RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   GRIMSBY TOWN (A) - Thoughts and Predictions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118279-grimsby-town-thoughts-predictions.html)

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 08.51:58

Re: GRIMSBY TOWN (A) - Thoughts and Predictions

3-1 reds. James Jones, Mullin and Hayden with the goals for us.

Wrexy 14th September 2021 08.54:47

[QUOTE=BuckleyDerbyRob;2514718]Thanks Les, I've just got to Woodhall Spa for a round of golf on the way and it's OK here but looks ready to tip it down!

Looking forward to the match later:)[/QUOTE]

Woodhall Spa - nice course!

Helsby Red 14th September 2021 09.06:56

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514703]Nice and dry here at the moment but rain forecast for later on this morning and most of the afternoon.

If I hear anything about the game being off I will let you all know, although I would think most will be leaving before a decision is made.[/QUOTE]

:) Nice 1 Les!!

Drury-red 14th September 2021 09.35:44

[url]https://twitter.com/jstockwood/status/1437706922803748866[/url]

Looks like the covers are going on. Can only increase chances of game going ahead

Bissell 14th September 2021 09.38:40

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514703]Nice and dry here at the moment but rain forecast for later on this morning and most of the afternoon.

If I hear anything about the game being off I will let you all know, although I would think most will be leaving before a decision is made.[/QUOTE]

Nice One.

which chippy would you recommend?

awill 14th September 2021 09.38:52

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514639]2-1 to Grimsby I’m afraid.[/QUOTE]

Why are you afraid ?

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 09.46:00

[QUOTE=Bissell;2514740]Nice One.

which chippy would you recommend?[/QUOTE]

Ideally, the ones in Cleethorpes Market Place. Steels for a sit down meal or Ernie Becketts across the road for a takeaway or there's The Ocean Fish Bar on St.Peters Ave.

I've never used it mind but the chippy called G8 White Fish near the ground (just past the ground going away from Cleethorpes) does seem very popular.

Just started raining here now but nothing to worry about yet.

sionwxm 14th September 2021 09.51:25

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514743]Ideally, the ones in Cleethorpes Market Place. Steels for a sit down meal or Ernie Becketts across the road for a takeaway or there's The Ocean Fish Bar on St.Peters Ave.

I've never used it mind but the chippy called G8 White Fish near the ground (just past the ground going away from Cleethorpes) does seem very popular.

Just started raining here now but nothing to worry about yet.[/QUOTE]

5live reporting there could be month’s worth of rainfall in your area this afternoon. Hope the pitch holds up. Will be a real shame if it’s off, although might not be the end of the world for us as we are light in midfield at the moment especially with a couple of injuries and suspensions.

Wrexhamforever95 14th September 2021 09.52:49

I’d take a draw now. But after a tough start, injury & suspension making us look light in midfield I see us losing. 2-0 to Grimsby

Back of the Kop 14th September 2021 09.54:43

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2514745]5live reporting there could be month’s worth of rainfall in your area this afternoon. Hope the pitch holds up. Will be a real shame if it’s off, although might not be the end of the world for us as we are light in midfield at the moment especially with a couple of injuries and suspensions.[/QUOTE]

Agree, wouldn't be a disaster for us if it's off. Run of fixtures we have is particularly difficult so to play this one later in the season when we've gelled a little more could be the best outcome

NottsRed 14th September 2021 09.55:51

1-1. Wouldn't be a bad result considering the midfield issues we have.

Absolutely lashing it down here so i imagine its the same up in Grimsby.

MichaelP 14th September 2021 09.58:46

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2514749]

Absolutely lashing it down here so i imagine its the same up in Grimsby.[/QUOTE]

If BBC weather anything to go by

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652885[/url]

MichaelP 14th September 2021 10.10:21

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514743]Ideally, the ones in Cleethorpes Market Place. Steels for a sit down meal or Ernie Becketts across the road for a takeaway or there's The Ocean Fish Bar on St.Peters Ave.

Just started raining here now but nothing to worry about yet.[/QUOTE]

Les - off subject but notice both your team and Southend have agreed to have the 2 matches between you on Friday nights. Is this due to trying to get more supporters in as opposed to a Saturday afternoon ?

Then I notice BT have picked your game in November still keeping it to a Friday night but must of annoyed your club ?

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 11.12:11

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2514755]Les - off subject but notice both your team and Southend have agreed to have the 2 matches between you on Friday nights. Is this due to trying to get more supporters in as opposed to a Saturday afternoon ?

Then I notice BT have picked your game in November still keeping it to a Friday night but must of annoyed your club ?[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure why they were changed to Friday nights to be honest but I know that historically Southend have regularly played on Friday night to save clashing with West Ham games on a Saturday but not sure why we've switched ours, although we usually have one or two Friday night games a season which always seem to draw a decent attendance.

As you say though our home game in November is now live on BT Sport, so no need to change from the Friday kick-off time.

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 11.19:38

6700 tickets now sold for tonight. Hopefully we'll all get to see a game as the rain is coming down a lot heavier now.

No mention of any pitch inspection yet though.

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 11.25:22

Early covers was a good move. If all else fails, a game of water polo to settle it?

Colonel D 14th September 2021 11.28:34

1-1 I think as the pressure will be on them , especially if they don’t score in the first half.

Superunknown 14th September 2021 11.32:42

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2514773]Early covers was a good move. If all else fails, a game of water polo to settle it?[/QUOTE]

They’re for snow and frost rather than rain so not sure how much use they’ll be sadly. Better than nothing mind.

JonoWafc 14th September 2021 11.39:48

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514772]6700 tickets now sold for tonight. Hopefully we'll all get to see a game as the rain is coming down a lot heavier now.

No mention of any pitch inspection yet though.[/QUOTE]

Superb attendance for a Tuesday night, although admit it Les you’ve only come to see the Hollywood reds :D

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 12.00:27

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2514776]Superb attendance for a Tuesday night, although admit it Les you’ve only come to see the Hollywood reds :D[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. To be honest, there's a real feelgood factor around the club at the minute. I've not known anything like it for a long time. All due to finally getting rid of the Fenty millstone that's been around our neck.

I reckon it wouldn't really matter who we were playing tonight to be honest, I think you'd still get roughly the same amount of home fans there. Going by comments on our forum there are loads of fans going again now who wouldn't have been there had Fenty still been owner.

Back of the Kop 14th September 2021 12.11:10

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2514776]Superb attendance for a Tuesday night, although admit it Les you’ve only come to see the Hollywood reds :D[/QUOTE]

There's definitely an element of that I reckon !

I can hear a few chants of "You've only come to see the Wrexham" this evening.lol

sionwxm 14th September 2021 12.35:44

Just watched their highlights v Barnet and that Sousa on the right hand side looks a big threat. Jamie Reckord will have to be on top of his game tonight, as do all our players. They play some good stuff should be a good match.

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 12.42:48

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2514792]Just watched their highlights v Barnet and that Sousa on the right hand side looks a big threat. Jamie Reckord will have to be on top of his game tonight, as do all our players. They play some good stuff should be a good match.[/QUOTE]

As much as I've been pro Green, Reckord has stepped up in the main and seems to be doing well with better players with him, giving him an option and keeping him calm. His end product needs work but he's definitely a lot more solid at the back whilst smart with his moves forward. Should be a good battle! Maybe we're seeing the Reckord that people from other clubs respected.

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 12.44:38

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2514792]Just watched their highlights v Barnet and that Sousa on the right hand side looks a big threat. Jamie Reckord will have to be on top of his game tonight, as do all our players. They play some good stuff should be a good match.[/QUOTE]
Not a bad 1st goal from our right-back Michee Efete here either. (1m 50 in) :)

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZXKE_GuZkA[/url]

Drury-red 14th September 2021 12.47:19

Any weather updates Les?

krux 14th September 2021 12.57:16

This has got draw written all over it - 1-1, maybe 2-2

Wrexy 14th September 2021 13.05:22

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514796]Not a bad 1st goal from our right-back Michee Efete here either. (1m 50 in) :)

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZXKE_GuZkA[/url][/QUOTE]

Your 15 Harry Clifton (Wales U21) looks rapid

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 13.09:32

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2514798]Any weather updates Les?[/QUOTE]

Still raining. Not that hard though. No mention of a pitch inspection at all yet.

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 13.10:28

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2514802]Your 15 Harry Clifton (Wales U21) looks rapid[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's come on a lot in the last season or so has Harry. Pretty much nailed down his spot in our midfield now.

pricey 14th September 2021 13.17:32

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2514795]As much as I've been pro Green, Reckord has stepped up in the main and seems to be doing well with better players with him, giving him an option and keeping him calm. His end product needs work but he's definitely a lot more solid at the back whilst smart with his moves forward. Should be a good battle! Maybe we're seeing the Reckord that people from other clubs respected.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking similar. I've slated Reckord in the past, but fair play he looks massively improved this season. We are starting to look strong all over the pitch, but I fear Grimsby on a wet Tuesday night might be a step too far this early in the season. Hopefully I'm wrong about that too! COYR

BloodRed 14th September 2021 13.28:31

Tough one to call but it will be a close one. 1-1 I think

One stick on prediction is SP to go down flailing his arms and screaming like a stuck pig when GTFC swing in a corner or free kick. Unlike the hundreds of times he did that for us he will actually win a pen this time ha ha!

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 13.30:39

A home sell out now.

[url]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/a-message-to-our-supporters/[/url]

sionwxm 14th September 2021 13.32:26

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514810]A home sell out now.

[url]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/a-message-to-our-supporters/[/url][/QUOTE]

Good effort. Be a good game for us to win. COYR

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 13.32:50

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514810]A home sell out now.

[url]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/a-message-to-our-supporters/[/url][/QUOTE]

The draw of seeing Mullin put one away ;)

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 13.35:10

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2514811]Good effort. Be a good game for us to win. COYR[/QUOTE]

That's what worries me. More than often when we have a really large crowd at home we end up losing. Hopefully not tonight though.

JonoWafc 14th September 2021 13.37:01

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514813]That's what worries me. More than often when we have a really large crowd at home we end up losing. Hopefully not tonight though.[/QUOTE]

Yep that’s also been the Wrexham way for many years - usually when the cameras are on too

sionwxm 14th September 2021 13.40:08

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514813]That's what worries me. More than often when we have a really large crowd at home we end up losing. Hopefully not tonight though.[/QUOTE]

That’s what normally happens with us when we get a big crowd at the Racecourse. Like the time you beat us 0-1 on our 150th anniversary day.

FB6244 14th September 2021 15.45:35

I feel like Wrexham will score a late winner to take it 2-1.

joe 14th September 2021 16.17:48

Arrived in Grimsby, doesn’t seem to have rained too heavily and is currently overcast. Should be fine.

BuckleyDerbyRob 14th September 2021 16.35:12

[QUOTE=joe;2514840]Arrived in Grimsby, doesn’t seem to have rained too heavily and is currently overcast. Should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Yes looking OK for later. Got wet golfing but dried off and got a bite to eat in Louth - just waiting for the match now:)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.20:23.