RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   A Touch of Realism (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118294-touch-realism.html)

MJ6987 15th September 2021 20.58:24

Re: A Touch of Realism

[QUOTE=t1954;2515543]First 6 games of the 1977/78 season, does it ring a bell. W2,D3,L1, seems familiar. Do you need to panic after 6 games, go on if you want to, but leave me out. These current owners are not losers, have faith.[/QUOTE]

Who was in our midfield that season?

Alan Attack 16th September 2021 06.38:38

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2515650]I think they need confidence learning to play with different players, systems, etc.[/QUOTE]

…and that’s the key point. You can’t become a good team overnight. You achieve it with good results, adversity, stringing results together. I have no doubt Tozer and Mullin are highly confident in themselves but sadly, there’s another 9 blokes in the team.

Things don’t get much easier with games against the league leaders Dagenham and early season favourites Stockport. It’s as tough a start to the season as we could have got particularly with a squad comprising a new spine and a new manager.

cardiffred 16th September 2021 06.49:54

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2515606]It would be quite interesting hearing the full story of why it went to the wire with no loanee as a back-up if the deals went Tango Uniform.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it just came down to what was available wasn't better than what we already had.

Trodat 16th September 2021 06.57:29

Good post Bread.

Christmas period is where it’s at, come out early January within an achievable points deficit and I think we’ll be there or there abouts.

Prodigal Dragon 16th September 2021 07.05:34

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2515717]Maybe it just came down to what was available wasn't better than what we already had.[/QUOTE]

Could be. But there were surely loanees we could have targeted.

Regardless, we now have to get more out of what we have until January comes around.

The potential is clearly there, but we have not yet fully clicked, albeit the quality and entertainment value is considerably better than what we have endured for too long.

I am confident PP will sort it out.

LlayDragon 16th September 2021 07.32:48

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2515597]To me what's more frustrating than the average start (which I can accept) is the average midfield. We haven't rectified the clear fault from last season which seems mad when we have an increased budget and people like Reed involved.[/QUOTE]

I think they had an overinflated impression of their chances of signing Guy.

I can't think of any other reason why we'd be in the situation we are with midfield. After all a good conference holding midfielder would have improved us. I don't buy the idea that better wasn't available.

WREX01 16th September 2021 07.39:38

It seems that we were targeting one or two top midfielders from Boateng, Clarke and Guy.All of whom would've been terrific signings.
But we now find ourselves in a bit of a mess in midfield, i just hope we have a plan.
As others have said, I still expect us to get into the play offs, even with this midfield.

Hamilton Pathetic 16th September 2021 07.43:11

[QUOTE=MJ6987;2515654]Who was in our midfield that season?[/QUOTE]

I honestly don’t think signing Sutton, Thomas and Whittle is going to solve our present midfield problems.

wafc1926 16th September 2021 07.57:37

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2515737]I honestly don’t think signing Sutton, Thomas and Whittle is going to solve our present midfield problems.[/QUOTE]

What about Arfon Griffiths and Les Cartwright though? Both Welsh Internationals.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.08:54.