RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Grimsby Reaction 3-1 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118290-grimsby-reaction-3-1-a.html)

Colonel D 14th September 2021 20.39:32

Grimsby Reaction 3-1

Didn't deserve anything and that is precisely what happened.
Jordan Davies really missed.

Funny_Old_Game 14th September 2021 20.40:35

Re: Grimsby Reaction

Fully expected a defeat so not too bothered really.

sionwxm 14th September 2021 20.40:52

2 bloody tough games coming up.

louisleftboot 14th September 2021 20.41:46

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2515275]Fully expected a defeat so not too bothered really.[/QUOTE]

This pretty much. One look at the line up and we knew.

Dougie Davies 14th September 2021 20.42:23

You don't win games with no midfield. Simple.

MJ6987 14th September 2021 20.42:44

Grimsby are a decent team, we were always going to struggle with that midfield. We could still make the play offs though if we sort that out in January.

OriginalRhylRed 14th September 2021 20.42:53

same old same old

El Jonez 14th September 2021 20.43:47

PP got the selection wrong and put his faith in Redmond who hasn’t played a competitive game in 2 years.

MacAlinden came on and we sounded much better.

Liverpool Red 14th September 2021 20.44:00

We’re a long way off being a title winning side. Sounds like they (rightly) targeted Cleworth. Midfield non-existent by the sounds of it. Too many long balls going by the Radio Wales commentary. Those who made the long journey will be able to offer better insight.

WV1 14th September 2021 20.44:19

Rubbish.

Been underwhelmed with performances so far, so this doesn’t surprise me.

Lack of midfield is killing us, why wasn’t this addressed?

Trouble is, we’re stuck to this formation, because there’s no wingers at the club what so ever.

Dai83 14th September 2021 20.44:42

I said in the match thread, take all the fanfare away and it's been mediocre at best. 2 wins in 6, a stubborn formation, because we don't have the squad to change it and like it or not, the make up of the midfield is crap. One of the complaints I heard from a Sunderland fan was Parkinson sticks with 3-5-2, I think it's hindering our forwards, especially Mullin.

frank2 14th September 2021 20.45:12

5-3-2 is the problem. Shit formation. Haven't got the palyers to play it.

El Jonez 14th September 2021 20.47:08

[QUOTE=Liverpool Red;2515293]We’re a long way of being a title winning side. Sounds like they (rightly) targeted Cleworth. Midfield non-existent by the sounds of it. Too many long balls going by the Radio Wales commentary. Those who made the long journey will be able to offer better insight.[/QUOTE]

Ratboy doesn’t like us but was a very decent CB. He said Cleworth looked better than both Tozer and Hayden tonight and was only subbed due to his age and experience.

JonesRed 14th September 2021 20.47:09

Need to take a long hard look at ourselves in the analysis of this game.

PP got his tactics completely wrong tonight, I mean he's got a pair fair play to him but unfortunately it did not work at all whatsoever.

We need to revert to a 4 at the back with an extra midfield because we have been annihilated in midfield every game this season and that needs to change if we have any chance of winning this league.

Wxmspiller 14th September 2021 20.49:33

Don’t mean to be down beat but if we loose on saturday we will be 10 points off top that’s a big gap so early in the season

waxcrayon 14th September 2021 20.49:52

Redmond

Wrexhamforever95 14th September 2021 20.50:04

If it wasn’t obvious before it should be now. Midfield is nowhere near good enough, there’s barely any quality in there at all. How have we not rectified the midfield this summer?

The hard part to take is we’ve spent so much money & we don’t look that good at all do we? 6 games in but we’ve won just two, and hardly looked great in either. This rate we will struggle for play offs. We just look a bit poor

wonderboy 14th September 2021 20.50:07

Redmond

Rob 14th September 2021 20.50:18

Expectations are through the roof - and understandably so - but we won't be walking this league.

Redordead 14th September 2021 20.50:29

There’s only Jones in the midfield who can play. Youngs a headless chicken at best and Redmond blagged his way into getting a new deal.

We need footballers in the middle who can keep the ball

totesey2 14th September 2021 20.50:39

I was hoping for a draw, We had our chances but failed to take them Grimsby took theirs that was the difference, Some might not agree but it is still early days.

MichaelP 14th September 2021 20.50:41

How much was the defence again ?

I always felt Jordan Davies was important and tonight has backed up my thoughts.

Redmond and Green waste of space. Maybe we should of kept Jay Harris after all before he went off to Warrington?

I had a bad feeling tonight said 2-1 in LMT was close with my prediction ended up being 3-1 late into the last part of game.

Daggers Saturday am worried about this game. Whilst a draw would be nice win badly needed. Then Stockport away…

standman 14th September 2021 20.51:01

We are constantly overrun and won’t be going anywhere until that’s sorted. No good saying we need time to gel, we are simply not good enough.

Old Paddock Man 14th September 2021 20.51:16

[QUOTE=Dougie Davies;2515285]You don't win games with no midfield. Simple.[/QUOTE]

This. But why is this so? Disjointed recruitment = disjointed team. Too slow appointing a manager who inherited a strange retained list. But even then there was still time to recruit midfielders and obviously the funds to do so. For all the expensive advisors and management, they have cocked up big style. And it’s not hindsight. Most fans were highlighting this all summer. Let’s hope we aren’t too far adrift in January.

Liverpool Red 14th September 2021 20.51:34

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2515300]Ratboy doesn’t like us but was a very decent CB. He said Cleworth looked better than both Tozer and Hayden tonight and was only subbed due to his age and experience.[/QUOTE]

I’m a Cleworth supporter and think he has potential but someone at the game on the live thread said he was to blame for the first two goals. Presumably you will be able to confirm if that was the case being at the game.

sionwxm 14th September 2021 20.51:47

I’d drop Luke Young but we haven’t got anyone to play instead of him. That’s the problem. Sam Ricketts rotated Young with Rutherford, that’s shows his standard. As much as I want him to succeed, he’s just not good enough for a title winning side unfortunately.

gazwxm 14th September 2021 20.51:49

Re: Grimsby Reaction 3-1

Let’s take a step back here. If Keates had 9 points from the first 6 games we wouldn’t be happy, tonight was shocking, All the players who have remained from last season are poor apart from Lainton. Midfield is as bad as it ever has been. We look shaky at the back, and no pattern of play when we are under a bit of pressure. Mullin looked tonight like he’d realised what he’s let himself in for!

Funny_Old_Game 14th September 2021 20.52:16

Whoever was responsible for keeping Redmond needs lynching.

Redted 14th September 2021 20.52:32

I can't see us being close to winning the league, but we should make the play offs. Ticktok cash to be splashed in January though to get the midfield sorted.

Back of the Kop 14th September 2021 20.52:39

[QUOTE=JonesRed;2515301]Need to take a long hard look at ourselves in the analysis of this game.

PP got his tactics completely wrong tonight, I mean he's got a pair fair play to him but unfortunately it did not work at all whatsoever.

We need to revert to a 4 at the back with an extra midfield because we have been annihilated in midfield every game this season and that needs to change if we have any chance of winning this league.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid changing the formation will actually change fook all. Our midfield is dire as everyone predicted.

We will be out of the title race by January for sure. Who carries the can for keeping last season's midfield ? Got to be PP I guess because he's had the funds.

Young is the most overrated player in Wrexham history and that's saying something

welshian 14th September 2021 20.56:05

Disappointing, until the recruitment balls up is rectified we'll struggle. Top 10 at best.

sionwxm 14th September 2021 20.56:48

[QUOTE=gazwxm;2515316]Let’s take a step back here. If Keates had 9 points from the first 6 games we wouldn’t be happy, tonight was shocking, All the players who have remained from last season are poor apart from Lainton. Midfield is as bad as it ever has been. We look shaky at the back, and no pattern of play when we are under a bit of pressure. Mullin looked tonight like he’d realised what he’s let himself in for![/QUOTE]

Last season Mullin had that Hiram Boateng supplying him, what a player he is by the way. I really hope Mullin doesn’t get frustrated and loses his confidence. Hopefully we bounce back on Saturday

reggae boy 14th September 2021 20.57:02

Lose to Dagenham on saturday we'll be 10 points behind them,even at this stage it's to much to make up

El Jonez 14th September 2021 20.58:29

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2515317]Whoever was responsible for keeping Redmond needs lynching.[/QUOTE]

And actually starting him after 2 years without playing a competitive match!

waxcrayon 14th September 2021 20.58:37

[QUOTE=Redordead;2515307]There’s only Jones in the midfield who can play. Youngs a headless chicken at best and Redmond blagged his way into getting a new deal.

We need footballers in the middle who can keep the ball[/QUOTE]

This 100%

Redordead 14th September 2021 21.00:17

[QUOTE=reggae boy;2515322]Lose to Dagenham on saturday we'll be 10 points behind them,even at this stage it's to much to make up[/QUOTE]

Don’t be daft.

Back of the Kop 14th September 2021 21.00:55

Says it all about our retained list, even Redmond said he couldn't believe they kept him on.

He didn't even play last season ffs

Dai83 14th September 2021 21.01:20

There will be loads of tickets going cheap, if things don't improve.

Wiltshire_Red 14th September 2021 21.01:31

Meanwhile our competitors continue to sign or loan players to tweak their teams

El Jonez 14th September 2021 21.01:34

[QUOTE=welshian;2515320]Disappointing, until the recruitment balls up is rectified we'll struggle. Top 10 at best.[/QUOTE]

Not panicking but…

PP should get one of the two quality free agents (Emyr Huws or Jacob Butterfield) in the building tomorrow!

Splash the cash in an area that’s really lacking.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.44:33.