Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2021, 07.37:08   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Twitter: @

Default Re: Grimsby highlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reckless View Post
That pitch looks so much wider than ours which Gary utilised for the first goal in particular. Pushed our wing backs right back meaning our 3 had too much ground to cover. Don't think Cleworth was at fault for 1st as some suggestions, Reckords man ran off him.
Well worked corner from them
There will always be some that moan and find fault with conceding a goal and fail to understand that football is not a game of perfect, but sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is due. We scored a very good goal, sadly they scored two very good goals. It happens.
Old 16th September 2021, 08.02:47   #22-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reckless View Post
That pitch looks so much wider than ours which Gary utilised for the first goal in particular. Pushed our wing backs right back meaning our 3 had too much ground to cover. Don't think Cleworth was at fault for 1st as some suggestions, Reckords man ran off him.
Well worked corner from them
I don’t think their pitch is any wider but it’s certainly more sloping. They’ve been trying to level it for years particularly the pontoon west end six yard box which has always been on a little hill. They’ve been promised a new ground at various locations for years and to be fair they deserve one.
Old 16th September 2021, 08.28:15   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sionwxm View Post
The assist for our goal was a great pass too, was that James Jones? Quality and good finish by Hyde
Its actually Luke Young, the player everyone has been slating since Tuesday!
Old 16th September 2021, 08.39:59   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
There will always be some that moan and find fault with conceding a goal and fail to understand that football is not a game of perfect, but sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is due. We scored a very good goal, sadly they scored two very good goals. It happens.
The play on the right was very good and suckered us, it is also a good ball in....it is disappointing though that their forward gets a run on, and beats, Tozer and Hayden to the ball.
Old 16th September 2021, 09.58:26   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesjonno View Post
I don’t think their pitch is any wider but it’s certainly more sloping. They’ve been trying to level it for years particularly the pontoon west end six yard box which has always been on a little hill. They’ve been promised a new ground at various locations for years and to be fair they deserve one.
Our pitch looks like it has been narrowed this season,but not read any reasoning for it
Old 16th September 2021, 10.15:43   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Our pitch looks like it has been narrowed this season,but not read any reasoning for it
To accommodate the electronic advertising boards I would imagine. Perhaps the long throw also that has so far not been effective at all.
Old 16th September 2021, 10.25:40   #27-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post
To accommodate the electronic advertising boards I would imagine. Perhaps the long throw also that has so far not been effective at all.
effective at helping us concede from what I've heard.

If it is going to be effective we need more size in the team - a big midfielder and a big target man. Hyde is good strong back to goal player but he's not a large target man dominant in the air like Danny Wright. I'm not saying we should ditch Hyde - he's done a good job so far and scored a few - just that he is not going to thrive off long throws.
Old 16th September 2021, 10.28:54   #28-0 (permalink)
Binned

Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Twitter: @None

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post
I do remember Challinor and other players who do the long throw going slightly into the stand where they can that is to do the long throw if the pitch is narrow.

I know at Racecourse could be tricky with the boards unless there’s a way of separation / gaps in the boards.

Certainly away from home at some grounds we maybe able to do it?
Old 17th September 2021, 18.24:32   #29-0 (permalink)
-

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

after watching the highlights i have to admit to firstly intense dissapointment to losing but also to the realisation that Wrexham were maybe not quite as bad as was what described on the radio
Old 17th September 2021, 18.40:14   #30-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
after watching the highlights i have to admit to firstly intense dissapointment to losing but also to the realisation that Wrexham were maybe not quite as bad as was what described on the radio
Agreed, on the day Grimsby looked the better team, it happens. The 3rd goal we were chasing the game.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.49:11.