Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2021, 10.30:38   #31-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Twitter: @

Default Re: A Touch of Realism

I wonder if Jarvis gets a look in at all. I suspect that was Redmond's chance in there been and gone.
Old 16th September 2021, 10.31:12   #32-0 (permalink)
Binned

Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Twitter: @None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I wonder if Jarvis gets a look in at all. I suspect that was Redmond's chance in there been and gone.
I really hope he gets a look in going forwards. If I was Jarvis I would be asking questions.
Old 16th September 2021, 13.51:33   #33-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

A quote this week from Mauricio Pochettino about his PSG team.

“We are a club that has recruited many players this summer. There are some big names but we have to turn into a team. We are a group of players who need to achieve results.”

PP could say exactly the same thing at our level, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.
Old 16th September 2021, 14.00:10   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Öand thatís the key point. You canít become a good team overnight. You achieve it with good results, adversity, stringing results together. I have no doubt Tozer and Mullin are highly confident in themselves but sadly, thereís another 9 blokes in the team.

Things donít get much easier with games against the league leaders Dagenham and early season favourites Stockport. Itís as tough a start to the season as we could have got particularly with a squad comprising a new spine and a new manager.
A very good point, we could have done with a fixture start like Chesterfield.
Old 16th September 2021, 14.07:37   #35-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
I really hope he gets a look in going forwards. If I was Jarvis I would be asking questions.
I liked the look of Jarvis last season, and I have consistently heard in various interviews that he has something about him (from ex players) so if he cant get a game while our midfield is a state then when will he.
Old 16th September 2021, 18.41:19   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread_of_heaven View Post
so everyone is frustrated with our "average" start to the season. Some even suggesting if we don't win on saturday we will already be too far behind to challenge for the title. Rubbish!

If we average 2 points a game it pretty much guarantees us being in the mix at the end of the season. In fact if we would have averaged 2 points a game we would have finished top of the table the last 4 seasons.

Dean saunders said this when he was manager. Over a season generally look to win at home and get a point away and average 2 points a match. On that reckoning, having played 4 away matches and 2 home we should have 10 points to be on target for finishing top or there abouts. We have 9 points despite having a team still getting to know each other and having played some good teams. We are only 1 point off target and a win away on saturday would actually put us ahead of target.

Yes, i, the same as everyone else, was hoping we'd stroll this league with the quality of signings we have had but things aren't as bad as some are making out.
👏👏👏👏👏👏
Old 16th September 2021, 18.46:50   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I liked the look of Jarvis last season, and I have consistently heard in various interviews that he has something about him (from ex players) so if he cant get a game while our midfield is a state then when will he.
Because adding another attacking player won't solve the fundamental issue.
Old 16th September 2021, 19.28:53   #38-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Because adding another attacking player won't solve the fundamental issue.
Yup.

Jarvis is not what we need anf when Davies is fit there's three players in front of him.
Old 16th September 2021, 19.36:35   #39-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Jarvis is another lightweight technical player who only wants to go forward and has never put a tackle in in his life.
Old 17th September 2021, 08.45:27   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
A very good point, we could have done with a fixture start like Chesterfield.
Call me cynical, but it makes me wonder how the fixtures in this league are worked out. I can't find any info on it!

I remember years ago, it was revealed that it was an individual person that worked out the fixtures for this league and he turned out to be a Mansfield fan, who were in this league at the time!

Can you imagine if it turns out to be a Chesterfield fan who's worked out the fixtures for this season!!

I know everyone says that it evens out over the season, but if you get an easy start then you get a lot of momentum going and a lot of confidence by the time the tougher games come along.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.57:34.