jones
Mullin - Hyde

Dibble Lennon Green Redmond Angus[/QUOTE]

do we know lennon deffo won't start?

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 10.22:28

[QUOTE=krux;2514246]do we know lennon deffo won't start?[/QUOTE]

I can't see why he can't start if he isn't injured or sore...
We can always sub him later on..

les.gtfc 13th September 2021 10.25:04

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2514218]Despite being light in midfield I fancy us to win at Grimsby especially if Pearson plays and we can exploit his lack of mobility.

D&R is a toughie, as is Stockport. I'd take a draw in each.

Coming out of this run with our unbeaten record intact will be an achievement.[/QUOTE]

Not sure Pearson will start to be honest. He was missing on Saturday as his wife dropped their 3rd sprog on Friday and he didn't travel down to Torquay.

We have a young lad on loan from Bristol City who played and by all accounts was superb so I don't think that Hurst will change it tomorrow.

WXMWELSH85 13th September 2021 12.08:10

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2514249]I can't see why he can't start if he isn't injured or sore...
We can always sub him later on..[/QUOTE]

Parkinson said he cant play 3 games in 8 days so id bd massively surprised if he did. Probably bring him back Saturday for Dagenham!

Hightown Brymbo Red 13th September 2021 12.28:58

Tough 3 matches but we are a good team even though it's still early days we look tough to beat. It wouldnt surprise me if we are still unbeaten at the end of these games.
5 or 7 points at least

techender 13th September 2021 12.37:58

I'm fed up every season of "fearing" other teams.

Its time for them now to start fearing us.

Loughboroughred 13th September 2021 12.41:05

[QUOTE=WXMWELSH85;2514233]Cant see Davies and Lennon (defo not starting) playing
So id imagine it will be

Lainton
Young
Macaliden - Redmond
Mullin - Hyde

Dibble Lennon Jarvis Green Angus[/QUOTE]

You've excluded James Jones. You haven't even considered Dan Jarvis ahead of Devonte Redmond either. :toilet:

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 12.43:42

[QUOTE=techender;2514392]I'm fed up every season of "fearing" other teams.

Its time for them now to start fearing us.[/QUOTE]

Not fearing them at all, its called respecting them.
Going in with a billy bollox attitude is always a recipe for disaster!

Iggy Pop 13th September 2021 12.48:25

[QUOTE=techender;2514392]I'm fed up every season of "fearing" other teams.

Its time for them now to start fearing us.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Grimsby will be 'fearing' us, but I do think it will be their toughest test so far. I know they've played Stockport and Torquay away, but both them teams have a shocking home record so far.

Likewise, we shouldn't be fearing them at their place. Yes, they've won both their home games, but one was a 1-0 against Weymouth and the other was 4-3 against Barnet who were leading 3-1 until they had a player sent off!

Having said that, I will be happy with a draw.

benwilliams 13th September 2021 12.49:51

I’d be delighted with 5 points plus from these tbh and if we can remain unbeaten even with 3 draws I don’t think that’s a disaster
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

NottsRed 13th September 2021 12.51:44

We should be looking at 7 points from these three games.

Grimsby away will be the tough one and if Pearson isn't playing due to his wife giving birth then that might work against us.

Dagenham we need to make the Racecourse a fortress but it won't be easy against these.

Stockport away IMHO is the easy one. They have had a bad start and already have there fans on them.

horizon 13th September 2021 13.11:52

I'm not convinced on Young watching the game Saturday he seems a conference player at best. He needs replacing,and used as a sub. That's my honest assessment but other fans may have a complete opposite analysis.

davewilli 13th September 2021 13.34:40

Hopefully, unchanged, with Davies recovering and Lennon having no reaction to playing 90 on Saturday, but if not McIlinden for Davies and Brisley (again no reaction for a run out with the youth team) for Lennon.

Redpensioner 13th September 2021 14.44:42

9 points.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 14.52:28

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2514482]9 points.[/QUOTE]

Been in the pub? :D

Wrexy 13th September 2021 14.55:46

[QUOTE=horizon;2514428]I'm not convinced on Young watching the game Saturday he seems a conference player at best. He needs replacing,and used as a sub. That's my honest assessment but other fans may have a complete opposite analysis.[/QUOTE]

The decision to make him club captain surprised many given the pedigree of incoming players. I wouldn't be surprised if Young is out of the team within 2 weeks and Tozer takes the armband.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 14.56:40

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2514490]The decision to make him club captain surprised many given the pedigree of incoming players. I wouldn't be surprised if Young is out of the team within 2 weeks and Tozer takes the armband.[/QUOTE]

No-one to replace him with until January.

NewportRoadEnd 13th September 2021 15.01:00

[QUOTE=horizon;2514428]I'm not convinced on Young watching the game Saturday he seems a conference player at best. He needs replacing,and used as a sub. That's my honest assessment but other fans may have a complete opposite analysis.[/QUOTE]

He is a Conference player. Literally.

les.gtfc 13th September 2021 15.20:19

Should be a decent atmosphere under the lights tomorrow.

I see that you had over 8000 on Saturday but we have currently sold over 6000 for tomorrow night so should be a cracking atmosphere. I always prefer night games. None of our fans are getting carried away by our start this season but, if we can win tomorrow night, I'm sure quite a few will.

Redpensioner 13th September 2021 15.23:00

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2514488]Been in the pub? :D[/QUOTE]

It's too early, trying to be positive, we will see.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 15.23:37

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514503]Should be a decent atmosphere under the lights tomorrow.

I see that you had over 8000 on Saturday but we have currently sold over 6000 for tomorrow night so should be a cracking atmosphere. I always prefer night games. None of our fans are getting carried away by our start this season but, if we can win tomorrow night, I'm sure quite a few will.[/QUOTE]

To be honest i think it will be the same for our fans too.. Win tomorrow and i can see some getting carried away!

wonderboy 13th September 2021 15.23:59

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514503]Should be a decent atmosphere under the lights tomorrow.

I see that you had over 8000 on Saturday but we have currently sold over 6000 for tomorrow night so should be a cracking atmosphere. I always prefer night games. None of our fans are getting carried away by our start this season but, if we can win tomorrow night, I'm sure quite a few will.[/QUOTE]

Got a good manager and a decent squad you will be in play offs

Mozzarella 13th September 2021 19.18:13

I would take 5 points, as that would mean that none of them have gained 3 points over us and the most important thing at the moment is to stay in the leading pack, while we bed in as a new team.
I think that our performances will start to look more convincing after another 6-8 games.
Any more than 5 points from these 3 games would be brilliant.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.48:41.