Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th September 2021, 15.33:11   #82-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email to Fleur and Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I'm glad they are transforming the business into a 'proper' business, it certainly needs it.
A CEO is there to 'throw their weight around' provided it results in things getting done. You rarely get to be a CEO by being 'nice' and not ruffle any feathers.
And, although i realise they are volunteering due to their love for the club and wanting to be involved, if its causing so much stress and aggro..just walk away!
They aren't getting paid for the stress involved.
Reading through this thread makes me wonder why anyone bothers supporting the club.
I was supportive of the Trust but not blind to the inadequacies of the model in that year on year due to inflation we would be continually worse off with our budget.
There was little hope of change in direction and the acquisition of the club by R & R at least gave us some hope.
Saying that, there is a case for the club to respond to the "Teething " problems we are experiencing and an acknowledgement of the complaints, particularly over ticketing and some sign that the issues are being addressed would be welcome. After all we had a system that worked perfectly well, Why change it.
The new CEO has had little impact to date in securing sponsors, Tic Tok, Expedia and Aviation Gin are a direct result of the R & R effect.
Running out of stock isn't a bad thing, It means that sales are above expectation. Hopefully a matter that will be addressed.
Gin. By all means buy it cheaper in Morrissons. It's a personal choice.
I am personally aggrieved that supporters in general are excluded from the Cent and the 1864 suite ( Though it still says 1873 on the sign above the door) as I used to use both facilities on match days. I now go to the Turf or Maesgwyn. Both must be making a packet from this club policy. Their gain is our loss. Why can't the club negotiate with the Uni to put a Marquee on the old Astro pitch to cater for fans and benefit the club?
Thankfully the product on the pitch is a hell of a lot better and will to a degree overshadow the Moans.
Old 13th September 2021, 15.42:32   #83-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
If Rob or Ryan read anything on here, what do you think their thought would be. We are not going to last long under their ownership that's for sure.
To be fair, if I was in their position id read for about 15 seconds, say flip this, log onto online banking and grin at my balance before banging my beautiful Hollywood actress wife...
Old 13th September 2021, 15.47:59   #84-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
To be fair, if I was in their position id read for about 15 seconds, say flip this, log onto online banking and grin at my balance before banging my beautiful Hollywood actress wife...
I heard one of them wasn't actually married any more
Old 13th September 2021, 15.54:49   #85-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
I heard one of them wasn't actually married any more
When R&R bought wrexham that was surely the most bizarre and weirdly wonderful event you could have imagined...

That is until Ryan Reynolds became entangled in a bizarre love triangle with a crazed stalker and a double glazing salesman...
Old 13th September 2021, 15.59:49   #86-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In a red seat
Twitter: @Wonderboywxm

You are definitely Paul Cox, with a fake name.
Old 13th September 2021, 16.29:13   #87-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

We do not have access to the complete picture but I do have some observations from several visits to the ground recently.

We must not confuse effort with efficiency. Some of the outputs are definitely poor.

Being a nice person and hard worker does not necessarily equate to a satisfactory individual output. They are useful attributes but not the sole attributes that will be required.

It is clear (and was to me for many years under the WST) that a significant shake up is required behind the scenes as it was on the pitch.

To do the necessary there inevitably will be blood and tears but hard decisions some times have to be taken to move forward.

I am not going to criticise Fleur because she is not liked by all her staff at present because given where she is starting from I would be more worried if someone posted she is a wonderful lady loved by all.

These niggles will be sorted provided all the processes are properly overhauled and staff fit for purpose are appointed to run them.

Another observation, we seem to have a lot of chiefs but possibly not enough Indians. Fleur, Humph. Les and so on. Is Fleur really calling the shots (without interference)?. Also I'm not sure what the responsibilities are for each of the chiefs?

We are not going to know exactly what is going on and to be honest we don't have a right or need to ( just as long as the football is improving !!!)

What I am pretty certain on is R&R will act if things are not in keeping with their nicey nice but hard nosed business acumen. How long they give the chiefs and PP to deliver their requirements is matter for them not us but undoubtedly they will not be happy with any downturn in attendances if things do not work out.

On the plus side, player recruitment and income streams, for example are now on a different planet. It can't all be done immediately.
Let's give them at least 12 months or so to get it together before descending into yet another depression. That is still cutting them a lot less slack than that given to the WST.
Old 13th September 2021, 16.34:27   #88-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Cut them more slack than the wst??? The wst ran the club into the ground and got a free run in doing so for years .
Old 13th September 2021, 16.38:09   #89-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
It boggles my mind that they think a CEO should be bothering with some of these customer complaints. When some of them are so trivial its comical.

When some of the season ticket issues were occuring I did expect some comment.

But things like people moaning the scoreboard was working.... laughable. If you have minor gripes thats what the people on the frontline are for.

When you look at the overview, from the sponsership, to the amount of season tickets and shirts sold. None of that is attributable to her, but essentially those big numbers and the turnover is all that matters for her.

People can talk about customer experience etc and the turnover being effected in the long run. But it won't, the ticketing situation will improve. And If anything demand seems to be going up. Therefore she has zero to worry about.
Wondered what they were up to these days
Old 13th September 2021, 18.54:19   #90-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

It's a shame this attention seeking post is in danger of degenerating into the standard pro WST v anti WST slanging match. Before the WST the club was in a helluva mess; before R and R the club was in a helluva mess. We don't know where we will be in another ten years' time but let's look forward and not keep on fighting old, dead battles. It's pointless. The new set up needs time. That ridiculously long whinge which opened this thread had some valid points but, I suspect, somebody is trying to become famous on RP.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.55:52.