RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Season ticket sales (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118275-season-ticket-sales.html)

Hightown Brymbo Red 13th September 2021 13.26:48

Season ticket sales

Reading Shaun Harvey's article in Saturday's programme showing how the financial model they are using is sustainable.
5834 Season tickets have been sold and 7000 shirts and in addition sponsorship generated of over 1 million.
The article also mentions the Wrexrent concourse to be extended further to include segregated facilities to in time could be where we accommodate visiting supporters to meet EFL capacity requirements.
All sounds very postitive

fezbob 13th September 2021 13.28:54

Re: Season ticket sales

Only saw pictures but the quality of the renovation under the WrexRent looked decent. I know there were teething issues in terms of the bar service but hopefully that can be sorted with extra staff etc.

Hightown Brymbo Red 13th September 2021 13.33:36

[QUOTE=fezbob;2514436]Only saw pictures but the quality of the renovation under the WrexRent looked decent. I know there were teething issues in terms of the bar service but hopefully that can be sorted with extra staff etc.[/QUOTE]

I have to say I was impressed with the renovation.The toilets were clean and plentiful! .Basically where there was opening fencing is now bricked toilets. With Jones's bar moved to the opposite side.
The concourse was like any big event busy! With people chatting and drinking

Wxm boy 13th September 2021 14.27:51

[QUOTE=fezbob;2514436]Only saw pictures but the quality of the renovation under the WrexRent looked decent. I know there were teething issues in terms of the bar service but hopefully that can be sorted with extra staff etc.[/QUOTE]

It's not just extra staff, they need to change how they work as it's very inefficient. The person serving you takes your order, takes payment, then get and pours your drinks. They should have people pre-pouring drinks the others just taking the money and giving them out. Likewise they should pre pour loads of drinks just before half time, ready to sell when the whistle goes.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

tokyored 13th September 2021 14.35:04

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2514469] Likewise they should pre pour loads of drinks just before half time, ready to sell when the whistle goes.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Asked about this a couple of years back and was told they weren't allowed to even open bottles until the whistle goes.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2021 14.38:42

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2514469]It's not just extra staff, they need to change how they work as it's very inefficient. The person serving you takes your order, takes payment, then get and pours your drinks. They should have people pre-pouring drinks the others just taking the money and giving them out. Likewise they should pre pour loads of drinks just before half time, ready to sell when the whistle goes.

This. For a venue with as much demand as is happening, it makes common sense to have separate people selling and then providing the drinks.

andy buckley 13th September 2021 14.45:26

[QUOTE=tokyored;2514473]Asked about this a couple of years back and was told they weren't allowed to even open bottles until the whistle goes.[/QUOTE]

And yet at Solihull I went to the bar in the ground and got a pint 5 minutes after the game had started. I think the problem is you can't take alcohol and view the game. At Solihull steward on the bar door was stopping you from drinking outside. Probably not possible to stop people from leaving the concourse at wrexham and heading to their seats.

Wxm boy 13th September 2021 14.53:04

[QUOTE=tokyored;2514473]Asked about this a couple of years back and was told they weren't allowed to even open bottles until the whistle goes.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like bull sh1t. They aren't allowed to sell until half time.

Even so, they should still have separate people just pouring them out.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

138+NotOut 13th September 2021 15.02:45

Yeah that's what I've been told. Surely the license isn't that restrictive. Beer should be pre poured and ready to sell at HT. Any waste would be offset by the increase in sales anyway a fair few times over

TWREX 13th September 2021 19.26:16

Had to chuckle Saturday well before kick off. When a lady walked into the bottom of the MRS carrying a pint of lager with a youngster at her side.
Seemed quite peeved when the steward had a word.Obviously not a fan of very long.

OneLoveWrexham 13th September 2021 20.00:06

[QUOTE=TWREX;2514594]Had to chuckle Saturday well before kick off. When a lady walked into the bottom of the MRS carrying a pint of lager with a youngster at her side.
Seemed quite peeved when the steward had a word.Obviously not a fan of very long.[/QUOTE]
There were a few of these in the tech end, the old Stewart asked the first 2 to go back down to drink and they just walked off to the back of the stand.

redknight 14th September 2021 05.54:02

It is mad how laws are different to cricket and rugby but all goes back to football hooliganism I believe.

[url]https://sgsa.org.uk/alcohol-at-football-grounds/[/url]

Ddraigoch 14th September 2021 06.23:27

A few observations

I saw people purchasing alcohol from the Shell garage and drinking it on Mold Road. Drinking from a glass or a bottle was a definite happening and should be a no-no. Isn’t Mold Road a non alcohol area anyway? I’m fairly certain there were restrictions about drinking on the pavement previously. Maybe it’s been revoked?

The queues under the MRS caused quite a bit of angst at half time with people joining a queue from both sides, whilst the smaller bars remained closed. To be fair, as we know trying to get staff at the moment is very difficult and I am sure they would be grateful for any help they could get. The more staff, the quicker you would get served. Having the right money would also quicken the queue.

As for removing bottle tops in readiness for half time etc in the current climate is probably fraught with concern but they could try having 50 bottles ready for people paying cash and having the right money. That would certainly have alleviated a queue in the MRS on Saturday.

Hometown Unicorn 14th September 2021 07.28:39

Food and beer is going out of the same place now. Recipe for disaster unfortunately.

I'm not really arsed about getting a beer at half time these days though. Before, missing 10 minutes of the 2nd half was a blessing but now I don't want to miss a thing.

WREX01 14th September 2021 08.00:59

Did i see it mentioned that we could be looking to extend the concourse across the corner and underneath where the away fans are currently sat? I'm sure it was mentioned as a future plan when possibly back in the football league and attracting larger away followings.
Obviously there would have the be a wall of some sort between both sets of fans.

Iggy Pop 14th September 2021 08.05:16

[QUOTE=WREX01;2514699]Did i see it mentioned that we could be looking to extend the concourse across the corner and underneath where the away fans are currently sat? I'm sure it was mentioned as a future plan when possibly back in the football league and attracting larger away followings.
Obviously there would have the be a wall of some sort between both sets of fans.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read that somewhere as well.

Ooh aah Paskin 14th September 2021 12.21:00

[QUOTE=WREX01;2514699]Did i see it mentioned that we could be looking to extend the concourse across the corner and underneath where the away fans are currently sat? I'm sure it was mentioned as a future plan when possibly back in the football league and attracting larger away followings.
Obviously there would have the be a wall of some sort between both sets of fans.[/QUOTE]

It was in an article recently...cant remember where but it it is definitely the plan.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 14th September 2021 12.27:45

Wouldn't that mean joining the two stands together.?

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 12.28:14

This is what we need for hotdogs, burgers, snacks and soft drinks.

[YOUTUBE]/_BymZc8Viu8[/YOUTUBE]

Ooh aah Paskin 14th September 2021 12.34:41

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2514789]Wouldn't that mean joining the two stands together.?[/QUOTE]

I guess they plan to put the big scoreboard thing we are getting from Brighton in that corner.

So you can't use it for seating if thats the case.

So why not just build a single layer 'concourse' out from the Yale stand, One that could always be built upon in the future. It doesn't need to link with the Wrexrent stand.
You could have toilet facilities and a bar and takeaway food in a space that big easy.

TheRealWelshWayne 14th September 2021 12.46:00

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2514469]It's not just extra staff, they need to change how they work as it's very inefficient. The person serving you takes your order, takes payment, then get and pours your drinks. They should have people pre-pouring drinks the others just taking the money and giving them out. Likewise they should pre pour loads of drinks just before half time, ready to sell when the whistle goes.

Standard practice at large scale events.

Ordering takes 5 seconds
Pouring a pint takes 30 seconds minimum
walking over and back takes 10 seconds
paying takes 10-15 seconds.

Even without pre-pouring, you can almost double your sales with the same amount of staff. Going from 30 pints to close to 60 every 15 minutes. so £120 to £240 sales per two staff.

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 12.56:38

This video is 10 years old. TEN YEARS!

It shows what is possible. The initial investment would be worth it. Just make payment by card only. A bucket for coin donations to cover the old who don't have the tech.

[YOUTUBE]wiu_IX14wLI[/YOUTUBE]

EnglishRed 14th September 2021 13.07:07

Witchcraft

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 13.23:39

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2514803]Witchcraft[/QUOTE]

People queuing up nicely would be the witchcraft!

Ooh aah Paskin 14th September 2021 13.49:46

That's heresy right there!
Pints don't fill from the bottom....
Burn them at the stake I tell you...

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.10:21.