RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Buy big or we stay where we are...!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118292-buy-big-we-stay-where-we.html)

OneLoveWrexham 15th September 2021 18.38:22

Re: Buy big or we stay where we are...!!

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2515592]I couldn't agree more, give the armband to Tozer.

Tozer = ice cool...a proven leader of a League One promotion winning team. He should be the first player on the team sheet and also our captain.

Young = looks frantic this season...a former captain at Torquay. Based on form alone, he is only in the team as we don't have other midfield options.[/QUOTE]
This

sparky 15th September 2021 18.42:13

[QUOTE=MJ6987;2515530]Obviously we’re not going to win the league but I still believe we can make the play offs with a couple of good signings in midfield in January.[/QUOTE]

Really? What an odd thing to say.

t1954 15th September 2021 18.44:36

[QUOTE=Conwy Rebel;2515620]The reality is R&R are in the spot light and with the documentary and all the global press etc they have to deliver for their own credibility, as well as what they promised to wrecham and north wales.

They will buy big in January, we will aim for automatic promotion and I expect Tozer has been brought in to be the captain ultimately which may happen after the next few games if things don’t go quite well enough.

We back out boys to the hilt without question however we are all entitled to have our say. I agree now it’s nowhere near panic mode but draw the next two and lose one and it will be!! Myself and many of us on this forum did make the point in the transfer window of what we needed and sadly we fell a touch short which is what we are doing now in games.

I expect the team we see now will be quite a lot different by the time we lift the championship trophy![/QUOTE]

We have had a run of difficult games and the next few are no easier. I have faith that the new owners will do what is necessary to invest more to get the squad to get us out of this division. I said on another thread the best team we have had (77/78) during the years I have watch only had 13pts at the end of the first 10 games, we lost 3 of them, then they gelled and a few new players and there was no stopping us. Relax..

Alan Attack 15th September 2021 18.46:47

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2515592]I couldn't agree more, give the armband to Tozer.

Tozer = ice cool...a proven leader of a League One promotion winning team. He should be the first player on the team sheet and also our captain.

Young = looks frantic this season...a former captain at Torquay. Based on form alone, he is only in the team as we don't have other midfield options.[/QUOTE]

Mullin took penalties off him so Tozer should also have the armband.

It said it all that when David Jones came on for Davies on Saturday, he played the holding role so I would guess that once Jones is fully fit, he’ll assume that position.

MichaelP 15th September 2021 22.02:22

[QUOTE=red hills;2515564]so now one man makes a team

FOOL[/QUOTE]

One of the 31 deffo ^

billybersham 16th September 2021 01.51:00

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2515625]Mullin took penalties off him so Tozer should also have the armband.

It said it all that when David Jones came on for Davies on Saturday, he played the holding role so I would guess that once Jones is fully fit, he’ll assume that position.[/QUOTE]

Might take a while to get fit with only playing 7 matches in over 2 years.

rob_1072 16th September 2021 11.17:13

Are we able to sign players from other FAW teams? And do Cardiff/Swansea still come under them?

Markiejt 16th September 2021 12.01:14

surely we would be idea for loan signings from bigger clubs, due to the esposure the club is bring at the moment?

red hills 16th September 2021 13.08:57

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2515690]One of the 31 deffo ^[/QUOTE]

Because i have a different opinion than your good self i am automatically branded as one of the 31. I can assure you that i am not. the best thing that has happened to the club in many years was R&R buying it. I have been watching WFC for 50 years now so hope this is the time when we finally (apart from the team of the late 70's) have a team to be proud of.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.55:45.