RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Buy big or we stay where we are...!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118292-buy-big-we-stay-where-we.html)

Funny_Old_Game 15th September 2021 07.34:23

Re: Buy big or we stay where we are...!!

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2515450]Indeed.

A superstar to control midfield would be great. , but all we really need is someone who can protect the defence and do the dog work competently. The fancier stuff can be left to others.[/QUOTE]

We just need an experienced and competent Conference ball-winner. Kyle Storer or the like. Nothing fancy or crazy wages, just someone like that would help this team function so well.

It's like Real Madrid with Makelele, what's the point in an extra layer of gold paint on the Bentley if you've got no engine in it.

chef1 15th September 2021 07.49:41

After witnessing last night redmond can never play again, we literally had no midfield and spent all game hoofing it to the front 2 it was painful to watch . Mullin and Hyde need service they are not getting it

El Jonez 15th September 2021 08.12:07

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2515427]At the same time, what other promoted teams are spending £200k+ on players. Maybe some decent tactics and not wasting time on players like Redmond.

Did Sutton spend £1m on transfer fees?[/QUOTE]

Great that we're in the game (FIFA 22), we have our own home and away gin, documentary, electronic advertising boards and much more...

But we need:-

A proper midfield (sign one or both of Huws, Butterfield and get them match fit)
PP to grow a pair and drop the erratic Luke Young and give Tozer the armband
Sign a new target man for the bench (nothing up top once again when Hyde went off)

DenbighRed 15th September 2021 08.23:46

Buy big or stay where we are?

What do you think we've been doing all summer? We've probably shelled out more on transfer fees than any club outside the Championship.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Getting out of this league will be the hardest part in many respects, but you can't accuse us of not spending big so far.

rncfc 15th September 2021 08.28:31

I reckon if you give Tozer a pay rise that should sort you out. Just need to incentivise the players you have already wasted money on.

Sussex Red 15th September 2021 08.34:35

I think people need a little bit of patience. We weren't ever going to walk the league and the new players need time to settle and grow together.

We've already spent big and it is coming together. I'd rather PP see those who aren't up to it in these early games before we get to the hard slog of Christmas and beyond.

Wxm boy 15th September 2021 08.49:25

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2515442]We'll be in the top 4 with this squad. A difficult start while the squad are still bedding in.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, difficult start. 1 loss in 6 games, 4 away isn't a disaster. We get a good run of games after Chesterfield, get some wins and things can change quickly.

We were never walking this league, Salford only got play offs when they were splashing the cash. I expect we'll be similar.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

jonesfach 15th September 2021 09.04:30

[QUOTE=Sussex Red;2515474]I think people need a little bit of patience. We weren't ever going to walk the league and the new players need time to settle and grow together.

We've already spent big and it is coming together. I'd rather PP see those who aren't up to it in these early games before we get to the hard slog of Christmas and beyond.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. No need to panic and let’s not forget every team is raising their game when they play us. Southend for example...

Alan Attack 15th September 2021 09.04:55

This is exactly the point in time where supporters need to hold their nerve.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.34:58.