RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   GRIMSBY TOWN (A) - Thoughts and Predictions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118279-grimsby-town-thoughts-predictions.html)

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 11.19:38

Re: GRIMSBY TOWN (A) - Thoughts and Predictions

6700 tickets now sold for tonight. Hopefully we'll all get to see a game as the rain is coming down a lot heavier now.

No mention of any pitch inspection yet though.

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 11.25:22

Early covers was a good move. If all else fails, a game of water polo to settle it?

Colonel D 14th September 2021 11.28:34

1-1 I think as the pressure will be on them , especially if they don’t score in the first half.

Superunknown 14th September 2021 11.32:42

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2514773]Early covers was a good move. If all else fails, a game of water polo to settle it?[/QUOTE]

They’re for snow and frost rather than rain so not sure how much use they’ll be sadly. Better than nothing mind.

JonoWafc 14th September 2021 11.39:48

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514772]6700 tickets now sold for tonight. Hopefully we'll all get to see a game as the rain is coming down a lot heavier now.

No mention of any pitch inspection yet though.[/QUOTE]

Superb attendance for a Tuesday night, although admit it Les you’ve only come to see the Hollywood reds :D

les.gtfc 14th September 2021 12.00:27

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2514776]Superb attendance for a Tuesday night, although admit it Les you’ve only come to see the Hollywood reds :D[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. To be honest, there's a real feelgood factor around the club at the minute. I've not known anything like it for a long time. All due to finally getting rid of the Fenty millstone that's been around our neck.

I reckon it wouldn't really matter who we were playing tonight to be honest, I think you'd still get roughly the same amount of home fans there. Going by comments on our forum there are loads of fans going again now who wouldn't have been there had Fenty still been owner.

Back of the Kop 14th September 2021 12.11:10

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2514776]Superb attendance for a Tuesday night, although admit it Les you’ve only come to see the Hollywood reds :D[/QUOTE]

There's definitely an element of that I reckon !

I can hear a few chants of "You've only come to see the Wrexham" this evening.lol

sionwxm 14th September 2021 12.35:44

Just watched their highlights v Barnet and that Sousa on the right hand side looks a big threat. Jamie Reckord will have to be on top of his game tonight, as do all our players. They play some good stuff should be a good match.

Cenotaff 14th September 2021 12.42:48

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2514792]Just watched their highlights v Barnet and that Sousa on the right hand side looks a big threat. Jamie Reckord will have to be on top of his game tonight, as do all our players. They play some good stuff should be a good match.[/QUOTE]

As much as I've been pro Green, Reckord has stepped up in the main and seems to be doing well with better players with him, giving him an option and keeping him calm. His end product needs work but he's definitely a lot more solid at the back whilst smart with his moves forward. Should be a good battle! Maybe we're seeing the Reckord that people from other clubs respected.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.16:11.