Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th September 2021, 08.58:03   #154-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Grimsby Reaction 3-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
If you call 19th just outside he play-offs.....Nice try

Think Newport are suffering a play-off hangover or in for a tough season?
Hard to tell at this stage to be honest. Lost a lot of key players and seem to have replaced them with quantity rather than quality.

I think we'll probably finish lower mid-table this time around, but we have a lot of young players coming through from the academy, so hopefully that will serve us well longer term.
Old 15th September 2021, 09.04:13   #155-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rncfc View Post
Personally I don't think this is good enough. We've spent all this money and are already settling into our normal position just outside the play-offs.

Parkinson out.
Old 15th September 2021, 09.11:16   #156-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.gtfc View Post
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that last night and I did think that we deserved the win. Both teams looked decent in spells though and I reckon both will be up there come the end of the season.

That's the 3rd game on the trot now, we've won after going behind, I reckon we're going to let everyone score first.

We succumbed to the first rule of football for your goal "Play to the whistle" as we seemed to stop waiting for the referee to blow for a free kick. By the way, I thought that the ref was pretty poor last night.

Great equaliser for us but a free header for the goal that put us in front, and the 3rd came when you were pressing for the equaliser as we broke away, and Wright kept his calm to take it round the keeper to clinch the win for us. Not a bad turnout from your fans for a night game and best wishes for the rest of the season (apart from when we visit The Racecourse obviously).
All good points Les and agree that you deserved the win.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day, until your equaliser of course and it was great to be in a fullish ground with two sets of proper supporters.

I didn't think we were as bad as some are making out on here and that both teams had decent spells - though it is taking us longer to gel and our midfield has its obvious problems. Very impressed with the way you gave everything for each other and Hunt and Tower stood out for me. Do you reckon you will be able to keep them on lian after January? Hope not

Anyway, all the best and let's hope we get another good game in the return - with a different result of course!
Old 15th September 2021, 09.57:32   #157-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Question Re: Grimsby (A) Ratings
Has anyone thought of the defence passing it to a midfield player and giving them a chance to play forward. I agree sometimes you have to clear the ball but try passing through the midfield and let's see if we can create something for the forwards instead of hoofing it upfield.
Old 15th September 2021, 10.03:21   #158-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckleyDerbyRob View Post
All good points Les and agree that you deserved the win.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day, until your equaliser of course and it was great to be in a fullish ground with two sets of proper supporters.

I didn't think we were as bad as some are making out on here and that both teams had decent spells - though it is taking us longer to gel and our midfield has its obvious problems. Very impressed with the way you gave everything for each other and Hunt and Tower stood out for me. Do you reckon you will be able to keep them on lian after January? Hope not

Anyway, all the best and let's hope we get another good game in the return - with a different result of course!
Hopefully, both have been superb for us in the time they have been here. Towler only made his debut on Saturday but has looked like he's played here a long time and had fitted in superbly and is currently keeping Shaun Pearson out of the team. Hunt has been a breath of fresh air too and hasn't had a bad game for us yet, despite only looking about 12.

Hopefully we'll get to keep them both until the end of the season.

On another note, I was outside the GR8 White Fish chippy last night for a bit and there were a few Wrexham fans in there with a couple saying that it had been recommended to them. Might have been what I posted yesterday.

Last edited by les.gtfc; 15th September 2021 at 10.05:04..
Old 15th September 2021, 10.19:20   #159-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road kop end

Just been on the fishy forum, apparently Grimsby won the league last night
Old 15th September 2021, 10.22:06   #160-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: In your seat
Twitter: @Only1Carter

Cracking atmosphere, shit result and a performance which exposed our midfield weaknesses. I'm not panicking - we all knew this squad was one or two midfielders short of being a side capable of dominating a top team like Grimsby away from home.

This was always going to be Grimsby's night.

I think the team we have is easily good enough to finish in the top five. Our midfield issues won't be a problem against the bottom-half teams and we'll have enough quality to pick off the teams who come to the Racecourse and sit back. We have been handed a very tough set of fixtures and 9-points with just one loss is OK.

The key, as many have said will be January. If we can stay within touching distance of first-place and recruit some quality midfielders we'll have a shot at the title.

Oh, to the person who screamed at Dibble during the warm up calling him the shittest keeper he's ever seen and trying to get the 'I'd rather wear a turban' chant going...you're an embarrassment to yourself and the club.

Last edited by Drury-red; 15th September 2021 at 10.23:57..
Old 15th September 2021, 10.25:45   #161-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by percy vere View Post
Just been on the fishy forum, apparently Grimsby won the league last night
Not sure where you get that impression from. Of course there are a few getting carried away, as I'm sure some of your fans would be had you won last night, but the majority of our fans are realistic and know it's still going to be a long hard season.
Old 15th September 2021, 10.26:13   #162-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Sounds like it was grim in Grimsby last night

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.33:20.