RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Buy big or we stay where we are...!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118292-buy-big-we-stay-where-we.html)

rncfc 15th September 2021 09.06:56

Re: Buy big or we stay where we are...!!

Fear not, if Grimsby continues to pull away from you in the table, just buy it.

-luke 15th September 2021 09.12:20

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2515478]Agreed, difficult start. 1 loss in 6 games, 4 away isn't a disaster. We get a good run of games after Chesterfield, get some wins and things can change quickly.

We were never walking this league, Salford only got play offs when they were splashing the cash. I expect we'll be similar.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Unrealistic expectations preceeding reality kicking in for many... This season the league is competitive as I've ever seen it, with a number of fantastic clubs who will all be challenging. Last night I was hugely dissapointed but the league wasn't won or lost based on last night's result. We definitely do need to strengthen in midfield and make some tough calls about who plays and who doesn't. It's a bit odd that we couldn't bring someone in during transfer window too...

I'd really love our fans to stop being so negative...all well and good claiming having big attendances makes us a top club (it doesn't) but having a big fanbase who constantly complain is counterproductive.

Lesjonno 15th September 2021 09.24:18

For me it seems we just need more grit and determination and a midfielder with those qualities. Seem to be concentrating on pretty technical football which is nice when it comes off, but too often we got caught out trying to play it out from the back and losing possession. Grimsby pressed harder than us and had more drive and energy and deserved their win. It’s not just a matter of buying a midfielder with technical ability.

ozzy red 15th September 2021 09.24:52

[QUOTE=Conwy Rebel;2515422]Our general disappointment about not signing additional players has firmly come home to roost already. Needless to say we have to buy big at the next transfer window or no way we are getting promoted.

Our midfield desperately needs shoring up with a general or two who can pass and see the game strategically and we need more skilled attacking minded wingers/and another big experienced/fast defender.[/QUOTE]

We lose and its the end of the world, win next week and we are championship contenders.

All for passion, but a little maturity and intelligence wouldn't go astray.

Back of the Kop 15th September 2021 09.25:45

[QUOTE=rncfc;2515487]Fear not, if Grimsby continues to pull away from you in the table, just buy it.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you piss off to your own forum and bore them on there.

Bushfield Stand 15th September 2021 10.42:19

[QUOTE=ozzy red;2515491]We lose and its the end of the world, win next week and we are championship contenders.

All for passion, but a little maturity and intelligence wouldn't go astray.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, win on Saturday and we could be 4 points behind the leaders after seven games. Obviously won’t be easy given the way Dagenham are scoring goals for fun at the moment!

krux 15th September 2021 10.45:22

[QUOTE=ozzy red;2515491]We lose and its the end of the world, win next week and we are championship contenders.

All for passion, but a little maturity and intelligence wouldn't go astray.[/QUOTE]

win next week and we will have a 331 record, so no one will say we are championship contenders.

we will say that when we beat stockport though :)

Back of the Kop 15th September 2021 10.48:06

[QUOTE=krux;2515511]win next week and we will have a 331 record, so no one will say we are championship contenders.

we will say that when we beat stockport though :)[/QUOTE]

Apart from the cannon fodder at the bottom we aren't beating anyone away from home until PP sorts out the mess that is our engine room

Wreck Sam 15th September 2021 11.02:04

Young would have been fine as a squad backup for midfield... but PP has really created an unnecessary problem by making him captain. Now he will find it hard to drop him, which he will have to do to bring someone else in to sort that inadequate midfield. So frustrating...

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.06:54.