RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Email to Fleur and Geoff (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118272-email-fleur-geoff.html)

MichaelP 13th September 2021 12.12:09

Re: Email to Fleur and Geoff

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2514350]Could you run through the WST achievements for me?[/QUOTE]

To expand on the drinks part of the email. A friend pointed out at the game that there was a4 piece of paper saying that Wrexham Pints [ draught ] was £4

Whereas then when the draught ran out the staff were passing off the bottles which is less volume as the same price. Would you be happy if say you were at a bar / pub and you got charged the exact same price for something that isn’t what you were expecting . That’s fine though eh ?

What have the wst done well?

*Took over the club and got it making money.
*Won the FA trophy.
*Got to another FA trophy final which wasn’t as good as first one of course.
*Got to the playoff final and on another day could of won it.
*98 point total in one season.
*2 FA cup 3rd rounds and on both occasions we could of got to the 4th round had it not been the last 15 minutes of stoke game and penalties of brighton replay game.
*Secured a lease for the ground with Glyndwr.
*Managed to obtain a full Welsh international game in a long time.
*Never in debt.
*Season tickets arrived without having to repeatedly queue up for them.
*Merchandise arrived and didn’t have to wait long timescales after paying.
*Felt part of the club in regards to being able to drink in the cent / 1864 which you cannot now unless you wave your money around.
*Attracted music artists to the ground- notably Stereophonics x 2.

Not bad for a supporter run club.

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 12.14:47

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514359]To expand on the drinks part of the email. A friend pointed out at the game that there was a4 piece of paper saying that Wrexham Pints [ draught ] was £4

Whereas then when the draught ran out the staff were passing off the bottles which is less volume as the same price. Would you be happy if say you were at a bar / pub and you got charged the exact same price for something that isn’t what you were expecting . That’s fine though eh ?

*Took over the club and got it making money.
*Won the FA trophy.
*Got to another FA trophy final which wasn’t as good as first one of course.
*Got to the playoff final and on another day could of won it.
*98 point total in one season.
*2 FA cup 3rd rounds and on both occasions we could of got to the 4th round had it not been the last 15 minutes of stoke game and penalties of brighton replay game.
*Secured a lease for the ground with Glyndwr.
*Managed to obtain a full Welsh international game in a long time.
*Never in debt.
*Season tickets arrived without having to repeatedly queue up for them.
*Merchandise arrived and didn’t have to wait long timescales after paying.
*Felt part of the club in regards to being able to drink in the cent / 1864 which you cannot now unless you wave your money around.
*Attracted music artists to the ground- notably Stereophonics x 2.

Not bad for a supporter run club.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514304]Yes floodlight repairs would be good too but thought we had Barlows maintaining these ? Seen them at the ground at the Notts County game. [B]Unsure if they were at the Woking game as wasn’t personally in attendance.[/B][/QUOTE]

Why all the complaints if you weren’t even there?

Folk might label you a WUM if you aren’t careful!;)

JH-94 13th September 2021 12.15:39

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514277]Dear Fleur / to whom it concerns,

I would like to take the time to highlight some issues which you will already be aware of but seem to not be admitting / communicating with your customers.

This list is not exhaustive.

*Shirts being sold online when you don’t have them in stock.
*Gin being sold online when you don’t have it in stock.
*Gin being sold cheaper in Morrison’s Supermarkets in Wales than the club even though the club is meant to have exclusive rights.
*Getting supporters to stand in queues for their season tickets and then supporters finding out their season ticket hasn’t even arrived so they have to come back. Then they get sent out in post then not received so more long queues.
*Selling away match tickets without giving any priority to Season ticket holders.
*No news on when shares that have been paid into the club prior to takeover will be coming back to those who paid.
*Bottles being sold for same price as pints at Saturdays game v Woking.
*Persons in positions at the club that don’t reply to supporters emails.
*Person in position at the club has left - own accord or pushed?
*No open dialogue communication from the club apart from a weekly article in the Leader newspaper on a Thursday.

How much longer are we meant go be going on like this? The club is meant to becoming more professional since the new persons in posts.

Having advertising boards that alternate sponsors , attracting big name sponsors is all well and good but what about the basics communicating with your customers / supporters who quite frankly getting fed up.

You may say that these are “teething” issues. Well admit when you have messed up you will get more credit than hiding behind the volunteers who have to pick up the pieces.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Michael P

* I have sent this email already to Fleur and Geoff but had no response as of yet. Whilst some will say why put it on a messageboard then? I don’t have an answer apart from hoping someone can get the message sent to someone else.[/QUOTE]

Can somebody ban this clown he's chatting utter rubbish on most threads.

Quite frankly most of the things you have raised here are non of your business. We don't own the club anymore.

TheRealWelshWayne 13th September 2021 12.18:04

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2514361]Why all the complaints if you weren’t even there?

Folk might label you a WUM if you aren’t careful!;)[/QUOTE]

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

MichaelP 13th September 2021 12.18:09

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2514361]Why all the complaints if you weren’t even there?

Folk might label you a WUM if you aren’t careful!;)[/QUOTE]

I was at the Notts county game and Curzon Ashton game.

The complaints are what I’ve seen , the only comment which I did not see with my eyes was the bottles being charged the same price as draught. A friend of mine was there. Everything else I have first hand experience of.

Hometown Unicorn 13th September 2021 12.19:23

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2514354]It does seem to me that they want the football in order first, this kind of stuff is not priority number one.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but there's little excuse for manky seats.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 12.19:30

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514359]To expand on the drinks part of the email. A friend pointed out at the game that there was a4 piece of paper saying that Wrexham Pints [ draught ] was £4

*Took over the club and got it making money. [B]I'd argue they weren't 'making money'. We spent only what we made. Which clearly wasn't enough in the end.[/B]
*Won the FA trophy. [B]Think that was the team that won it...[/B]
*Got to another FA trophy final which wasn’t as good as first one of course. [B]We don't mention that one..[/B]
*Got to the playoff final and on another day could of won it. [B]But we didn't so not really an achievement of the WST, more of the team...[/B]
*98 point total in one season. [B]Using a team built under previous owners on the whole[/B]
*2 FA cup 3rd rounds and on both occasions we could of got to the 4th round had it not been the last 15 minutes of stoke game and penalties of brighton replay game. [B] Again, you can say what if for any game....I still don't see how this is a reflection of the trust running the club, more an on pitch thing.[/B]
*Secured a lease for the ground with Glyndwr. [B] Thats a viable one[/B]
*Managed to obtain a full Welsh international game in a long time. [B]And that[/B]
*Never in debt. [B] See my earlier point. But we were never in debt (supposedly) but yet we squandered millions...[/B]
*Season tickets arrived without having to repeatedly queue up for them. [B]Cant argue with that, although we had almost 4000 less season tickets..[/B]
*Merchandise arrived and didn’t have to wait long timescales after paying. [B]Did they have to deal with such high demand though?[/B]
*Felt part of the club in regards to being able to drink in the cent / 1864 which you cannot now unless you wave your money around. [B]Not really something you can laud WST with though, the approach now is more professional, brings money in and is pretty much how most clubs do it.[/B]
*Attracted music artists to the ground- notably Stereophonics x 2. [B]Fair point. But the new owners haven't had a chance to do it themselves so can't compare.[/B]

Not bad for a supporter run club.[/QUOTE]

Answered your points with my opinions..

JH-94 13th September 2021 12.19:45

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514364]I was at the Notts county game and Curzon Ashton game.

The complaints are what I’ve seen , the only comment which I did not see with my eyes was the bottles being charged the same price as draught. A friend of mine was there. Everything else I have first hand experience of.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should ask when they plan on replacing the barriers on the Kop with a sofa you can hide behind in your mask?

BuckleyDerbyRob 13th September 2021 12.20:57

Is it just me or is this the most irritating thread on here for some time?

Does anyone think that those in charge are unaware of the problems and are not trying to sort them out?

For God's sake people, just stop whining like spoilt brats and grow up a bit... Things take time and will get addressed - do you expect things to magically be remedied by a click of fingers?

Unbelievable... and RP Gold. Have some patience at least.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.08:48.