Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th September 2021, 14.40:48   #73-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email to Fleur and Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Exactly, I can live with most things as we have clearly invested in the football side of things, which is the number 1 reason why we all care about the club. Not why a bottle costs the same as a pint.
Clearly you don't have your priorities right. We come to the game to get bladdered not watch it...
Old 13th September 2021, 14.41:19   #74-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
Dear Fleur / to whom it concerns,

I would like to take the time to highlight some issues which you will already be aware of but seem to not be admitting / communicating with your customers.

This list is not exhaustive.

*Shirts being sold online when you don’t have them in stock.
*Gin being sold online when you don’t have it in stock.
*Gin being sold cheaper in Morrison’s Supermarkets in Wales than the club even though the club is meant to have exclusive rights.
*Getting supporters to stand in queues for their season tickets and then supporters finding out their season ticket hasn’t even arrived so they have to come back. Then they get sent out in post then not received so more long queues.
*Selling away match tickets without giving any priority to Season ticket holders.
*No news on when shares that have been paid into the club prior to takeover will be coming back to those who paid.
*Bottles being sold for same price as pints at Saturdays game v Woking.
*Persons in positions at the club that don’t reply to supporters emails.
*Person in position at the club has left - own accord or pushed?
*No open dialogue communication from the club apart from a weekly article in the Leader newspaper on a Thursday.

How much longer are we meant go be going on like this? The club is meant to becoming more professional since the new persons in posts.

Having advertising boards that alternate sponsors , attracting big name sponsors is all well and good but what about the basics communicating with your customers / supporters who quite frankly getting fed up.

You may say that these are “teething” issues. Well admit when you have messed up you will get more credit than hiding behind the volunteers who have to pick up the pieces.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Michael P

* I have sent this email already to Fleur and Geoff but had no response as of yet. Whilst some will say why put it on a messageboard then? I don’t have an answer apart from hoping someone can get the message sent to someone else.
is it worth sending a message to Ryan and Rob on twitter ?
Old 13th September 2021, 14.44:43   #75-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

MichaelP
I can see why you’re a newbie
Around the ground are some bright light twinkling boards. I noticed on Saturday that there were notices asking for people to help as they are recruiting like mad.
Instead of spending your time on here sending emails, roll your sleeves up and get yourself down to the club and offer help?
I know from personal experience that some of the people at the club are working a huge amount of hours, probably more than they should if they know what’s good for them but they are doing it because they are trying their best.

Give them a break ��*♀️
On Saturday some Sarah what’s her face posted on Twitter for Fleur to sort her shit out! Because the scoreboard wasn’t working and she hadn’t seen or heard the 50/50 results.
Really? I despair of our fans on times.
BTW harry53 doesn’t read rp - he reckons it’s bad for his health!

Last edited by Ddraigoch; 13th September 2021 at 14.45:50..
Old 13th September 2021, 14.58:25   #76-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
To expand on the drinks part of the email. A friend pointed out at the game that there was a4 piece of paper saying that Wrexham Pints [ draught ] was £4

Whereas then when the draught ran out the staff were passing off the bottles which is less volume as the same price. Would you be happy if say you were at a bar / pub and you got charged the exact same price for something that isn’t what you were expecting . That’s fine though eh ?

What have the wst done well?

*Took over the club and got it making money.
*Won the FA trophy.
*Got to another FA trophy final which wasn’t as good as first one of course.
*Got to the playoff final and on another day could of won it.
*98 point total in one season.
*2 FA cup 3rd rounds and on both occasions we could of got to the 4th round had it not been the last 15 minutes of stoke game and penalties of brighton replay game.
*Secured a lease for the ground with Glyndwr.
*Managed to obtain a full Welsh international game in a long time.
*Never in debt.
*Season tickets arrived without having to repeatedly queue up for them.
*Merchandise arrived and didn’t have to wait long timescales after paying.
*Felt part of the club in regards to being able to drink in the cent / 1864 which you cannot now unless you wave your money around.
*Attracted music artists to the ground- notably Stereophonics x 2.

Not bad for a supporter run club.
Really?
Old 13th September 2021, 14.58:40   #77-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

If Rob or Ryan read anything on here, what do you think their thought would be. We are not going to last long under their ownership that's for sure.
Old 13th September 2021, 15.00:08   #78-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
If Rob or Ryan read anything on here, what do you think their thought would be. We are not going to last long under their ownership that's for sure.
Doubt they would worry. Its only a few dissenting voices on a forum.
Old 13th September 2021, 15.04:36   #79-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

I had a lengthy chat with a long term employee of the club yesterday.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes transforming the club into a 'proper' business. Flower is throwing her weight around and upsetting a few people in the process. Its clearly not all a bed of roses off the pitch.

Many are hacked off. Long hours including people in unpaid volunteer positions who are putting in 12 hour shifts every day.
Old 13th September 2021, 15.10:09   #80-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexy View Post
I had a lengthy chat with a long term employee of the club yesterday.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes transforming the club into a 'proper' business. Flower is throwing her weight around and upsetting a few people in the process. Its clearly not all a bed of roses off the pitch.

Many are hacked off. Long hours including people in unpaid volunteer positions who are putting in 12 hour shifts every day.
I'm glad they are transforming the business into a 'proper' business, it certainly needs it.
A CEO is there to 'throw their weight around' provided it results in things getting done. You rarely get to be a CEO by being 'nice' and not ruffle any feathers.
And, although i realise they are volunteering due to their love for the club and wanting to be involved, if its causing so much stress and aggro..just walk away!
They aren't getting paid for the stress involved.
Old 13th September 2021, 15.13:56   #81-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Exactly, I can live with most things as we have clearly invested in the football side of things, which is the number 1 reason why we all care about the club. Not why a bottle costs the same as a pint.
It boggles my mind that they think a CEO should be bothering with some of these customer complaints. When some of them are so trivial its comical.

When some of the season ticket issues were occuring I did expect some comment.

But things like people moaning the scoreboard was working.... laughable. If you have minor gripes thats what the people on the frontline are for.

When you look at the overview, from the sponsership, to the amount of season tickets and shirts sold. None of that is attributable to her, but essentially those big numbers and the turnover is all that matters for her.

People can talk about customer experience etc and the turnover being effected in the long run. But it won't, the ticketing situation will improve. And If anything demand seems to be going up. Therefore she has zero to worry about.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.50:45.