RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking Covid Cases (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118277-woking-covid-cases.html)

Iggy Pop 13th September 2021 17.13:50

Re: Woking Covid Cases

This could get out of hand. I'm not suggesting that either Woking or Alty are doing this, but teams are going to start playing the covid card if they don't fancy their chances in their next game, due to injuries or their opponent being in good form

rob_1072 13th September 2021 17.27:19

[QUOTE=Iggy Pop;2514555]This could get out of hand. I'm not suggesting that either Woking or Alty are doing this, but teams are going to start playing the covid card if they don't fancy their chances in their next game, due to injuries or their opponent being in good form[/QUOTE]

Yeah I imagine teams will but will have to play the games before a certain date and will be making a challenge for themselves having to catch up on missed games.

Iggy Pop 13th September 2021 19.02:36

Yeovil and Chesterfield play each other on Saturday now. They were due to play Alty and Woking respectively.

petered 13th September 2021 20.34:15

[QUOTE=Iggy Pop;2514555]This could get out of hand. I'm not suggesting that either Woking or Alty are doing this, but teams are going to start playing the covid card if they don't fancy their chances in their next game, due to injuries or their opponent being in good form[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. If someone I work with gets covid,I don't need to go off. If the league want to avoid a total embarrassment going forward ,they need to step in now. How can Woking dictate this?

Foxy 13th September 2021 20.39:34

[QUOTE=petered;2514611]Exactly this. If someone I work with gets covid,I don't need to go off. If the league want to avoid a total embarrassment going forward ,they need to step in now. How can Woking dictate this?[/QUOTE]

India managed to call off a Test match when none of them had Covid. It’s a scandal the way it’s being used as an excuse.

andy buckley 13th September 2021 21.07:08

[QUOTE=petered;2514611]Exactly this. If someone I work with gets covid,I don't need to go off. If the league want to avoid a total embarrassment going forward ,they need to step in now. How can Woking dictate this?[/QUOTE]

Woking arent dictating it, the games are off as per the national league covid practices and procedures whether we agree or like them is a different story.

MichaelP 13th September 2021 21.59:58

Players that opt to not get jabbed should be fined if games get postponed as a result.

Clubs that collectively have players that don’t get jabbed should be fined and points deducted if games get postponed as a result.

Like some have already said the National League need to step in now to save the season becoming more of a farce.

forever_red 13th September 2021 23.10:12

perhaps MichaelP could send the conference an email

Ooh aah Paskin 14th September 2021 07.44:50

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514646]Players that opt to not get jabbed should be fined if games get postponed as a result.

Clubs that collectively have players that don’t get jabbed should be fined and points deducted if games get postponed as a result.

Like some have already said the National League need to step in now to save the season becoming more of a farce.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, having the vaccine or not is a voluntary decision. You can't fine someone for making a choice they are perfectly allowed to make.

As it stands the government aren't enforcing the jab on anyone, or giving employers the power to police vaccination of staff as they see fit.

Until either the law changes or National league guidelines change it's something we have to put up with.

You could send an email I suppose......

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.14:53.