RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Email to Fleur and Geoff (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118272-email-fleur-geoff.html)

MichaelP 13th September 2021 10.48:46

Email to Fleur and Geoff

Dear Fleur / to whom it concerns,

I would like to take the time to highlight some issues which you will already be aware of but seem to not be admitting / communicating with your customers.

This list is not exhaustive.

*Shirts being sold online when you don’t have them in stock.
*Gin being sold online when you don’t have it in stock.
*Gin being sold cheaper in Morrison’s Supermarkets in Wales than the club even though the club is meant to have exclusive rights.
*Getting supporters to stand in queues for their season tickets and then supporters finding out their season ticket hasn’t even arrived so they have to come back. Then they get sent out in post then not received so more long queues.
*Selling away match tickets without giving any priority to Season ticket holders.
*No news on when shares that have been paid into the club prior to takeover will be coming back to those who paid.
*Bottles being sold for same price as pints at Saturdays game v Woking.
*Persons in positions at the club that don’t reply to supporters emails.
*Person in position at the club has left - own accord or pushed?
*No open dialogue communication from the club apart from a weekly article in the Leader newspaper on a Thursday.

How much longer are we meant go be going on like this? The club is meant to becoming more professional since the new persons in posts.

Having advertising boards that alternate sponsors , attracting big name sponsors is all well and good but what about the basics communicating with your customers / supporters who quite frankly getting fed up.

You may say that these are “teething” issues. Well admit when you have messed up you will get more credit than hiding behind the volunteers who have to pick up the pieces.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Michael P

* I have sent this email already to Fleur and Geoff but had no response as of yet. Whilst some will say why put it on a messageboard then? I don’t have an answer apart from hoping someone can get the message sent to someone else.

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 10.55:03

Re: Email to Fleur and Geoff

Lots of valid points that need fixing and the solutions communicated to the fan base.

The share refund is surely a WST issue, and they seem to have vanished into their own navel.

Would be interesting to see their response.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 10.55:14

I would like to think things are continuously going on behind the scenes to rectify the issues we are encountering.
Some communication would be good to let us know, but going from completely volunteer run to a more professional approach isn't going to be something that happens overnight.
Add to that, increased demand and interest etc and it is no wonder things have cracked.

Not really an excuse as such as the powers that be should have predicted this but as long as we see improvement over the coming weeks then hopefully issues like these become rarer over the season..

WXMWELSH85 13th September 2021 10.56:35

*shit tannoy
*no signs directing fans to toilets/shop in lower tier in far corner

Inside Left 13th September 2021 11.25:04

Some fair points and I do wonder how many read The Bleeder. Circulation is far from what it used to be.*

I doubt whether these grumbles will feature in the film - after all the film is what its all about.

* The club could use RP as a conduit to the fanbase.

JonoWafc 13th September 2021 11.35:20

I’ve already complained to Fleur and she’s not bothered to reply so probably a waste of time unfortunately

Percy Sugden 13th September 2021 11.35:46

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514277]Dear Fleur / to whom it concerns,

I would like to take the time to highlight some issues which you will already be aware of but seem to not be admitting / communicating with your customers.

*Gin being sold cheaper in Morrison’s Supermarkets in Wales than the club even though the club is meant to have exclusive rights.
*Getting supporters to stand in queues for their season tickets and then supporters finding out their season ticket hasn’t even arrived so they have to come back. Then they get sent out in post then not received so more long queues.
*Selling away match tickets without giving any priority to Season ticket holders.
*No news on when shares that have been paid into the club prior to takeover will be coming back to those who paid.
*No open dialogue communication from the club apart from a weekly article in the Leader newspaper on a Thursday.

How much longer are we meant go be going on like this? The club is meant to becoming more professional since the new persons in posts.

Having advertising boards that alternate sponsors , attracting big name sponsors is all well and good but what about the basics communicating with your customers / supporters who quite frankly getting fed up.

You may say that these are “teething” issues. Well admit when you have messed up you will get more credit than hiding behind the volunteers who have to pick up the pieces.

Michael P

* I have sent this email already to Fleur and Geoff but had no response as of yet. Whilst some will say why put it on a messageboard then? I don’t have an answer apart from hoping someone can get the message sent to someone else.[/QUOTE]

The dark clouds were a real hinderance on Saturday? Could you add this onto the email and ask if Fleur and Geoff can sort this for future games? Maybe hire a kite in the shape of a sun or something?

Cheers Mike….

MichaelP 13th September 2021 11.36:46

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2514334]I’ve already complained to Fleur and she’s not bothered to reply so probably a waste of time unfortunately[/QUOTE]

Why does that not surprise me.

Seems to be another one of those who’s happy to pick up their pay cheque without doing very little.

MichaelP 13th September 2021 11.38:38

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2514336]The dark clouds were a real hinderance on Saturday? Could you add this onto the email and ask if Fleur and Geoff can sort this for future games? Maybe hire a kite in the shape of a sun or something?

Cheers Mike….[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm at its finest Percy.

So do we keep going on making balls up after balls up?

Who should be sorting the issues out?

Would you like to enlighten me and others to who we should be forwarding our concerns / complaints onto ?

Thanks In advance

fezbob 13th September 2021 11.41:26

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514338]Sarcasm at its finest Percy.

Would you like to enlighten me and others to who we should be forwarding our concerns / complaints onto ?

Thanks In advance[/QUOTE]

Seemed like a fair e-mail and the issues are hardly trivial if the club wants to be considered a professional.

Perhaps there are some fans who would be happy for the club to take a dump on their doorstep.

Percy Sugden 13th September 2021 11.41:47

There are a couple of valid issues but 95% is waffle I’m afraid. Out of interest, did you vote for or against the takeover?

MichaelP 13th September 2021 11.46:21

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2514341]There are a couple of valid issues but 95% is waffle I’m afraid. Out of interest, did you vote for or against the takeover?[/QUOTE]

What’s that got to do with anything how I voted?

But okay if it makes you happy I voted for the takeover.

All I know is that if wst made these mistakes oh you wouldn’t hear the last of it.

I myself personally haven’t been a big fan of the wst for the 2 or so years before the takeover but always look back on some good moments they achieved since the moss days.

forever_red 13th September 2021 11.48:15

Michael P

* I have sent this email already to Fleur and Geoff but had no response as of yet. Whilst some will say why put it on a messageboard then? I don’t have an answer apart from hoping someone can get the message sent to someone else.[/QUOTE]

You’d be fun on a night out.

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 11.48:34

The CEO is the focus, but when did you email her?

You are probably not the only complainant, so she and her team should be focusing on identifying the issues and understanding why it went so wrong before creating good processes to minimise the chances of a recurrence.

Better that than wasting her time acknowledging the issues rather than fixing them. If she ignores the issues — seems highly unlikely — or cannot resolve them then her boss HR needs to give her a verbal warning. She is paid to think big picture and delegate, not get into the weeds!

MichaelP 13th September 2021 11.51:03

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2514344]The CEO is the focus, but when did you email her?

You are probably not the only complainant, so she and her team should be focusing on identifying the issues and understanding why it went so wrong before creating good processes to minimise the chances of a recurrence.

Better that than wasting her time acknowledging the issues rather than fixing them. If she ignores the issues — seems highly unlikely — or cannot resolve them then her boss HR needs to give her a verbal warning. She is paid to think big picture and delegate, not get into the weeds![/QUOTE]

Saturday evening but have emailed everything bar the bottles being charged as pint cost week prior.

Percy Sugden 13th September 2021 11.55:17

*Shirts being sold online when you don’t have them in stock. [I][B]Not sure why this is an issue[/B][/I]
*Gin being sold online when you don’t have it in stock. [I][B]Again not really an issue, just don’t buy it[/B][/I]
*Gin being sold cheaper in Morrison’s Supermarkets in Wales than the club even though the club is meant to have exclusive rights. [I][B]Not sure where it’s been stated club are selling it exclusively[/B][/I]
*Getting supporters to stand in queues for their season tickets and then supporters finding out their season ticket hasn’t even arrived so they have to come back. Then they get sent out in post then not received so more long queues. [I][B]Agree this has been poor[/B][/I]
*Selling away match tickets without giving any priority to Season ticket holders. [I][B]Maybe there should be priority to season ticket holders but again you need to keep up with when they are going on sale.[/B][/I]
*No news on when shares that have been paid into the club prior to takeover will be coming back to those who paid. [I][B]WST issue surely?[/B][/I]
*Bottles being sold for same price as pints at Saturdays game v Woking. [I][B]Lol[/B][/I]
*Persons in positions at the club that don’t reply to supporters emails. [I][B]Is possibly an issue but it seems an isolated number of people on here that have an issue[/B][/I]
*Person in position at the club has left - own accord or pushed? [I][B]Lol. If only there was the same outcry when joey left[/I][/B]
*No open dialogue communication from the club apart from a weekly article in the Leader newspaper on a Thursday. [I][B]As opposed to the WST coverups?[/B][/I]

How much longer are we meant go be going on like this? The club is meant to becoming more professional since the new persons in posts. [I][B]More tickets sold than in any year I can remember and a team to get you out of your seat for the first time since the Morrell/Saunders days… just how long can this go on?[/I]
[/B]
Having advertising boards that alternate sponsors , attracting big name sponsors is all well and good but what about the basics communicating with your customers / supporters who quite frankly getting fed up.[I][B]lol[/B][/I]

Michael P

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514342]What’s that got to do with anything how I voted?

All I know is that if wst made these mistakes oh you wouldn’t hear the last of it.

I myself personally haven’t been a big fan of the wst for the 2 or so years before the takeover but always look back on some good moments they achieved since the moss days.[/QUOTE]

[B]Could you run through the WST achievements for me?[/B]

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 11.58:28

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514346]Saturday evening but have emailed everything bar the bottles being charged as pint cost week prior.[/QUOTE]

I would give her some more time. Expecting an answer so soon is a bit unrealistic.

louisleftboot 13th September 2021 11.59:25

It does seem to me that they want the football in order first, this kind of stuff is not priority number one.

MichaelP 13th September 2021 12.12:09

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2514350]Could you run through the WST achievements for me?[/QUOTE]

To expand on the drinks part of the email. A friend pointed out at the game that there was a4 piece of paper saying that Wrexham Pints [ draught ] was £4

Whereas then when the draught ran out the staff were passing off the bottles which is less volume as the same price. Would you be happy if say you were at a bar / pub and you got charged the exact same price for something that isn’t what you were expecting . That’s fine though eh ?

What have the wst done well?

*Took over the club and got it making money.
*Won the FA trophy.
*Got to another FA trophy final which wasn’t as good as first one of course.
*Got to the playoff final and on another day could of won it.
*98 point total in one season.
*2 FA cup 3rd rounds and on both occasions we could of got to the 4th round had it not been the last 15 minutes of stoke game and penalties of brighton replay game.
*Secured a lease for the ground with Glyndwr.
*Managed to obtain a full Welsh international game in a long time.
*Never in debt.
*Season tickets arrived without having to repeatedly queue up for them.
*Merchandise arrived and didn’t have to wait long timescales after paying.
*Felt part of the club in regards to being able to drink in the cent / 1864 which you cannot now unless you wave your money around.
*Attracted music artists to the ground- notably Stereophonics x 2.

Not bad for a supporter run club.

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 12.14:47

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514359]To expand on the drinks part of the email. A friend pointed out at the game that there was a4 piece of paper saying that Wrexham Pints [ draught ] was £4

Whereas then when the draught ran out the staff were passing off the bottles which is less volume as the same price. Would you be happy if say you were at a bar / pub and you got charged the exact same price for something that isn’t what you were expecting . That’s fine though eh ?

*Won the FA trophy.
*2 FA cup 3rd rounds and on both occasions we could of got to the 4th round had it not been the last 15 minutes of stoke game and penalties of brighton replay game.
*Never in debt.
*Felt part of the club in regards to being able to drink in the cent / 1864 which you cannot now unless you wave your money around.

Not bad for a supporter run club.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514304]Yes floodlight repairs would be good too but thought we had Barlows maintaining these ? Seen them at the ground at the Notts County game. [B]Unsure if they were at the Woking game as wasn’t personally in attendance.[/B][/QUOTE]

Why all the complaints if you weren’t even there?

Folk might label you a WUM if you aren’t careful!;)

JH-94 13th September 2021 12.15:39

Michael P

Can somebody ban this clown he's chatting utter rubbish on most threads.

Quite frankly most of the things you have raised here are non of your business. We don't own the club anymore.

TheRealWelshWayne 13th September 2021 12.18:04

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2514361]Why all the complaints if you weren’t even there?

Folk might label you a WUM if you aren’t careful!;)[/QUOTE]

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

MichaelP 13th September 2021 12.18:09

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2514361]Why all the complaints if you weren’t even there?

Folk might label you a WUM if you aren’t careful!;)[/QUOTE]

I was at the Notts county game and Curzon Ashton game.

The complaints are what I’ve seen , the only comment which I did not see with my eyes was the bottles being charged the same price as draught. A friend of mine was there. Everything else I have first hand experience of.

Hometown Unicorn 13th September 2021 12.19:23

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2514354]It does seem to me that they want the football in order first, this kind of stuff is not priority number one.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but there's little excuse for manky seats.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 12.19:30

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514359]To expand on the drinks part of the email. A friend pointed out at the game that there was a4 piece of paper saying that Wrexham Pints [ draught ] was £4

*Took over the club and got it making money. [B]I'd argue they weren't 'making money'. We spent only what we made. Which clearly wasn't enough in the end.[/B]
*Won the FA trophy. [B]Think that was the team that won it...[/B]
*Got to another FA trophy final which wasn’t as good as first one of course. [B]We don't mention that one..[/B]
*Got to the playoff final and on another day could of won it. [B]But we didn't so not really an achievement of the WST, more of the team...[/B]
*98 point total in one season. [B]Using a team built under previous owners on the whole[/B]
*2 FA cup 3rd rounds and on both occasions we could of got to the 4th round had it not been the last 15 minutes of stoke game and penalties of brighton replay game. [B] Again, you can say what if for any game....I still don't see how this is a reflection of the trust running the club, more an on pitch thing.[/B]
*Secured a lease for the ground with Glyndwr. [B] Thats a viable one[/B]
*Managed to obtain a full Welsh international game in a long time. [B]And that[/B]
*Never in debt. [B] See my earlier point. But we were never in debt (supposedly) but yet we squandered millions...[/B]
*Season tickets arrived without having to repeatedly queue up for them. [B]Cant argue with that, although we had almost 4000 less season tickets..[/B]
*Merchandise arrived and didn’t have to wait long timescales after paying. [B]Did they have to deal with such high demand though?[/B]
*Felt part of the club in regards to being able to drink in the cent / 1864 which you cannot now unless you wave your money around. [B]Not really something you can laud WST with though, the approach now is more professional, brings money in and is pretty much how most clubs do it.[/B]
*Attracted music artists to the ground- notably Stereophonics x 2. [B]Fair point. But the new owners haven't had a chance to do it themselves so can't compare.[/B]

Answered your points with my opinions..

JH-94 13th September 2021 12.19:45

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514364]I was at the Notts county game and Curzon Ashton game.

The complaints are what I’ve seen , the only comment which I did not see with my eyes was the bottles being charged the same price as draught. A friend of mine was there. Everything else I have first hand experience of.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should ask when they plan on replacing the barriers on the Kop with a sofa you can hide behind in your mask?

BuckleyDerbyRob 13th September 2021 12.20:57

Is it just me or is this the most irritating thread on here for some time?

Does anyone think that those in charge are unaware of the problems and are not trying to sort them out?

For God's sake people, just stop whining like spoilt brats and grow up a bit... Things take time and will get addressed - do you expect things to magically be remedied by a click of fingers?

Unbelievable... and RP Gold. Have some patience at least.

Hightown Brymbo Red 13th September 2021 12.23:36

*Won the FA trophy.
*Never in debt.

You forgot the dodgy loans?
Spending 1.8 million Ward money on what?
Security guards employed so the elite could watch the matches in peace
Sacking Joey
The shambles of the ticketing of the Grimsby match
The lies about playing budgets
Cash and cheques left in a car ( to be later stolen)
Taking us to the bottom of the league
Employing of cheap options as managers
Signing us up to a ridiculous and unaffordable deal to rent the Racecourse.
Facilities not improved for years accepting unhygienic toilets etc
Poor quality food outlets

So glad we have our club back

MichaelP 13th September 2021 12.24:10

[QUOTE=fezbob;2514340]

Perhaps there are some fans who would be happy for the club to take a dump on their doorstep.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t be surprised.

MichaelP 13th September 2021 12.25:49

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2514366]I agree, but there's little excuse for manky seats.[/QUOTE]

Quit moaning and your a clown !

If you listen to JH-94

Trodat 13th September 2021 12.25:58

Some people are just never happy

JH-94 13th September 2021 12.27:07

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514375]Quit moaning and your a clown !

If you listen to JH-94[/QUOTE]

Shall we all have a guess what the P stands for?

My guess is Plonker :huh2:

RexRentFree 13th September 2021 12.27:57

Michael P

It’s strange that you start the email by saying they will already be aware of these issues but proceed to list them anyway.

Your point seems to be more questioning a lack of communication and wanting updates regarding what action is being taken to address various issues. However I don’t feel a private business or football club needs to provide chapter and verse on what’s going on behind the scenes on a daily basis.

If I have an issue with Amazon I don’t write an email to Jeff Bezos asking him to issue regular press communication on why my order hasn’t been fulfilled and also any other perceived issue at Amazon.

We’re all aware of the massive increase in demand for everything and gradually this will be resolved, but writing emails to the CEO and posting them on here comes across virtue signalling and point scoring.

Bad Attitude 13th September 2021 12.28:02

A bit of patience needed but also it's not difficult to get some temps in to help with admin or to jet wash the seats in the Border Stand. Excuse could be that the stand wasn't handed over from the refurb contractors till late on, but would expect something to be done before Saturday.

Cenotaff 13th September 2021 12.29:36

A nice simple change would be to have a steward on the Mold Road (the actual road) directing Wrexrent fans to the correct turnstiles. People were queuing down the road in one giant line assuming it was for all turnstiles when it was a case of people joining the queue for the first turnstile. When you're walking up from town you're not going to know that.

Just 1 steward on the road could have cleared some chaos/confusion. Some signs high inside the concourse directing people to male/female toilets, seating sections would help too. When it's rammed in there you can't see much information.

Not digs, just some simple stuff that can help going forward.

Foxy 13th September 2021 12.29:54

I’m guessing that the name “MichaelP” is a red herring , and that this guy is one of the “31”.

MichaelP 13th September 2021 12.32:55

[QUOTE=Foxy;2514383]I’m guessing that the name “MichaelP” is a red herring , and that this guy is one of the “31”.[/QUOTE]

Foxy see page 2 I have copied it here for you to save you going back to page 2.

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514342]What’s that got to do with anything how I voted?

I myself personally haven’t been a big fan of the wst for the 2 or so years before the takeover but always look back on some good moments they achieved since the moss days.[/QUOTE]

Foxy 13th September 2021 12.36:01

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514384]Foxy see page 2 I have copied it here for you to save you going back to page 2.[/QUOTE]

I saw that, but could easily be a decoy move. We know how some of the “31” like to operate.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 12.37:29

So much bait in the water today..... :)

MichaelP 13th September 2021 12.37:49

[QUOTE=Foxy;2514389]I saw that, but could easily be a decoy move. We know how some of the “31” like to operate.[/QUOTE]

Believe what you want to believe. It’s no skin off my nose.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.47:01.