RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   A Touch of Realism (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118294-touch-realism.html)

cardiffred 16th September 2021 18.46:50

Re: A Touch of Realism

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2515898]I liked the look of Jarvis last season, and I have consistently heard in various interviews that he has something about him (from ex players) so if he cant get a game while our midfield is a state then when will he.[/QUOTE]

Because adding another attacking player won't solve the fundamental issue.

LlayDragon 16th September 2021 19.28:53

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2515946]Because adding another attacking player won't solve the fundamental issue.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Jarvis is not what we need anf when Davies is fit there's three players in front of him.

Funny_Old_Game 16th September 2021 19.36:35

Jarvis is another lightweight technical player who only wants to go forward and has never put a tackle in in his life.

Iggy Pop 17th September 2021 08.45:27

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2515896]A very good point, we could have done with a fixture start like Chesterfield.[/QUOTE]

Call me cynical, but it makes me wonder how the fixtures in this league are worked out. I can't find any info on it!

I remember years ago, it was revealed that it was an individual person that worked out the fixtures for this league and he turned out to be a Mansfield fan, who were in this league at the time!

Can you imagine if it turns out to be a Chesterfield fan who's worked out the fixtures for this season!!

I know everyone says that it evens out over the season, but if you get an easy start then you get a lot of momentum going and a lot of confidence by the time the tougher games come along.

W5. 17th September 2021 08.59:31

[QUOTE=Iggy Pop;2516032]Call me cynical, but it makes me wonder how the fixtures in this league are worked out. I can't find any info on it!

I remember years ago, it was revealed that it was an individual person that worked out the fixtures for this league and he turned out to be a Mansfield fan, who were in this league at the time!

Can you imagine if it turns out to be a Chesterfield fan who's worked out the fixtures for this season!!

I know everyone says that it evens out over the season, but if you get an easy start then you get a lot of momentum going and a lot of confidence by the time the tougher games come along.[/QUOTE]

Our last 5 games of the run-in are not great either:

Woking A
Southend H
Boreham Wood A
Stockport H
Dagenham A

Richthered 17th September 2021 09.12:46

We've started well for me, it's only 6 games in. These new players are going to take time to gel together and when they do we will be in the top 3 or 4 for me. As others have said you won't walk this league no matter how much cash you spend. Only thing I would question is why we have appointed a manager whose experience is so much higher than this league, Steve Evans or someone like that would have made more sense for me, but he'll figure it out sooner rather than later.

Corner Flag 17th September 2021 09.16:41

[QUOTE=Richthered;2516039]We've started well for me, it's only 6 games in. These new players are going to take time to gel together and when they do we will be in the top 3 or 4 for me. As others have said you won't walk this league no matter how much cash you spend. Only thing I would question is why we have appointed a manager whose experience is so much higher than this league, Steve Evans or someone like that would have made more sense for me, but he'll figure it out sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt take rocket science to work out our midfield is poor any manager should figure that out rather quickly.

Iggy Pop 17th September 2021 09.20:31

[QUOTE=W5.;2516036]Our last 5 games of the run-in are not great either:

Woking A
Southend H
Boreham Wood A
Stockport H
Dagenham A[/QUOTE]

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

If you look at our first 10 games this season and compare with how we got on in the exact same games last season (replacing Sutton and Hartlepool with Southend and Grimsby), we took 10 points.

If you take Chesterfield's first 10 games and compare to how we got on in those fixtures last season, we took 21 points!!

burtos 17th September 2021 11.06:39

Also why do we always play teams who have just sacked there manager and appoint a new one when playing us next.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.06:40.