RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   A Touch of Realism (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118294-touch-realism.html)

Bigmike 15th September 2021 16.33:47

Re: A Touch of Realism

[QUOTE=subbuteorob;2515574]Do wrexham pass the "eye test" at the moment ? No.

But we are a far better proposition than we were last season, far more entertaining and playing with 2 strikers !!

We will be in the playoffs at the very least.[/QUOTE]

good post

the_holt_dragon 15th September 2021 16.42:30

To me what's more frustrating than the average start (which I can accept) is the average midfield. We haven't rectified the clear fault from last season which seems mad when we have an increased budget and people like Reed involved.

Prodigal Dragon 15th September 2021 17.08:35

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2515597]To me what's more frustrating than the average start (which I can accept) is the average midfield. We haven't rectified the clear fault from last season which seems mad when we have an increased budget and people like Reed involved.[/QUOTE]

It would be quite interesting hearing the full story of why it went to the wire with no loanee as a back-up if the deals went Tango Uniform.

Parry52 15th September 2021 18.23:58

I'll probably get shot down for this.

We are a National League team owned by 2 Hollywood stars. We've raided teams in League One for their best players, we've spent more this year than we have in what 20 years? Our players are probably earning a massive amount, we're sponsored by one of the most popular companies in the world, FIFA have made a point of adding us to the game.

I know there's the time to gel thing, but we have paid top money for players who are supposed to be so good we can bypass all that formalities and get on to the winning. I know we'll be up there at the end of the season, if we aren't we'll just spend more, but we're making so much hard work of this. By all means believe in the players, we've got no choice, but comparing ourselves to teams who pulled off miracles isn't going to be healthy when we suddenly don't start pulling off the miracle they pulled off.

Alan Attack 15th September 2021 18.51:17

But as the longest serving club at this level, we should be long enough in the tooth to know how this league works and throwing loads of money at it will only get us so far…unless they are Premier League players.

It’s going to take us time and games to gain confidence and to become a good side. We can’t just expect to be a good team. It doesn’t work like that.

the_holt_dragon 15th September 2021 19.06:30

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2515627]But as the longest serving club at this level, we should be long enough in the tooth to know how this league works and throwing loads of money at it will only get us so far…unless they are Premier League players.

It’s going to take us time and games to gain confidence and to become a good side. We can’t just expect to be a good team. It doesn’t work like that.[/QUOTE]

I think you look at the likes of tozer and Hayden and think they will gell. You look at Mullin and think he will start scoring. The midfield is pretty much the same players as last season. It wasn't close to being good enough then, why will they come together now?

Redpensioner 15th September 2021 19.21:31

[QUOTE=Bread_of_Heaven;2515542]So everyone is frustrated with our "average" start to the season. Some even suggesting if we don't win on Saturday we will already be too far behind to challenge for the title. Rubbish!

If we average 2 points a game it pretty much guarantees us being in the mix at the end of the season. In fact if we would have averaged 2 points a game we would have finished top of the table the last 4 seasons.

Dean Saunders said this when he was manager. Over a season generally look to win at home and get a point away and average 2 points a match. On that reckoning, having played 4 away matches and 2 home we should have 10 points to be on target for finishing top or there abouts. We have 9 points despite having a team still getting to know each other and having played some good teams. We are only 1 point off target and a win away on Saturday would actually put us ahead of target.

Yes, I, the same as everyone else, was hoping we'd stroll this league with the quality of signings we have had but things aren't as bad as some are making out.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Some of the posts on here have been shocking.

Parry52 15th September 2021 19.56:36

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2515627]But as the longest serving club at this level, we should be long enough in the tooth to know how this league works and throwing loads of money at it will only get us so far…unless they are Premier League players.

It’s going to take us time and games to gain confidence and to become a good side. We can’t just expect to be a good team. It doesn’t work like that.[/QUOTE]

Should players dropping 2 divisions need confidence? I think we're giving our team too many places to hide behind. We aren't doing well because of bad performances.

the_holt_dragon 15th September 2021 20.11:02

[QUOTE=Parry52;2515644]Should players dropping 2 divisions need confidence? I think we're giving our team too many places to hide behind. We aren't doing well because of bad performances.[/QUOTE]

I think they need confidence learning to play with different players, systems, etc.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.54:33.